What's new

Why Hindi-Urdu is One Language and Arabic is Several

I won't mind that as long as you don't presume to tell me what I am speaking and how I should be speaking it and what I should call it.

It is only natural that geographically and politically separated languages should evolve separately over time.

I didn't say this in a Hindi-Urdu thread:

You did say this "in a Hindi-Urdu thread"!

But you clearly think Hinduism is better than Islam, & better than all the other religions practiced in India today because it is the oldest one out of them all, & the religion which the original people of the land practiced. So much for secular India!!! Most Indians are like you: closet RSS, VHP supporters that hide themselves behind the cover of your 'beautiful secular nature' that you just exposed here.

It is only natural that geographically and politically separated languages should evolve separately over time.

Yes, but we are not telling you how to speak whatever you are speaking in Pakistan.

OTOH, even Afghan tribals from Pakistan are presuming to tell us how we should speak Hindi!

Even if I agree with you that some Lahoris have been speaking Urdu for some time (not their native language at any time), it doesn't mean that every Pakistani will start pontificating about it to Indians!

You did say this "in a Hindi-Urdu thread"!

I suggest you read the previous post of yours for which I replied (that you just copied & pasted), & you'll see what I mean, the way you talked about Islam & Muslims. I won't be backtracking & copying everything you said here, that would just be childish.

Yes, but we are not telling you how to speak whatever you are speaking in Pakistan.

OTOH, even Afghan tribals from Pakistan are presuming to tell us how we should speak Hindi!

Even if I agree to you that some Lahoris have been speaking Urdu for some time (not their native language at any time), it doesn't mean that every Pakistani will start pontificating about it to Indians!

According to your logic my friend, I am as Indian as you are. So I have every right to give my opinion about Urdu and India, especially as it is the language of both India and Pakistan.

I suggest you read your own post before this reply that I posted, & you'll see what I mean, the way you talked about Islam. I won't be backtracking & copying everything you said here, that would just be childish.

Anyway, good night. Get some sleep.

Bhahiji ko gussa aa raha hoga. ;)

According to your logic my friend, I am as Indian as you are. So I have every right to give my opinion about Urdu, especially as it is the language of both India and Pakistan.

No, you are no Indian.

After partition, whoever chose to be a Pakistani ceased to have any claims to being Indian.

Read Post # 239, you shall find the answer to your question.
Original Post By bilalhaider
I did. and i found it very confusing going through the previous posts u made.
Please be precise.
are u trying to prove urdu is older than hindi ? :hitwall:

Can we agree that the Urdu/Hindwi/whatever of Ghalib has now evolved into three forms: Hindi, Pakistani Urdu, and Indian Urdu?

To complicate matters, each of those languages has a vernacular form and a literary form. The literary form of Pakistani/Indian Urdu is presumably the same, and literary Hindi is different from that due to replacement of some Arabic/Persian words by Sanskrit words.

I don't agree with this, & I have given more than ample proof over the past 19 pages to support my claims. You can read what I have to say in great detail. Yet, some people are not happy, but they can't refute my claims by providing any kind of evidence, so they make this thread about Muslims & Hindus, Pakistanis and Indians; instead of Urdu & Hindi. I am sick & tired of people diverting the thread, and asking me the same questions over and over again, all of which I've answered.

I don't agree with this, & I have given more than ample proof over the past 19 pages to support my claims. You can read what I have to say in great detail. Yet, some people are not happy, but they can't refute my claims by providing any kind of evidence, so they make this thread about Muslims & Hindus, Pakistanis and Indians; instead of Urdu & Hindi. I am sick & tired of people diverting the thread, and asking me the same questions over and over again, all of which I've answered.

buddy im asking this again to you.
what is your point ?

what are u trying to prove here ?
are u trying to prove that urdu is older than hindi ?
please reply. its getting confusing.

Explain to me the meaning of some of Ghalib's poetry here:

“Shabaan-e- hijraan daraaz chun zulf o roz –e–vaslat, chun umar kohtaah
Sakhi, piya ko jo main na dekhoon, to kaise katoon andheri ratiyan’

“Z-e-hal-e miskin makun taghaaful, varaaye naina banaaye batiyaan
Ke taab-e- hijraan n’daaram e jaan, na leho kaahe lagaaye chatiyaan?”

Are you telling me this is similar to pure colloquial Hindi today?

I bet the average Pakistani will not be able to explain the meaining either. You know why? Because it is written in Persian and Brij !

This Amir Khsrau writing in Hindvi

Khusro dariya prem ka, ulti va ki dhar,
Jo utra so dub gaya, jo duba so par.

Now tell me where in Persian you have words like Prem, Dhar, Utra, Duba? And an average Indian or Pakistani will be easily translate this but no Persian would know what is written here.

I don't know what you are trying to do, but atleast be honest

I bet the average Pakistani will not be able to explain the meaining either. You know why? Because it is written in Persian and Brij !

This Amir Khsrau writing in Hindvi

Khusro dariya prem ka, ulti va ki dhar,
Jo utra so dub gaya, jo duba so par.

Now tell me where in Persian you have words like Prem, Dhar, Utra, Duba? And an average Indian or Pakistani will be easily translate this but no Persian would know what is written here.

I don't know what you are trying to do, but atleast be honest

Pakistan's national anthem is written in Persian, yet people know what it means. Don't doubt the whole Pakistani nation my friend, just because there are some young people who go to private schools and are influenced by Bollywood doesn't mean most Pakistanis don't understand Urdu poetry. Almost all Pakistanis before grade 9 study Urdu poetry in great detail, & even in high school, Urdu poetry is a mandatory subject. Pakistani people also understand Urdu poetry than Indian people who speak Hindi do, I can assure you of that my friend.

Watch this video of me speaking regular Urdu, nothing advanced at all, & you will know what I mean. And btw, I have not lived in Pakistan in the last 13 years (9 years in the US, 4 in Nigeria), and I'm 23. Listen to people who go to government schools in Pakistan, as compared to the confused kids that go to private schools, and can speak English better than their mother tongues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom