What's new

Why Punjabis in Pakistan Have Abandoned Punjabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite my explanations of this (I'm from Punjab btw), several pot-stirrers choose to feign ignorance.

No...I genuinely think it's ignorance, and not deliberate. They really don't understand the internal dynamics of Pakistan very well. Yes, they could use better tongues and should be more polite in their inquiries but us Indians can't be expected to behave with decorum. :(

It's YOU that has to be the bigger person and clarify their inquiries. If you really feel it's important enough...otherwise it's safe to ignore such threads.

Last edited:
Indian Punjabis. Real Punjab and punjabi is in Pakistan
Yes, that's what I asked. It's just you saying that Indian Punjabis say that. And that's why I said that we don't have an Indian Punjabi on PDF to give an accurate view of the Indian side.

But what we know is that Indian Punjab does much more in promoting Punjabi language and culture based on factual data.

There is no cut off, everything is fine and will be fine. inshaAllah.

You focus on your side and try to save your DNA from gangadeshi genes.

You worry about your own. We will worry about ourselves (BTW, I'm only 1/2 Punjabi)

We all be happy this way...

1947 Partition is the best thing that ever happened. Even without Hindu-Muslim problem, your Pakistani people would be perennially fighting with our Indian people.

It's best to go separate.

I think the drop out is simply because of unemployment issues.

Pakistan is a baniya society. It's a business community who tends to professionally work the land. Essentially the motivation for a 16yr old anywhere in Pakistan runs the materialistic course where prospects of a decent life can only be worked out through business. Institutionalised education does not make businessmen and they know it over there.

Yes that's another major factor indeed.

Seekh jayain ga English bhi sari umar pari ha. And teachers thek Hain parents most students k illiterate hain baray schools main janay walay educated families sa hotay and sarkari walay hamaray jaisay

Majority goes to local government schools. Bara schools main percentage comparatively negligible hai.

Yes, that's what I asked. It's just you saying that Indian Punjabis say that. And that's why I said that we don't have an Indian Punjabi on PDF to give an accurate view of the Indian side.

But what we know is that Indian Punjab does much more in promoting Punjabi language and culture based on factual data.

Don't run your mouth like a fool. You claim to have many Punjabi friends. Hindu, maybe, most of whom living in Pune aren't really Punjabi in the true sense. Many can't even speak the language properly, and I base that on what I observed in Mumbai. I am sure it's the same in Pune.

Just wearing a kara does not make you a Punjabi.

Most true Punjabis in Indian Punjab will share these sentiments expressed by the poster. They consider Pakistan as a source of their culture. Google it up.

Watch and learn from this thread till you're fit enough to participate. There's a lot of good things that have been discussed.

Reason behind it is Indian Punjabis are minority in India. They think their language and culture is under threat. Insecurity ki waja sa yeh sab krtay hain. But in Pakistan it is the language of close to 60 percent people. And real Punjabi is spoken in Pakistan as you go eastward Punjabi becomes very similar to Urdu and in haryana it becomes a dialect of Hindi

This is a great post. Thank you very much.

You worry about your own. We will worry about ourselves (BTW, I'm only 1/2 Punjabi)

We all be happy this way...

1947 Partition is the best thing that ever happened. Even without Hindu-Muslim problem, your Pakistani people would be perennially fighting with our Indian people.

It's best to go separate.

I agree, history says it as well, if I am not wrong we people of Indus basin are condemned in ancient gangadeshi books as villain. I heard it but can't give you reference.

I agree, history says it as well, if I am not wrong we people of Indus basin are condemned in ancient gangadeshi books as villain. I heard it but can't give you reference.

Even I'm not that great with historical stuff but I am sure that was referring to people in Iran (ancient Persia) and places. Certainly not to Indus Basin inhabitants.

But it's not important in the 21st century. So let's be realistic.

I ve never understood difference between Punjabi and Seraiki. A lot of students in my batch are from south and seraiki belt, more than the north and central. I have no trouble whatsoever understanding. I will go as far as saying what they speak in pretty close to what i speak. Sure some pronunciations are different and they say somethings differently than i would.
TBH i have had more trouble understanding people from Kotli Sattian and areas above Rawalpindi (infact i can barely understand them) than from Multan RahimYar Khan DG Khan.

Two are very similar and I agree. I can say the same for Hindko too.

Most differences are cultural too. Seraikis are Baloch and Arab origin. Multan has many Sayyids and Pir zadeh.

Hindkowan are Pukhtoon origin and border KPK region.

What is wrong? I am just expressing my opinion, East Punjabi are known for drug addiction and producing likes of honey Singh.

I don't know why but they have fetish for being loud as well which adds to their already uncivilized ways.

No being mirasi is not crime, I was just describing east Punjab.

Hindus who claim to be Punjabi in India do not even speak Punjabi, they claim to being Punjabi is based on origin and shoddy.

Atleast Sikhs speak Punjabi, even a crass and bastardized version.

Reactions: Max

We are referred to as Mleccha of Vaheka by them. The Brahmins of India are not allowed to stay in our land for more than 3 days. Even though they recognize we are Iranic, they condemned us for lack of caste system and consumption of meat in large quantities. For them it is religious impurity.

It is not Iran, but I am talking about IVC.

This thread is infuriating on many levels. I am out now from this one.

The subcontinentals will never change.

Punjabi as a language deliberately labelled as a language of uncultured/uneducated people we Punjabis became defensive, not all of us but a large majority has been consciously in an effort to get away from the label been pushing away from our roots. Giving up language/culture and even food.

I know you have some burger elites who don't like it, but vast vast majority of Punjabis speak excellent Punjabi.

Agreed with both. Private schools are the breeding grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom