What's new

Why Hindi-Urdu is One Language and Arabic is Several

They aren't foreign words my friend. You said so yourself before that Khari Boli is not Hindi. Hindi today is basically Urdu, although it wasn't called by that name. The Indian government post 1947 felt insecure about Urdu, and decided to deteriorate it by forming a 'purer', Shudh Hindi that no one spoke before 1947, & which is not Khari Boli.

You are going in circles. This has been discussed many times already.

Hindi which is spoken today in india is very far from being shudh and more far from having similarities with urdu..
when i watch pakistani news videos on youtube i cant even understand single urdu word of it...and none of it is used in day to day hindi..

Because Shudh Hindi is an artificial creation which was created for the sole purpose of bringing down the status of Urdu & the history of the Muslims. And they have succeeded. Urdu, which is an older language than (Shudh) Hindi, is now regarded as a Madrassah, extremist, Muslim language which is quickly dissolving from India. As I said, Hindustani is another name for Urdu. Why else would the post 1947 Indian government try to 'cleanse out' the language, & form a new artificial language & enforce it on everyone?

A distorted communal way of looking at the issue.

Sanskrit is the oldest language. We have not gone to that, did we?

You are unnecessarily mixing religion with the issue. The language is the language of North India, of all peoples of the region.

You may consider it unnatural and we give a damn. The decision is for Indians to take.

Just get over it.

Hindi which is spoken today in india is very far from being shudh and more far from having similarities with urdu..
when i watch pakistani news videos on youtube i cant even understand single urdu word of it...and none of it is used in day to day hindi..

That is because that Urdu is very similar to the high class Urdu poetry written by the likes of Ghalib, Bahadur Shah Zafar, Iqbal etc; which you can't understand either, even though they are considered "Hindi" poets. There is a difference between high class & regular Urdu, which is the same for English as well. But there is no such thing as Shudh Hindi, it is an artificial creation. High class & regular Urdu (Hindustani) have always existed since the Muslim advent in the Indian subcontinent. Even Hindustani as you call it or regular Urdu as I say has its fair share of Arabic/Persian derived terms in it, not as much as high class Urdu, but still significant enough. That is why it is completely false to say that Hindustani/Hindi/Urdu is identical to Khari Boli, as the latter was before the Muslim advent in the Indian subcontinent. Peace.

A distorted communal way of looking at the issue.

Sanskrit is the oldest language. We have not gone to that, did we?

You are unnecessarily mixing religion with the issue. The language is the language of North India, of all peoples of the region.

You may consider it unnatural and we give a damn. The decision is for Indians to take.

Just get over it.

You should have gone to that (Sanskrit)!!!! At least Urdu would have maintained its rightful status. But by incorporating Shudh Hindi, you have made Urdu a ghetto, Madrassah language. You already have vande mataram enforced in Indian schools, so I won't go into further detail about the role of religion in India, as that is not the topic we are discussing. We are discussing Hindi & Urdu here.

But there is no such thing as Shudh Hindi, it is an artificial creation. High class & regular Urdu have always existed since the Muslim advent in the Indian subcontinent.

There is. Some examples:

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have gone to that (Sanskrit)!!!! At least Urdu would have maintained its rightful status. But by incorporating Shudh Hindi, you have made Urdu a ghetto, Madrassah language. You already have vande mataram enforced in Indian schools, so I won't go into further detail about the role of religion in India, as that is not the topic we are discussing. We are discussing Hindi & Urdu here.

As I said, you know very little about India and most of it is false. There is no vande matram in Indian schools.

You have failed big time in trying to force your views on India!

As I said you have nothing to do with India.

There is. Some examples:

I saw the first two videos. Are you sure this is Shudh Hindi? Besides the odd heavy Sanskrit word, it is all very standard Hindustani/Urdu. And btw, what I meant was that there was no such thing as Shudh Hindi before 1947, before it was artificially manufactured by India. Now/today, Shudh Hindi exists obviously, but it is an artificial creation by the Indian government enforced upon different states, whereas Urdu underwent a natural & organic development over centuries all the way from the 12th century.

