What's new

Why our textbooks should include Ranjit Singh

You're basing your knowledge after the Aryan Invasion. The fact that they invaded parts of India, and there were many that were independent indicate that "India" was not unified.

Btw, I'm a student in a University here. My entire education is from Pakistan.

lol...again the same aryan invasion theory...there was no race called as aryan...aryan means noble people and arya means noble...nothing less nothing more....there was no aryan invasion whatsoever..

Our text books include many events of british era and the fight for independence from them.

Can you elaborate a little bit,a brief summary.The entire topic is of course too huge.
A direct question will help perhaps.
Who are the prominent historical figures mentioned in your history text book that took part in struggle for independence?

Anyways we are going off-topic. Here is a map that illustrates the sub-continent and how there were kingdoms, and that India as a whole was never united under one flag. Thus no India.

Indo-Greeks_100bc.jpg

lol...again the same aryan invasion theory...there was no race called as aryan...aryan means noble people and arya means noble...nothing less nothing more....there was no aryan invasion whatsoever..

RazPaK is talking about those european invaders (aryans) who defeated dravidians and captured their land.

Why are we deviating from the topic and trying to find the egg came first or the chicken?

I think the contemporary issue holds more importance,and that is the topic of discussion here.
There has been abstraction of history of non-Muslim people living in the land which is presently Pakistan.Is it because that was irrelevant,or its a part of a systematic abstraction.Is it the correct version of history what is being taught in Pakistan?

By,the 5 pages down the line,and still no Pakistani is able to answer my question,"Who are the prominent historical figures mentioned in history books of Pakistan,that took part in struggle for independence against the British?"

Cmon,you all learned people have read your history,now give me the answer to the question.

By,the 5 pages down the line,and still no Pakistani is able to answer my question,"Who are the prominent historical figures mentioned in history books of Pakistan,that took part in struggle for independence against the British?"

Yar thori deer intezar ker lo abhi khana kha raha hon thori deer mein batata hon. :D

Why are we deviating from the topic and trying to find the egg came first or the chicken?

I think the contemporary issue holds more importance,and that is the topic of discussion here.
There has been abstraction of history of non-Muslim people living in the land which is presently Pakistan.Is it because that was irrelevant,or its a part of a systematic abstraction.Is it the correct version of history what is being taught in Pakistan?

Cmon,you all learned people have read your history,now give me the answer to the question.

Depends on what school you attend and what their curriculum focuses on. In Universities everything is fair play. Many of you Indians don't even know that most of the Islamic invaders had hindu advisors. Or that Ranjit Singh had muslim brothers.

The mental capacity of pakistanis is astonishing. Clearly this is the sole reason why this article was written by one of those well educated pakistanis most likely living abroad and learning unbiased information.

I like the way pakistan is headed ;)

Its quite simple if you like......

lets say you want your readers know the ENTIRE historical fact and tales..and let the readers decide who was the hero and who was the evil.....in India as far as i know..we dont make any king or emperor hero , just because he was Hindu or Mulsim (infact we dont care about that fact,and only see them as Indian kings)...the entire story is depicted and its easy to judge for the students/readers who was who and how was he chractered.... whereas in pakistan, the history books are made to serve the ourpose of islam(and that where most of the readers miss the entire story)...a hindu king is either not mentioned, or is never shown in a good colours inspite of the fact that they were the son of the soil..where as the invaders who came from other places were shown as hero because they were muslims....the best would have been to just tell them the entire hostorical facts and let the Pakistan students decide themselves, whom they should consider their hero...they have just learnt the edited historical facts.

now seneor what do you expect from them im waiting for personal insults & india toilets

RazPaK is talking about those european invaders (aryans) who defeated dravidians and captured their land.

There was No aryan invasion. Aryan isn't a race ,but a linguistic term which mean" Noble " in sanskrit.

Dravidian is a linguistic term used for south indian group of languages.

Modern research in History has discard the theory of Aryan invasion . Its not part of college level history anymore .I think they should do similar changes in Pakistani text books.

Back
Top Bottom