What's new

Why Hindi-Urdu is One Language and Arabic is Several

The poets you are quoting are from the 16th century. The earliest Urdu poets like Amir Khusro are found in the 13th century, more than 300 years before Goswami Tulsidas.

So?

You do not understand what I'm saying. There was no such language such as Hindi/Hindustani in India, it was Urdu. Why did the Indian government feel the need to purify their 'Hindi/Hindustani' by removing Arabic/Persian derived words from the language, & creating an artificial language known as Shudh Hindi in 1947, especially when no one talked like that prior to 1947? High class Urdu can be found from the 13th century onwards, used in courts, poems and all kinds of other literary works.

You are stuck on labels.

It remains our choice to get rid of some influences from our language if we feel the need.

What is so natural about those invaders mixing their languages with a local one?

Their whole presence in India was unnatural.

You have clearly shown your bias & insecurity towards all Indian Muslims with this post of yours. You clearly think you are more 'Indian' than them. You are clearly a racist, and in need of immediate help. You won't be getting that from your RSS or VHP. And btw, the answer to your question lies in Post # 239.

You have clearly shown your bias & insecurity towards all Indian Muslims. You are clearly a racist, and in need of immediate help. You won't be getting that from your RSS or VHP. And btw, your answer lies in Post # 239.

Bilal, I followed you through all the previous pages, and seriously im not able to get the point ure trying to make here.

Can u please be precise and tell us what exactly ure trying to prove here ?

Bilal, I followed you through all the previous pages, and seriously im not able to get the point ure trying to make here.

Can u please be precise and tell us what exactly ure trying to prove here ?

Read Post # 239, you shall find the answer to your question.

But they are not foreign words, are they? They have been used since the 13th century in the Indian subcontinent. Urdu has had a natural development over centuries, Shudh Hindi hasn't. However, no one spoke Shudh Hindi in India before 1947. Just goes to show your insecurity of Muslims & their language. They 'immigrated' to your lands centuries ago, just like Indians immigrate to the US & become American citizens. Just like Indus river does not flow through India, but it has some claim to the Indus Valley Civilization as some people from the original Indus Valley Civilization in the region of present day Pakistan migrated to India, and formed their own civilizations. There is such a thing as naturalization & immigration, so even the Persian/Arabic derived words are not foreign.

There is nothing Muslim or Islamic about our language.

It was always a local language before those invaders came. They mixed some words and called it some name. Now it remains our choice to reject those words and go back to the roots or not.

Read Post # 239, you shall find the answer to your question.

I did. and i found it very confusing going through the previous posts u made.
Please be precise.
are u trying to prove urdu is older than hindi ?

You do not understand what I'm saying. There was no such language such as Hindi/Hindustani in India, it was Urdu. Why did the Indian government feel the need to purify their 'Hindi/Hindustani' by removing Arabic/Persian derived words from the language, & creating an artificial language known as Shudh Hindi in 1947, especially when no one talked like that prior to 1947? High class Urdu can be found from the 13th century onwards, used in courts, poems and all kinds of other literary works.

If you think Hindi(hindustani)speakers actually spoke in Urdu of Mirza Galib variety instead in their own mother tongue of different Hindi dialects, then you are out of your mind .No further discussion on topic.

You have clearly shown your bias & insecurity towards all Indian Muslims with this post of yours. You clearly think you are more 'Indian' than them. You are clearly a racist, and in need of immediate help. You won't be getting that from your RSS or VHP. And btw, the answer to your question lies in Post # 239.

This has nothing to do with Indian Muslims.

No one welcomes invaders to their country. Iran fought Iraq for 9 years and had a million of their people killed. They didn't let the Iraqis cme in because they were also Muslims.

It is you who is in need of help. You have no point.

You are just speaking inanities and repeating the same things over and over. You yourself don't know what you want to say.

And you have no right to demand anything from India. You are not an Indian.

There is nothing Muslim or Islamic about our language.

It was always a local language before those invaders came. They mixed some words and called it some name. Now it remains our choice to reject those words and go back to the roots or not.

See, you are a closet racist & a Muslim hater. In essence, you are saying that Indians that immigrate to America have no right to call themselves Americans, or the white Europeans that immigrated to America don't have that right either. By the same token, you have no right to call Indus Valley Civilization a part of India as the Indus River does not flow through any part of present day India, making the history of the land in present day Pakistan older than present day India. You need help man, that's all I can say.

See, you are a closet racist & a Muslim hater. In essence, you are saying that Indians that immigrate to America have no right to call themselves Americans, or the white Europeans that immigrated to America don't have that right either. By the same token, you have no right to call Indus Valley Civilization a part of India as the Indus River does not flow through any part of present day India, making the history of the land in present day Pakistan older than present day India. You need help man, that's all I can say.

You are thoroughly confused and mixing unrelated things.

Let me know if you have something new. So far it was all inanities. As I said Indians can't care less for your opinions on our own languages.

This whole Indian tendency to claim exclusive ownership of south Asian culture is so pathetic, I've stopped commenting on it.

The ancient word 'India' referred to the entire subcontinent. Just because they have usurped the name 'India' for their country, some Indians believe it gives them exclusive rights to the historic culture of the entire subcontinent.

This has nothing to do with Indian Muslims.

This does my friend. The ancestors of Indian Muslims do not come from the ancient land, right? They immigrated to the region, right? Just like the initial invaders invaded the region, their future generations were born in the Indian subcontinent, & lived in the Indian subcontinent. They became part of the land, just like Indian Muslims today are part of India, just like even though India is not originally part of the Indus Valley Civilization, they formed a few civilizations generations later when people from the original IVC migrated to present day India. The future generations of these invaders (NOT THE INVADERS themselves, but the children of the rulers, the children of the Indian subcontinent) formed the language Urdu by the amalgamation of Sanskrit based derivants with the languages of their ancestors that they were taught at home(Persian/Azeri), giving rise to Urdu. Simple.

This does my friend. The ancestors of Indian Muslims do not come from the ancient land, right? They immigrated to the region, right?

No!

And

No!

the vast majority of the Indian Muslims are converts and natives to the land.

You are thoroughly confused and mixing unrelated things.

Let me know if you have something new. So far it was all inanities. As I said Indians can't care less for your opinions on our own languages.

My ancestors, & all my family comes from Bihar from centuries ago. I was born in Pakistan, but my parents were born in Bihar. Because my heritage & my everything else belongs to Bihar, does that make me an Indian, even though I was born in Pakistan? No. Because I was born in Pakistan. Just like the children of the Muslims invaders were born in the Indian subcontinent, & created the language Urdu.

This does my friend. The ancestors of Indian Muslims do not come from the ancient land, right?

Are you talking about the ancient Aryan invasion or the later Muslim invasion?

The former seems to be a hot topic of debate even amongst Indians. As for the latter, I would have to say that most modern subcontinental Muslims are descendents of local converts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom