What's new

Why our textbooks should include Ranjit Singh

Did Ashoka peacefully spread buddhism?
yes he did have you ever read about battle of kalinga & its effect on ashoka & history of buddhism for this you can take help of Wikepedia & any srilankan freind

Yes he did... After kalinga war he shunned the violence and adopted Buddhism and later spread it to other parts of the world.

That was after.

The point I'm making is that conquerors never were a symbol for religion. They were people that had their own agendas. You can't say that a Ghaznavid represented ISLAM, or Porus represented HINDUISM in their military gains.

That was after.

The point I'm making is that conquerors never were a symbol for religion. They were people that had their own agendas. You can't say that a Ghaznavid represented ISLAM, or Porus represented HINDUISM in their military gains.
because owr system keeps history & religion sepprate & we as general dont judge history or anybody through a prism of religion.secondly your question was Did Ashoka peacefully spread buddhism? and i said yes he read about battle of kalinga & its effect on ashoka & history of buddhism for this you can take help of Wikepedia & any srilankan freind

That was after.

That is what the article says.. stop considering this invaders as muslims heroes.

It seems that our Indian Counter parts are just hooting shame shame on Pakistan, Y not u tell us whts written in ur books about muslim rulers. We respect bhagat singh he faught against tyranny of brit empire.

I think more than anything India & Pakistan should introduce the reasons for partition in their school curriculum...not the revised one but from a neutral source. If Pakistanis and Indians better understand partition a lot of hate that emits out because of the subject being taught by Zaid Hamid types can be minimized...but again this will cause many holier than thou figures of Indian & Pakistani history to tumble down and bite the dust.

That is what the article says.. stop considering this invaders as muslims heroes.

What I am trying to tell you is that nobody does that. Indians are making a big deal out of nothing, thus I'm pointing out this is completely untrue.

The way Pakistanis idolize Arab invader M.Bin Kasim and mock at the native Sindhi king Raja Dahir who was defending his land from foreign invasion is absolutely disgusting .

The sense behind naming Pakistani missiles on foreign invaders like Ghori,Timur,Abdali etc is so ironical that's its perfectly Pakistani.

The way Pakistanis idolize Arab invader M.Bin Kasim and mock at the native Sindhi king Raja Dahir who was defending his land from foreign invasion is absolutely disgusting .

The sense behind naming Pakistani missiles on foreign invaders like Ghori,Timur,Abdali etc is so ironical that's its perfectly Pakistani.

Another Indian that speaks for all Pakistanis. How ignorant are you people going to be?

What I am trying to tell you is that nobody does that. Indians are making a big deal out of nothing, thus I'm pointing out this is completely untrue.

Blame the author, who is in fact a pakistani "making a big deal out of nothing"

Yes he did... After kalinga war he shunned the violence and adopted Buddhism and later spread it to other parts of the world.

not true....he murdered 18,000 jainis in just one day just because one jain painter painted budha bowing down to mahavira...asoka was giving gold coins to everyone who would bring him dead jainis...

do you want to say that article is a pile of lies ?

If you could see lectures within Pakistani universities, you might feel that yes. What the article presents does not reflect Pakistanis accurately.

Back
Top Bottom