What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Tülomsas Managed to Develop a 850 HP Diesel Engine, they can be charge for for Development of 1500 HP Tank Engine.

Tülomsas Managed to Develop a 850 HP Diesel Engine, they can be charge for for Development of 1500 HP Tank Engine.
Any of them can be in charge...but the best option is Otokar by far.

Or if i had been İsmail Demir, i would formed a consortium from Otokar, Tülomsaş and Tümosan. Made a work division, and tasked everyone with designing and producing the different parts of the engine.

I have a hunch that this project will turn into a snake story like MPT-76, ANKA, LORAMIDS and we will end up with using MTU engines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing is, this project started in 2011. In 12 August 2014 Tumosan win the tender. In 17 March 2015 Tumosan and SSM signed the deal.
In 24 February 2017 project cancelled.

After 6 years we are where we started. This is a major fvck up by SSM. For taking the whole process so long, giving the tender to an incompetent company, allowing them to team up with an Austrian firm (Austria was even hostile against Turkey at that time.) And here we are......anybody is going to take responsibility for this disastor ? No, of course...not in "Yeni Türkiye".

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Temel Kotil said in an interview that BMC together with Arifiye Military Facilities are capable for Altay and engine manufacturing.

( "Cummins could be the engine partner ", my opinion)

I posted the link at Altay topic.

Last edited:
ALTAY tank at IDEX 2017

23tgtb6.jpg

Altay MBT Magic Trick (TFX - BAE)

Quote :

Altay Tankı’nın üretimine Nurol Holding de talip

Ahmet Gözütok
22 Şubat 2017, Çarşamba 23:26

FNSS Savunma Sistemleri, Altay Tankı’nın üretimiyle ilgilendiklerini açıkça ilan etti. Türkiye’nin bu alandaki belki de en tecrübeli ismi olan şirket cephesinden gelen açıklamalar yazımızda.

Nurol Holding ve BAE Systems ortak şirketi olan FNSS Savunma Sistemleri A.Ş. Akıncı, Kaplan, Pars gibi zırhlı muharebe araçlarının üreticisi konumunda. Etkin olarak satışı devam eden ve Türk Silahlı Kuvvetleri envanterinde de çeşitli miktarlarda bulunan araçların arkasındaki isim olan şirket, şimdi de gözünü Altay Tankı’na dikmiş durumda.

Bloomberg HT yayınına katılan şirket CFO’su Kerim Kemahlı, FNSS olarak Altay Tankı’nın üretimiyle ilgilendiklerini aktardı. Tank üretimi konusunda Türkiye’nin en tecrübeli firması olduklarını belirten ve bu ilginin de bundan dolayı son derece doğal olduğunu söyleyen Kemahlı, 1986 yılında kurulan şirketin bugün çok önemli bir misyon üstlendiğini savunuyor.

Altay Tankı konusundaki gelişmeler ise şu anda birazcık karanlık aslında. Güç ve aktarma grubu geliştirmesi için yüklenici isim olan Tümosan, son olarak bir aylık ek süre almıştı. Firmanın 24 Şubat’a kadar nihai bir adım atması gerekiyor. Ana yüklenici OTOKAR bu noktada istekli olduğunu birçok kez zaten dile getirmişti.

Tümosan’ın ise siyasi durumlar nedeni ile yaşadığı olumsuzlukların nasıl bir sonuç ortaya koyacağı büyük merak konusu. Her şey tamam olsa bile tankta yerli bir aktarma ve güç grubu kullanılabilmesi için çalışmanın biteceği en erken süre ise 24 Ağustos 2021 olarak görülüyor. Otokar’dan gelecek yanıt, Tümosan’ın sunacağı rapor projenin kaderinin şekillenmesinde önemli rol oynayacak ancak üretim sürecine yeni isimlerin dahil olması da kaçınılmaz olabilir.

Donanimhaber.com

“FNSS Savunma Sistemleri A.Ş. is a Turkish joint venture company owned 51% by Nurol Holding of Turkey and 49% by BAE Systems Inc.”

FNSS Defence Systems

EuroPowerPack

Wikiped Link

MTU MT883 Ka-500/501 27.4-litre (27,361 cc) 90° V-block 12-cylinder liquid-cooled diesel engine

Rolls-Royce Power Systems (Link)

“MTU derives from Motoren- und Turbinen-Union meaning [Motor (Engine) and Turbine Union].

MTU Friedrichshafen remained a subsidiary of DaimlerChrysler until 2006 when it was sold off to the EQT IV private equity fund, becoming a part of the Tognum Corporation. Rolls-Royce Holdings and Daimler AG acquired Tognum in 2011. In 2014, Tognum was renamed Rolls-Royce Power Systems, having become a 100 per cent subsidiary of Rolls-Royce Holdings.”

MTU Friedrichshafen (Link)

BAE Systems Land & Armaments (Challenger 2 MBT) - Link -

:smart:

In the statement 2. Article says:
Yüklenicinin ihtiyaç duyulan sahalarda yurtdışından teknik destek alabileceği ancak yükleniciye karşı Güç Grubunun tamamının geliştirilmesinden sorumlu tek bir Teknik Destek Sağlayıcı (TDS) olacağı Projenin başından itibaren prensip olarak kabul edilmiştir.
If i read it correctly;

We see that this "TDS" is Austrian AVL company. AVL would make everything needed to develop the engine and Tümosan would be paid our tax money by government. Nothing "milli" at all..
Austria stops selling any kind of military service/equipment to Turkey, and the project stops..! Because Tümosan has no ability to R&D such gear by itself alone.

From the statement we realize that Tumosan was not eligible for such a project from the beginning but because of political games it got the bid.

I as a Turkish citizen, feel so ashamed. Fiasco, lies, lies , lies...

BTW, Tümosan, Yenişafak, TV Net all belongs to "Albayrak Group".

Last edited:

Austria stops selling any kind of military service/equipment to Turkey, and the project stops..! Because Tümosan has no ability to R&D such gear by itself alone.

o_O

Just like all others Turkish companies for engines. Why ? Technology very extremely strategic [Same problem for Turbofan jet engine, Hisar-ON (Nokta), Space launch system etc…].

Last edited:
o_O

Just like all others Turkish companies for engines. Why ? Technology very extremely strategic.

We have companies who can make it. It is just f*cking politicians, politics that mess everything up.

There may be some points we dont know though.

Last edited:
No ! Too long, complicate and expensive. No need to reinvent the wheel to progress. ;)

Maybe. But our own.. You can never trust the evil.

We have a good saying in Turkey for such cases. But i wont translate it.
"Elin sikiyle gerdeğe girmek."

Maybe. But our own.. You can never trust the evil.

We have a good saying in Turkey for such cases. But i wont translate it.
"Elin sikiyle gerdeğe girmek."

Everyone has been doing this since the beginning of the world. Even china for its
new rebirth technological. ;)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom