What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Some (majority?) of Turkish Leo2s still have older armor (A1/a2 level?) and not A4 level though.

That was what you should have understood from "same old tanks"

It is written right here:

"Serdar Gorguc of Otokar made the announcement that Altay passed the acceptation"

no?
as OguzSenturk said, the acceptance tests of the Altay were passed long ago and the development project was finished. That is not new. However the contract for production of the tank has not been signed yet. One of the two companies (probably), BMC or Otokar, will get to produce it and everybody is waiting to see which one does.

I hope whatever company is chosen it is chosen fast so that the production starts soon.

I hope like mpt-76 for Altay
Otokar for Turkey and UAE and Azerbaican.
BMC for Qatar.
FNSS for Saudi Arabia , Endonesia or Malaysia
I know i am too optimistic but i hope if two of them happens it is perfect for Turkey.

as OguzSenturk said, the acceptance tests of the Altay were passed long ago and the development project was finished. That is not new. However the contract for production of the tank has not been signed yet. One of the two companies (probably), BMC or Otokar, will get to produce it and everybody is waiting to see which one does.

I hope whatever company is chosen it is chosen fast so that the production starts soon.
Tests have just finished, not already.

So, we can work together with UK on T-FX but not on Altay's Engine....i'm not buying Tumosan's statement.

Who is now responsible for the Development of 1500 HP Engine for Altay ? Is the Development handed over to Tülomsas or BMC ?
It seems like, there will be a new RFP.

I hope, they would give the task to Otokar...They have much more experience then any other companies in Turkey.

As far as i know, BMC don't have any experience with engine producing.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom