What's new

Why Hindi-Urdu is One Language and Arabic is Several

Spare us your standard soapbox rant to set up strawmen arguments.

By your logic, I should take core RSS propaganda to define all of India.

The fact is that, despite usurping the name, modern India does not have exclusvie rights to subcontinental culture and history.

Deal with it!

I agree with the highlighted part.

And I am glad that you are belatedly recognizing that perhaps it was nt Jahiliyah before those uncivilized barbarians invaded here.

Better late than never.

There is. If only you knew where to look.

The invaders were like a drop in the ocean. The vast majority are local converts.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

It is not about Indian Muslims but those who divided the country in the name of religion.

But you clearly think Hinduism is better than Islam, & better than all the other religions practiced in India today because it is the oldest one out of them all, & the religion which the original people of the land practiced. So much for secular India!!! Most Indians are like you: closet RSS, VHP supporters that hide themselves behind the cover of your 'beautiful secular nature' that you just exposed here.

I agree with the highlighted part.

Good.

Then we agree that Urdu is not owned by India; it belongs to both our countries.

But you clearly think Hinduism is better than Islam, & better than all the other religions practiced in India today because it is the oldest one out of them all, & the religion which the original people of the land practiced. So much for secular India!!! Most Indians are like you: closet RSS, VHP supporters that hide themselves behind the cover of your 'beautiful secular nature' that you just exposed here.

Let's not go off-topic, please.

Of course they did man, why are you denying hard facts?

Show me what facts you have.

You don't sit and "create" a language! The language was already there and it was not spoken in any place those invaders came from.

They just mixed some words. That doesn't matter much. The whole structure, grammar, verbs and the largest part of vocabulary was from the local language and it remained in essence a local language at all times.

Is there anything contradictory in that ? Because as Hindus we never believe in the concept of "infidels" or "unbelievers". For us Hinduism is just another way to reach god, not the "only" way as propounded in some religions. So Hinduism is inherently secular in nature.

What impartial, statistical evidence do you have to support this claim?

You made the claim. You show me how many of them are Arabs!

BTW, check within Pakistan, most people in all provinces are not invaders.

In India, most of them are converts from backward communities.

Show me what facts you have.

You don't sit and "create" a language! The language was already there and it was not spoken in any place those invaders came from.

They just mixed some words. That doesn't matter much. The whole structure, grammar, verbs and the largest part of vocabulary was from the local language and it remained in essence a local language at all times.

I have repeated myself to death, and I won't be repeating myself again. I've given you countless examples over these past 19 pages about this topic. If you want to find out the answers to your questions, I've already answered all of them. Read my previous posts, I am sick and tired of answering the same questions you repeat over and over again.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Is there anything contradictory in that ? Because as Hindus we never believe in the concept of "infidels" or "unbelievers". For us Hinduism is just another way to reach god, not the "only" way as propounded in some religions. So Hinduism is inherently secular in nature.

Hinduism is not inherently secular in nature. I can talk about that in great detail, but that is not the issue at hand here.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

You made the claim. You show me how many of them are Arabs!

BTW, check within Pakistan, most people in all provinces are not invaders.

In India, most of them are converts from backward communities.

I don't think either you or I could prove any evidence to prove each other wrong, because such information does not exist. You are clearly speculating and have no basis for supporting your claims.

No. To me, any and all religions can lead you to God (if there is one) and salvation.

You need to be a good human being. It is not necessary to pray to him in a certain way or even pray at all.

No. To me, any and all religions can lead you to God (if there is one) and salvation.

You need to be a good human being. It is not necessary to pray to him in a certain way or even pray at all.

Goodnight, you have clearly diverted the topic being discussed.

Good.

Then we agree that Urdu is not owned by India; it belongs to both our countries.

Hindi/Urdu/Hindustani is a North Indian language. I have no issues in Pakistanis speaking it.

I find it funny when they presume to tell us how to speak our own languages and which one we are speaking and what we should call it.

It is not the language of any province that makes Pakistan. You made it a national language as both our countries use English as an official language.

It could as well have been Arabic/Farasi/Punjabi/Bengali that was your national language!

Hindi/Urdu/Hindustani is a North Indian language. I have no issues in Pakistanis speaking it.

A significant part of Urdu's history is in Lahore. It is as much a part of our history as yours.

It is not your language, it is both ours.

Good night. It was you who did that. ;)

I didn't say this in a Hindi-Urdu thread:

A significant part of Urdu's history is in Lahore. It is as much a part of our history as yours.

It is not your language, it is both ours.

I won't mind that as long as you don't presume to tell me what I am speaking and how I should be speaking it and what I should call it.

Back
Top Bottom