As I said, you know very little about India and most of it is false. There is no vande matram in Indian schools.

You have failed big time in trying to force your views on India!

As I said you have nothing to do with India.

No one is forcing you to do anything, the facts speak for themselves.

Vande mataram in Indian schools, & its controversy:

At this Gujarat school, Muslim students sing Vande Mataram daily

Maa Tujhe Salaam: Vande Matram Controversy to the fore again | Peace Times

COMMUNALISATION OF 'VANDE MATARAM'- An Avoidable Controversy

The Vande Mataram Controversy

How secular is Vande Mataram?

Vande Mataram Controversy

Keep living in denial my friend, that's all I can say to you.

Rather than going by some sensationalist headlines, you should know the truth. I am in India and I know that hardly any school has this song.

Even if we do, you and Pakistan have nothing to do.

You went your separate way. You are no longer Indian.

You have no say!

I saw the first two videos. Are you sure this is Shudh Hindi? Besides the odd heavy Sanskrit word, it is all very standard Hindustani/Urdu. And btw, what I meant was that there was no such thing as Shudh Hindi before 1947, before it was artificially manufactured by India. Now/today, Shudh Hindi exists obviously, but it is an artificial creation by the Indian government enforced upon different states, whereas Urdu underwent a natural & organic development over centuries all the way from the 12th century.

You are thoroughly confused about what Shudh Hindi is!

It would be the same as standard Hindustani/Urdu for the most part because Urdu is nothing but an Indian language with some foreign words!

When those words are taken out, what remains is still an Indian language very similar to the original language.

Rather than going by some sensationalist headlines, you should know the truth. I am in India and I know that hardly any school has this song.

Even if we do, you and Pakistan have nothing to do.

You went your separate way. You are no longer Indian.

You have no say!

I have given you all Indian links, none of them is from Pakistan. Live in denial, that's all I can say to you. You can't possibly expect to know every other 1.2 billion Indian, would you? You possibly can't know what's going on in each and every city of India, right? I still have my family in India, in Bihar & UP, some in Delhi; my mother hadn't even visited Pakistan before she got married to my Dad, & had to surrender her Indian citizenship to live with my Dad in Pakistan. My dad was born in Ranchi, & his family moved to Pakistan when my dad was 3. I still have some of my Dad's side, & almost all my mother's side in India. I have even visited Patna, Ranchi, Khujwa and Lucknow once, I've been to India twice in my life. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I have given you all Indian links, none of them is from Pakistan. Live in denial, that's all I can say to you. You can't possibly expect to know every other 1.2 billion Indian, would you? You possibly can't know what's going on in each and every city of India, right? I still have my family in India, in Bihar & UP, some in Delhi; my mother hadn't even visited Pakistan before she got married to my Dad, & had to surrender her Indian citizenship to live with my Dad in Pakistan. My dad was born in Ranchi, & his family moved to Pakistan when my dad was 3. I still have some of my Dad's side, & almost all my mother's side in India. I have even visited Patna, Ranchi, Khujwa and Lucknow once, I've been to India twice in my life. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

You still don't decide what we do in India. You are a Paksitani.

I respect your partly Indian roots. That doesn't change your nationality and the fact that you enjoy the misery of people where your mother comes from.

I have no respect for that mentality!

You are thoroughly confused about what Shudh Hindi is!

It would be the same as standard Hindustani/Urdu for the most part because Urdu is nothing but an Indian language with some foreign words!

When those words are taken out, what remains is still an Indian language very similar to the original language.

Shudh Hindi is what Atal Vajpayee speaks in. The links you sent do not speak the same language. This is Shudh Hindi, & I don't understand most of it because it is an artificial, manufactured language. Most Indians don't understand this either:

It's not mandatory to sing Bande Matarom for Indians, it's not even mandatory to sing Jana Gana Mana for Indians.

Back
Top Bottom