What's new

Why Hindi-Urdu is One Language and Arabic is Several

And neither do you in my case.

I never did. ;)

Tell me specific stories, of specific locations and timelines of people prior to 1947 that you personally know, I'm pretty sure you know nothing about it. You will just be sprouting mindless propaganda that you listen to Indian TV.

I don't see the need.No point in revisiting the pain.

You can't demand respect when you break away the Eastern half of Pakistan from it. You can't expect respect by forcefully occupying Kashmir/disputed territory, & killing & raping every civilian with your 700,000 troops stationed there. You cannot demand respect when you aid the BLA/BLF in Balochistan from Afghanistan, or aiding terrorists in Pakistan's FATA region that cause havoc all over Pakistan. Respect is earned my friend, not demanded. Let's not discuss this topic because the topic is being diverted. You clearly don't have any response to the deliberate degradation of Urdu by the Indian government in terms of 'Shudh Hindi.'

But you started it!

Remember, I still have respect for India, its huge diversity & its rich history. I just don't have any respect for jingoistic Indians that don't show respect for Pakistan, which was an important part of the Indian subcontinent too.

Short term memory loss! ;)

I never did. ;)

You said I didn't have a right to comment on Indians, or issues pertaining to India, as I am not an Indian. Stop contradicting yourself.

I don't see the need.No point in revisiting the pain.

How would you revisit the pain, when you didn't personally experience the pain in anyway?

But you started it!

You were the one that started talking about respect, & I answered you, that's all.

Short term memory loss! ;)

I don't see what you are trying to imply here? Did I say anything wrong? I respect India as a nation, & I respect Indians that respect Pakistan, not jingoistic ones. Am I clear enough for you now?

You said I didn't have a right to comment on Indians, or issues pertaining to India, as I am not an Indian. Stop contradicting yourself.

Separate issues. You can join any forum and comment on any Indian issues that effect Pakistan. That would mean our policies that effect you, not our domestic issues and our language!

How would you revisit the pain, when you didn't personally experience the pain in anyway?

Enough on this.

Separate issues. You can join any forum and comment on any Indian issues that effect Pakistan. That would mean our policies that effect you, not our domestic issues and our language!

Didn't you just say you never told me what issues I could or couldn't comment on? Now, you're contradicting yourself again. But don't worry, it's fun watching you spin in a circle.

Didn't you just say you never told me what issues I could or couldn't comment on? Now, you're contradicting yourself again. But don't worry, it's fun watching you spin in a circle.

Man, you have problem comprehending simple stuff.

Any Indian issues that effect Pakistan as a country are fair game for you to comment.

Domestic Indian issues like Indian language policy, the condition of any Indian communities has nothing to do with you guys.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

You guys need to give it a rest now! :/

Agree! ;)

So jao bhai.

Any Indian issues that effect Pakistan as a country are fair game for you to comment.

Domestic Indian issues like Indian language policy, the condition of any Indian communities has nothing to do with you guys.

Who says so? You guys do that all the time with respect to Pakistan. You just don't want Pakistanis to return the favor to the Indians.

You do that and you are royally ignored. ;)

You haven't ignored me on the last 20 odd pages, have you? :azn:

I will talk about whatever I feel like, & if you don't like it, you can leave the forum. Goodbye.

Then why did it want to cleanse the Hindustani (aka Urdu), & form a new artificial language such as Shudh Hindi or Hindi in 1947?

What actually happened in 1947 was that the language of the ordinary people was given official status. It was only the elites like Ghalib who used a large number of foreign words - the common people were much more comfortable with native Sanskrit/Prakrit origin words.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

English has been derived from Latin. If you don't even know this, then I doubt your knowledge on Latin & English.

Good to know of your Claimed Superior Knowledge about English.

Please refer to the following :

History of the English language

Have a Nice Day!

Good to know of your Claimed Superior Knowledge about English.

Please refer to the following :

History of the English language

Have a Nice Day!

Sixty percent of the English language comes from Latin.

the reason why 50-60% of English words is derived from Latin is because of Cognates - that is words that have a common etymological origin.

For example, the word "night" (English): nuit (French), Nacht (German), nacht (Dutch), nicht (Scots), natt (Swedish, Norwegian), nat (Danish), nátt (Faroese), nótt (Icelandic), noc (Czech, Slovak, Polish)

English Vocabulary Derived from Latin - Page 1

What actually happened in 1947 was that the language of the ordinary people was given official status. It was only the elites like Ghalib who used a large number of foreign words - the common people were much more comfortable with native Sanskrit/Prakrit origin words.

Yet, you manufactured your elite Shudh Hindi in 1947, that no one prior to 1947 spoke in the Indian subcontinent; by removing the words of Arabic/Persian origin and concocting a fake language. Save the crap man. At least people like Ghalib & many others (even though they spoke the elite form of it) like him spoke a real language Urdu that took centuries to develop through natural means of assimilation, whereas the Shudh Hindi is not even a language, but an fake, artificial creation that was enforced by the Indian government post 1947. You are again forgetting that Urdu has a lot of Sanskrit/Prakrit origin words.

Back
Top Bottom