What's new

French police make woman remove burkini on Nice beach

@flamer84 @Arsalan @Zibago @SarthakGanguly @Roybot

I don't understand why everyone is outraged.
The police officers are here to enforce a local decree,and this woman defied the law.
She was given two choices ; Fined and leaving the beach,or fined and remove her burkini.
It was her personal choice to remove her burkini,the local police or the municipality aren't to blame here.

The police officers are here to enforce a local decree,and this woman defied the law.
She was given two choices ; Fined and leaving the beach,or fined and remove her burkini.
It was her personal choice to remove her burkini,the local police or the municipality aren't to blame here.
People here are not questioning police but arguing on restrictions on burkini.

To much noise about this.

I see that the next President of the Republic called the burqini a sign of islamic extremism so we can expect a national ban when he gets to power.

@flamer84 A local police officer interviewed by a newspaper told that this lady was already known and that some days ago she was warned that such clothes were forbidden. She came back,and yes defied the law.
She wasn't only wearing it on the beach,but also in the water.

La personne de la photo du DailyMail était connue. Elle avait été prévenue quelques jours avant. Elle ne portait pas sa tenue que sur la plage, elle s'était aussi baignée avec.

From l'express.fr

To much noise about this.

I see that the next President of the Republic called the burqini a sign of islamic extremism so we can expect a national ban when he gets to power.

The left is pretty divided on the subject,whereas all rightists are totally against it.

I find the ban as a denial of human rights

It is human right of person to dress as they want and enjoy the free waves of the ocean and warmth of the sun

No one's business to give a person a fine based on how they perceive them to look like

The face is 100% visible and there is 0% threat of any kind

The unnecessary ban is just over stepping the bounds of personal freedom

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-woman-remove-burkini-on-nice-beach?CMP=fb_gu

4252.jpg

4252.jpg

French forcing the lady to take off clothes but still have her a fine quite disgusting

Misguided priorities

Full body beachwear was part of society in 1900 (still observed in many countries of world)
not every one feels one dress defines all people

3086675410_65a48a77cd_o.jpg

1900swimsuit.jpg

victorian-swimwear-27.jpg

bathingsuit-12.jpg

People should have a wear to what they feel comfortable at beach or anywhere

French have lost their marbles

130619183205-hob-1925-vertical-gallery.jpg

1900s-swimsuits-victorian-era.jpg

The tradition of wearing clothes to beach is 100% European and culture

It is interference of human rights of a person how they want to be dressed while visiting a beach

Last edited:
People here are not questioning police but arguing on restrictions on burkini.
This is very similar to Saudi Mutawa if you ask me plus going against those who post pictures of incidents really?
Just deny entry at gate or soemthing if they have to
Anywho its their country and their laws

Don't you think it's oppressive i mean shouldn't people be allowed to wear what ever they want to wear? her face was not covered right than what's the problem?

20120620-162146.jpg

Men had always had problem with length of women wear , it s not job for anyone to tell anyone how they should dress like

4f15fd7b2445578b5769dc2e407eff91.jpg

1900a.jpg

13394v.jpg

Don't see a problem with people fully clothes enjoying the waves and sea

Women enjoying the waves and life in USA again fully clothed and no one cares
Bathing-Suit-Women-in-bathing-costumes-in-Pacific-Ocean-at-Moclips-August-23-1913-Credit-Univ-of-Washington-Digital-Collection1.jpg

Being able to enjoy outdoor or sun or beach is basic human rights
french can bull shit all they want but their ancestors all wore same clothes
SM_BathingSuites.jpg

article-1223701-06F7AB54000005DC-62_634x406.jpg

ClD9l0rWEAAbTHF.jpg

Last edited:
What are you talking about? I'm quite offended by your accusation. Have I ever given you reason to think me capable of such a thing?

If this ban isn't Islamophobic then why aren't Catholic nuns banned from visiting beaches with their habits on?
I also took offense as my irreligious sentiments are hurt. :P

Do this experiment - Dress up in Catholic garb and go to a Corsican beach. :D

This is no integration or assimilation campaign this pure bigotry what they did was public humiliation to show them we are superior people were chanting go back go back at when the police was doing that Indians are cheering it because majority of them joined this forum to ridicule Pakistan and Muslims they top know it isnt about integration when someone is forced to remove a garment in public
Looks like we have a mind reader here. :tup:

I also took offense as my irreligious sentiments are hurt. :P

Do this experiment - Dress up in Catholic garb and go to a Corsican beach. :D

Looks like we have a mind reader here. :tup:
Well my eyes are still functional and i do observe what happens here and on other Pakistani forums or pages on a daily basis
You can disagree with my conclusion but even you know its true

Don't you think it's oppressive i mean shouldn't people be allowed to wear what ever they want to wear? her face was not covered right than what's the problem?

The highest court will look into the case and will give a decision tomorrow at 3pm.
If they agree with the ban in some municipalities,we are most likely looking into a national ban.

And there is no dress code for women in KSA? Iran?

There is a conflict between the rights of the Individual to select their own clothes
and the right of the nation to avoid having groups enforcing their agenda through clothing.

There should be a ban on the use of uniforms.

If people want to express their political/religious views through clothing
I have no problem banning that.
Good example would be the Hitlerists SA uniforms which was used to to repress others.

Would be a good law to handle Hells Angels gangsters.

The highest court will look into the case and will give a decision tomorrow at 3pm.
If they agree with the ban in some municipalities,we are most likely looking into a national ban.

1471743779278.cached.jpg

upload_2016-8-25_20-55-29.jpeg

As Law is same for everybody I hope french will ask their nuns to get naked as well?

And there is no dress code for women in KSA? Iran?

There is a conflict between the rights of the Individual to select their own clothes
and the right of the nation to avoid having groups enforcing their agenda through clothing.

There should be a ban on the use of uniforms.

If people want to express their political/religious views through clothing
I have no problem banning that.
Good example would be the Hitlerists SA uniforms which was used to to repress others.

Would be a good law to handle Hells Angels gangsters.

Saudia and IRAN is not our Big Daddy (We may have diplomatic relations and certain common elements) but how people live life in Pakistan is very different then in the two mentioned countries

Many Pakistani families have a culture shock when they live in Saudia

Stop viewing Pakistan or other countries thru prism of Iran / Saudia (If your bench mark is to be just like Saudia or Iran by all mean assume as you wish)

But Pakistan and it's culture is based on equality and a natural balance in schools and work based on respect of both genders

@my_250

University.gif

Scholarships-HEC-Foreign-Government-Pakistan.jpg

group_dec16_558.jpg

1454520294-4999.jpg

If your media gives you pictures of Iran/Saudia 9 to 5 it is your own issue

We don't have any mandate to ban or deny education or beach or general freedom to any wearing any kind of head gear or signs of religion

Now don't be surprised that women have jobs in Pakistan
most_advance_echallaning_system.jpg

And yes they can ride vehicles even motor bikes not only as riders but law enforcers
5469192870_3e6e76582e.jpg

Last edited:
1471743779278.cached.jpg

View attachment 328812

As Law is same for everybody I hope french will ask their nuns to get naked as well?

These pictures aren't from France to begin with. In our country,you must maintain religious neutrality,show no religious affiliation in public places. Do whatever you want in your house.
And have you ever seen nuns in french beaches ? I have never.

Who do you mean by "he" ? Sarkozy ? Yes,the guy is decided to launch crusades against religious extremism,political islam,burkini,veils,canteen lunches etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom