What's new

Now, Germany mulls burqa ban

but the burka has nothing to do with islam. it is an arabian dress style and was never prescribed as a form of dress for islam so i been told
Some people say it is. It's their free right to say it is. If you're saying "Burkha is not part of Islam so we have to ban it" Isn't that an Islamic law then? Is france passing its own version of Islamic laws?

Secularism is seclusion of ALL religion from government. That includes seclusion of all anti-religion laws as well. You leave it on the individual to decide.

Well I never support banning something but the burqa that covers the face with a cutout for eyes looks it's straight coming from the stone ages (it's hard to believe that somebody wants to wear that out of free will), I prefer the ones the dawoodi vohra muslims use here in India which shows the face and is also of different colors, does the job and is quiet user friendly too. I think both Hindus and Muslims should move with time and give up on useless rituals like covering oneself, their head, their hair etc which were probably relevant 100s of years ago and not in 21st century

Lo kr lo Gal

so much for Freedom of Expression, so Now Europeans will dictate what to wear :disagree:

Leave it to women, its their problem wether they want to wear it or not..

Same as Saudis Arabia / Taliban / Malaysia etc wants women to wear Burkha , dont go without man, dont drink Alcohol

Do same rules also applies to S.A and other countries also??

Same as Saudis Arabia / Taliban / Malaysia etc wants women to wear Burkha , dont go without man, dont drink Alcohol

FOR GOD SAKE who told you that this law is there in other countries

so much for the 'slogan of freedom'

Last edited:
683f7f11799a70c268a0c2e86112b2f4.jpg

I can understand in a modern scociety that a Burqa presents problems,a Hijab allows identification for security and legal reasons while still maintaining modesty there is no religious reason for more.
Western women are required to dress modestly in most Islamic countires, if people chose to live in a non islamic county they should acept that they will live by different rules.

If after all islamic women in france demand the right to wear a burqa because it is traditional in saudi arabia would it not be equally fair for french women to bathe toppless in saudia arabia, because it is their custom?

This is Photoshopped my dear smart pants..

Turkey banned Hijab in colleges and stuff. But it was later unbanned because 2/3rds of the female population wear it despite it being a secular country being 95 percent Muslim.

Also, I heard Burka is being banned in some parts of Egypt as well

* Correction.

Only in Jamia ul Azhar and only in between females you cannot wear hijab but everywhere else you can.

Yes our rules are same for everywhere.

Not like Hindus who think that Cow is their Mata ( mum) but when they fly away they start eating her.

This is scary man!

Nothing is going to stop Islam from spreading.

Let them ban minaretes their activists will convert.

Let them ban burqas it will tripple the number people converting on daily baisis.

Let them ban their own people from doing what they want to do and they would be the one to repent on what they did.

i'll be honest with you guys the goverment of this whole world is F'ed up =P.

also i am against this actoin i belive that people should aloud to wear what ever they want.

This was actually a fcuking latee move. they should ban minarets aswell. Every neighbourhood is getting one these days.Its freaken annoying with these fundamentalists.

If you want to live in our country, then obey our laws,not your fundamental principles.We didnt gave you visas to continue your propaganda **** and conversions.

Kid, are you retarded? :coffee:

Would be thankful, if you provide the link to a thread where any other religion or its concepts are being discussed.

Because, if you don't provide, which i hope you won't, it does proves we don't allow religious discussion of any religion.

Here you go Taimi. I randomly searched for Hinduism related topics in PDF and found the following 3 which according to me should have only been restricted to members who follow Hinduism. There were countless other related to Hinduism but I didn't go in to see if any Hinduism related concepts were being discussed.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/40043-hinduism-respects-women-rights-burning-her-alive-3.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/24486-how-many-hindu-gods-dr-naik-4.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/22351-cannibalism-hinduism-documentary-aghoris.html

My purpose is not to start an argument with you Taimi or to show you down. In fact I'd much rather have people of all faiths participate in topics related to particular religions. I know it creates problems but at the same time that's how you clear misconceptions. But we shouldn't allow threads that are created purely to defame or insult religions. Rest, discussion is fine. I hope you take this in the right spirit.

Here you go Taimi. I randomly searched for Hinduism related topics in PDF and found the following 3 which according to me should have only been restricted to members who follow Hinduism. There were countless other related to Hinduism but I didn't go in to see if any Hinduism related concepts were being discussed.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/40043-hinduism-respects-women-rights-burning-her-alive-3.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/24486-how-many-hindu-gods-dr-naik-4.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/22351-cannibalism-hinduism-documentary-aghoris.html

My purpose is not to start an argument with you Taimi or to show you down. In fact I'd much rather have people of all faiths participate in topics related to particular religions. I know it creates problems but at the same time that's how you clear misconceptions. But we shouldn't allow threads that are created purely to defame or insult religions. Rest, discussion is fine. I hope you take this in the right spirit.

If you check them, they are already CLOSED, and the last discussion in 2 of the threads happened one year back.

And yeah we do let religious discussion happen to a limit, just like this one, but if it starts going out of hand, just like one of the above comments by an Indian member, we would have to close or delete this one too.

Your claim would have been valid, if the threads pointed by you had been active and discussions would still be happening.

If possible, give a thread, which is active and still being discussed and members are out of control.

Well I never support banning something but the burqa that covers the face with a cutout for eyes looks it's straight coming from the stone ages (it's hard to believe that somebody wants to wear that out of free will), I prefer the ones the dawoodi vohra muslims use here in India which shows the face and is also of different colors, does the job and is quiet user friendly too. I think both Hindus and Muslims should move with time and give up on useless rituals like covering oneself, their head, their hair etc which were probably relevant 100s of years ago and not in 21st century
A lot of people wear it out of free will. The Burkha, is actually a black colored dress that doesn't cover the face but covers the rest of the body loosely (of course there's this skin tight burkha fashion going on in the Middle East, thats a different story).

The face covering is added by the really ultra conservative women. According to Security requirements any sort of veil should have been banned but the burkha banning is just killing freedoms.

Back
Top Bottom