What's new

Taliban bans university education for Afghan girls

New US restrictions against Taliban for bans on women

AFP
February 2, 2023

02121557f9bcf48.jpg

WASHINGTON: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced new visa restrictions against the Taliban Wednesday in response to bans on employment and education for women in Afghanistan.

“I am taking action today to impose additional visa restrictions on certain current or former Taliban members, members of non-state security groups, and other individuals believed to be responsible for, or complicit in, repressing women and girls in Afghanistan,” Blinken said in a statement.

Blinked said the repressive actions included “the Taliban’s decision to ban women from universities and from working with NGOs. “

Since their return to power in August 2021, the Taliban have imposed severe restrictions on Afghan women, banning them from holding public jobs, attending secondary schools and universities, or from going to parks.

At the end of December, they banned NGOs from working with Afghan women, leading several organizations to suspend their activities.

Blinken added that Washington will continue to work in coordination with allied countries to make “clear to the Taliban that their actions will carry significant costs and close the path to improved relations with the international community.”

The Taliban's primary job is to ensure the steady flow of the "recreational staffs", the rest are all Fasa Fiso....

Pak needs to re-open the Shamsi base......

Afghanistan girls' education: 'When I see the boys going to school, it hurt​

Habiba, Mahtab and Tamana

Left to right: Habiba, Mahtab and Tamana - they are all devastated that young women in Afghanistan cannot attend school

By Yogita Limaye
Afghanistan correspondent

"Every day I wake up with the hope of going back to school. They [the Taliban] keep saying they will open schools. But it's been almost two years now. I don't believe them. It breaks my heart," says 17-year-old Habiba.

She blinks and bites her lip trying hard not to tear up.

Habiba and her former classmates Mahtab and Tamana are among hundreds of thousands of teenage girls who have been barred from attending secondary school in most of Afghanistan by the Taliban - the only country to take such action.

One-and-a-half years since their lives were brought to a halt, their grief is still raw.

The girls say they fear that global outrage over what's happened to them is fading, even though they live with the pain every day - intensified this week when another school term started without them.

"When I see the boys going to school and doing whatever they want, it really hurts me. I feel very bad. When I see my brother leaving for school, I feel broken," says Tamana. Her voice trembles and tears roll down her cheeks but she goes on.

"Earlier, my brother used to say I won't go to school without you. I hugged him and said you go, I'll join you later.
"People tell my parents you shouldn't worry, you have sons. I wish we had the same rights."

They won't even give women's rights according to Shariah. The taliban truly are degenerates.

The bitches were supporters of lar aur bar and anti-Pakistan, we should fully support this action against our enemies

Said it before and will say it again. The only good taliban is a dead one.

One Bangladesh University AUW takes in several hundred Afghan women as students every year. On fully funded scholarships.

iu

iu

iu

Taliban representative given a grilling over girl education:-

Be Taliban
Ban Womens education
Your daughter goes sick
Realize you banned womens from jobs
Realize you banned womens from interacting with opposite gender
You need women doctors
There are no womens doctors because you banned them
Your daughter and wife dies
Or you live like hypocrite

Kind of stupid to deny women's education.

How can a woman take care of herself if she is not educated?

But I wonder what is the whole story behind this.

Back
Top Bottom