What's new

Why our textbooks should include Ranjit Singh

Seneor my opologies but yes i havent read any of your books but theres ample meterial on this forum & youtube mainly by najam sethi , hassan nisar ,abdul rauf ,zais hameed to name a few

Its not like all Pakistani agree to those who babble.. BTW Najm Sethi and Hassan Nisar precisely endorse many Indian versions of history, they openly criticise wars that Pakistan and India have fought.. They cant come up with this kinda jingoism, you covered.

Within 10 days of your PDF membership you are able to glean mentality of all members... Can you please refer any post where Pakistani members have stated what your stating right now? Members not trolls!
my humble opologies if i had heart your feelings & i may be a new member but i had been visting this forum since last 3 years & just joint now & as you can see im not good with computer i cant even post youtube& links let alone any earlier post by Pakistani members again try to forgive me i hope you wont mind thanks.. now kindly can we come back to the topic of this thread thanks again

Our leaders demanded separate country first time in 1940 before this jinnah was also in congress and was just demanding independence from britain. muslims demanded their homeland because of the narrow minded hindus who didn't even agreed to give 33% seats in national assembly.

Further proof of the pan-Islamic sentiment may be traced to the evidence given by the Muslim leaders before the Hunter Commission, demanding entirely separate seating arrangements for the primary education of Hindus and Muslims and insisting that Urdu be a medium of instruction in a province like Bengal where the Muslims spoke Bengali. Unfortunately successive Congress leaders, pre and post Partition refuse to accept or understand the concept of Pan Islamism.

www.esamskriti.com/essays/docfile/13_380.doc

In the siege of Chittor when Akbar killed 30,000 civilian, unarmed residents of Chittor, because they refused to convert to Islam, this left a lasting impression on Maharana Pratap's mind and he decided he cannot bow to such an unjust and cruel human being as Akbar was..

Not this rubbish again! The idea of Akbar as being unjust & cruel sits better with the the supposed distortions of Pakistani history as both of them have a liberal heap of varnish applied suiting the prejudices of the people making up such history. I'm afraid that with this jaundiced version of history, those subscribing to such deliberate distortions should not be criticising anyone else's version of history.

Ridiculous not teaching about Bhagat Singh and Ranjit Singh. These men fought for their nation before it was ripped apart. They fought for Sindh for Punjab aswell as the rest of India. It seems this is a continuation of the identity crisis Pakistan faces many have commentated on, failing to realise that before 1947 Pakistan didn't even exist so all nationalists before then were fighting for modern day Pakistan as well as modern day India. Sad indeed.

Not this rubbish again! The idea of Akbar as being unjust & cruel sits better with the the supposed distortions of Pakistani history as both of them have a liberal heap of varnish applied suiting the prejudices of the people making up such history. I'm afraid that with this jaundiced version of history, those subscribing to such deliberate distortions should not be criticising anyone else's version of history.

Not this rubbish again???

Oh oh whats your problem ?? Do you think what he wrote is incorrect or you think he shouldn't mention unpleasant history ??

I think its the latter . The tendency to rewrite history in such a twisted manner that it conforms to communal unity has been a habit(bad) for so long that ,if someone comes up with real but uncomfortable historical facts , people can't easily tolerate it . aAnd they go on looking for stupid excuses like the one you put above.

Why are we deviating from the topic and trying to find the egg came first or the chicken?

I think the contemporary issue holds more importance,and that is the topic of discussion here.
There has been abstraction of history of non-Muslim people living in the land which is presently Pakistan.Is it because that was irrelevant,or its a part of a systematic abstraction.Is it the correct version of history what is being taught in Pakistan?

By,the 5 pages down the line,and still no Pakistani is able to answer my question,"Who are the prominent historical figures mentioned in history books of Pakistan,that took part in struggle for independence against the British?"

Cmon,you all learned people have read your history,now give me the answer to the question.

Depends on what school you attend and what their curriculum focuses on. In Universities everything is fair play. Many of you Indians don't even know that most of the Islamic invaders had hindu advisors. Or that Ranjit Singh had muslim brothers.

Can I expect a straight answer to my straight question? No beating around the bush please.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quaid-e-azam muhammad ali jinnah, Allama iqbal, maulana muhammad ali jauhar, nawab mohsin-ul-mulk, nawab waqar-ul-mulk, sir syed ahmed khan, liaquat ali khan, mohandas karamchand gandhi, jawaharlal nehru, Abul Kalam Azad and many others but i remember only these right now.

Thanks a lot...seriously!!!

Our leaders demanded separate country first time in 1940 before this jinnah was also in congress and was just demanding independence from britain. muslims demanded their homeland because of the narrow minded hindus who didn't even agreed to give 33% seats in national assembly.

So being a minority means you were expecting preferential treatment?..Why should there be any reservations for you?..every single person(irrespective of the religion) has one vote..he could have elected any one he wanted to..this is what democracy is about and not pampering the minorities.

So being a minority means you were expecting preferential treatment?..Why should there be any reservations for you?..every single person(irrespective of the religion) has one vote..he could have elected any one he wanted to..this is what democracy is about and not pampering the minorities.

We will elect anyone when anyone with neutral mind will be there, and that wasn't the case at that time, that is why we demanded our people to be given proper representation but you denied it. because you wanted to make your country for hindus only.

So what our leaders did was the best thing they can do at that time. :pakistan:

We will elect anyone when anyone with neutral mind will be there, and that wasn't the case at that time, that is why we demanded our people to be given proper representation but you denied it. because you wanted to make your country for hindus only.

Well you are quite right but what has heppened in your country in last 64 years was bound to happen thats why Mohd.Ali Jinnah in last days of his life said something quite opposite to your remarks dont mind ! :azn: :pakistan:

Pakistan should teach what it wants its their country and education system

That is but a lame excuse ..concept democracy is still unclear to you it seems.
Any one can stand in elections and not just the present leadership..if he popular..he will voted into power irrespective of his religion.

And "India wanted create a Hindu country" ..that pure BS..if we wanted Hindu country we would have had Hindu country..and we did not even after you decided to separate and create a Islamic country ..show we are much better and much less communal than you guys.

Consequences of what you leaders did at that time, lead to deaths of five million people, left ten million homeless ...on top of it left with you are perpetual enemy many times bigger and stronger than you.

Back
Top Bottom