What's new

Why our textbooks should include Ranjit Singh

I can explain this to you in a simple way. Most Pakistanis and Indians fed off Nationalistic dogma after the atrocities that both parties suffered from the partition. It's been going on for 64 years until now.
but indians atleast are sincearlly trying to bring peace but pakistanies instead try to find one or other issues to go to war because most of them are fed that indians are children of their servants & muslims ruled them for 1000 years + one of the key reasones for two nation theory was to protect jageers & jameedarees not necsesarilly upliftment of muslims in the sub continent

i dont know how akbar is shown inyour history books ?? wether bad or good. bu am sure he is mentioned there..and i know why..i told you why..cause he is a muslim leader.

on your point that some like akhbar and some not..then I think thats great..thats what i am talking about..let the readers decide themselves, who was bad and who was goood by reading about evrything and everyone from the past..the ntire story....why enforce them to read what you want them to read...by just mentioning about indianmuslim rulers and not hindu kings and rulers who were more historical than even the mughals....you read about the fist history of the land i.e harappan civilisation and then you skip the hindu kings like ashoka and mauryas and then jump to the mughal rulers..why skip those periods where the rulers were Hindus ??

I agree it was politics..but what was the politics about in that time buddy ?? in your country the politics was based on religion while the books were published...the very base of the creatin of Pakistan is religion...thats why you refused to share Indian land, indian name and ofcourse Indian history ..isnt it ?? and thatsmy point.

Some mughal rulers like ahmed shah rangeela, akbar and shah jahan are disgraced in our history books, because of deferent reasons. ahmed shah rangeela and shah jahan are taunted as womanizers and akbar as internal enemy of islam.

This shows we do not blindly support those who are muslims.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

one of the key reasones for two nation theory was to protect jageers & jameedarees not necsesarilly upliftment of muslims in the sub continent

indian history text books rokx!!! :yahoo:

but indians atleast are sincearlly trying to bring peace but pakistanies instead try to find one or other issues to go to war because most of them are fed that indians are children of their servants & muslims ruled them for 1000 years + one of the key reasones for two nation theory was to protect jageers & jameedarees not necsesarilly upliftment of muslims in the sub continent

The hate between Indians and Pakistanis has more to due with current politics than being taught that we are superior than anyone. Issues such as Kashmir and threats across the border designates hostile attitudes.

Also, Muslims were persecuted for ruling over Hindu populations when the Britsh were leaving. There was a feeling of resentment and it was necessary for Pakistan to be created.

Why are we deviating from the topic and trying to find the egg came first or the chicken?

I think the contemporary issue holds more importance,and that is the topic of discussion here.
There has been abstraction of history of non-Muslim people living in the land which is presently Pakistan.Is it because that was irrelevant,or its a part of a systematic abstraction.Is it the correct version of history what is being taught in Pakistan?

By,the 5 pages down the line,and still no Pakistani is able to answer my question,"Who are the prominent historical figures mentioned in history books of Pakistan,that took part in struggle for independence against the British?"

Cmon,you all learned people have read your history,now give me the answer to the question.

I wonder you still need to ask this question, considering that you guys spend whole of your lives on various Pakistani Internet forums. Look, there are really very few who fought the British for independence and Badshah Khan was one of them but he is also one of the most hated persons in the lands of Ranjit Singh and that terrorist of Azizabad. Pashtuns were the only people who fought and shed their blood to gain freedom from the British colonialists but this is not considered worth mentioning in the mythical Pakistan Studies, but we are taught how many times in a day Sir Syed used to comb his beard or Tipu changed his dhoti.

Some mughal rulers like ahmed shah rangeela, akbar and shah jahan are disgraced in our history books, because of deferent reasons. ahmed shah rangeela and shah jahan are taunted as womanizers and akbar as internal enemy of islam.

This shows we do not blindly support those who are muslims.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

indian history text books rokx!!! :yahoo:
Really & what about the other part SENEOR SIR

I wonder you still need to ask this question, considering that you guys spend whole of your lives on various Pakistani Internet forums. Look, there are really very few who fought the British for independence and Badshah Khan was one of them but he is also one of the most hated persons in the lands of Ranjit Singh and that terrorist of Azizabad. Pashtuns were the only people who fought and shed their blood to gain freedom from the British colonialists but this is not considered worth mentioning in the mythical Pakistan Studies, but we are taught how many times in a day Sir Syed used to comb his beard or Tipu changed his dhoti.

A lot of Balochis have fought under the British as well. Especially in Africa, China and the Middle East.. I was never really into history until I picked up my brother's textbook. :lol:

The hate between Indians and Pakistanis has more to due with current politics than being taught that we are superior than anyone. Issues such as Kashmir and threats across the border designates hostile attitudes.

Also, Muslims were persecuted for ruling over Hindu populations when the Britsh were leaving. There was a feeling of resentment and it was necessary for Pakistan to be created.
do you really know first killings were started by muslims in karachi & first trains (with corpses of hindus) came from lahore which ignited roits the same way ghodra carnage(where peaceful & unarmed kar sevaks were burnt alive by muslims) ignited gujrat roits get your facts right SENEOR SIR

do you really know first killings were started by muslims in karachi & first trains (with corpses of hindus) came from lahore which ignited roits the same way ghodra carnage(where peaceful & unarmed kar sevaks were burnt alive by muslims) ignited gujrat roits get your facts right SENEOR SIR

It was a cycle of violence. I don't think it's relevant who started it.

It was a cycle of violence I don't think it's relevant who started it.
it is relevent because in any argument when you dont find things going your(pakistani point of view) you bring these issues you know most of almost 36 memmbers of my grand dads family were butchered by muslims in lahore and the mole was a muslim sevrent of the family so much so for cycle of violence.

it is relevent because in any argument when you dont find things going your(pakistani point of view) you bring these issues you know most of almost 36 memmbers of my grand dads family were butchered by muslims in lahore and the mole was a muslim sevrent of the family so much so for cycle of violence.

My family was butchered on the trains when they were coming from Jalandar. It was a cycle, and I'm sure it started with hindu resentment of Muslims.

@Gurudutt: do u actually believe that any Pakistani ever will accept that Muslims were the first ones who started the riots, and who killed innocent Hindu ladies and children... two reasons: firstly, there can never be any official proof of that whatever one says.. that whole period is so hazy and confused, that no one knows whats true and whats not.... (and yes, I myself beg to disagree with ur statement for the same reason, no one knows what happened first...)

secondly, even when proof of things are there "in-your-face", i find that our pakistani friends manage to find conspiracy theories.. So I would suggest that u be to the point and have a positive arguement... statements such as the one u made will only result in a greater troll-war...

Back
Top Bottom