What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

I don't know how the hell this picture got leaked out on the right on twitter, but it says CONFIDENTIAL at the bottom. Report that tweet and delete this post.

Dude you are acting a bit odd these days....remove this...delete this....report this....
A little reverse search reveals that this detail has been circulating on social media since it was issued.
Even the Bakhtoras posted it on their echo chamber on 14 August 2019.
What's the issue here?

The report is just a list of pilots that were awarded for Operation Swift Retort.

The photo is a screenshot from a TV program about a Sherdil team pilot. This pilot is not mentioned in the list of awarded pilots. The 2 things are unrelated.

The Indian has made up a claim that this Sherdil pilot is dead.

View attachment 816995
Ex RAAF Mirage IIIDA, No 15 TA Squadron. H-4 Guidance
View attachment 816996
Ex RAAF Mirage IIIDA, No 15 TA Squadron

View attachment 816997
Mirage VPA, No 15 TA Squadron H-4 Launch

View attachment 816998
F-17 Block 2, No 16 Squadron #BlackPanthers 2× Mk-83 REK Launch

View attachment 816999
JF-17 Block 2, No 16 MR Squadron 2× Mk-83 REK Launch

View attachment 817000
F-16AM Block 15 MLU, No 29 MR Squadron #Aggressors (aircraft from 11) Pilot: W/C Nauman Ali Khan AIM-120 AMRAAM launch

View attachment 817001
F-16BM Block 15 MLU, 29 MR Squadron (aircraft from 11) Pilot: S/L Hassan Saddiqui. AIM-120 AMRAAM launch

F16 is the most sexy jet ever! The eyes just get fixed on it!

I fail to see any logic what so ever by any stretch of imagination why if we have a proof of second Indian aircraft destroyed we are not “leaking” it .

I can understand if we at some point wanted to hide how we brought the aircraft down but now that Indians have proudly displayed AMRAAM as a used condomn we should do our part and show where is was used.

I had several exchanges with Air Forces Monthly editor on this topic and I failed to convince him that we had shot down two aircrafts in the absences of any real proof.

Our narrative and truth is meaningless unless we show some proof of this incident.

This is one of my several exchanges with Thomas and you can clearly see his point. I have edited my name and email addresses.
Hey brother, I can think of a couple of reasons.

1: Pakistan doesn't want to 'have to prove' what it claims. PAF is a professional outfit, what they say should be the final word. Besides what stops the enemy from rejecting such proofs.
2: The evidence that Pakistan has is sensitive, revealing it can reveal the position and capabilities of our radar installations and potentially a few other things. This information can be exploited by the enemy to plan better next time.

We can sacrifice our feelings for the security of the nation. I am very sure that as soon it becomes feasible, PAF will release necessary information.

Cheers

The other day I went to an Indian military forum because of the J-10CP news and see what they have to say, and then on their Pakistan thread all I see was Abhinandan heroic action and shot down of F-16 discussion. I mean what was I thinking..... I should've known better to go there.

With MIG-21....
Yes actually Abhinandan had a stone in his hand and when F-16 was near he opened the "window" and threw it on bull's eye. F16 was sh0t but due to high wind pressure at super sonic speed Abhinandan was also hurled out of the the jet and eventually landed inside Azad Kashmir.... Rest of the story you people know well.
Edit : P.S I a forgot to mention the fate of PAF F16. As Abhi-none-done was flying his "Super mig" at Mach 5, it added to the speed of stone he hurled and it acted as a meteorite which on impact vaporize F-16, hence no proof of where it went (later PAF bought a dummy F16 from eBay and put it on display along with other jets.
The fate of poor PAF pilot "Shahzaz Uddin'' is even more tragic. Upon landing local asked him to recite all 6 kalmas of Islam. He fumbled on the 6th kalma and eventually was lynched by locals. RIP

Last edited:
Most likely the Amraam hit the SU-30 over hilly area and the wreckage of the missile would be found there, if the SU was able to reach back to the airfield, how come was IAF able to find the wrecked AMram so quickly
Exactly whole NATO couldn't find Spanish AMRAAM fired accidentally over Estonia.

I think area of Estonia is smaller than IOK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom