What's new

Why Hindi-Urdu is One Language and Arabic is Several

You are mighty confused.

Sometimes you say that labels don't matter. Then you go back on your words and claim that we are speaking Urdu!

Then you claim we are getting rid of foreign words!

Urdu remains an Indian language and there are more Urdu papers and publications that in Pakistan.

As I said, you are supposedly central Asians now. Worry about Tajiks and Uzbeks and Kazhaks.

We don't need your advice on what we should do in India that has nothing to do with Pakistan.

Labels don't matter, but denying the greatness of Urdu & depriving its development by fabricating a so-called language called Hindi just shows your insecurity of Muslims. Urdu was the language of the Indian subcontinent, not just India. Lahore played a huge part in Urdu's development. There are more Urdu speakers in Pakistan than India, despite being 7 times less in population.

I'll open this thread tomorrow. It's 3:26 in the morning here, & I have to get up early in the morning. Adios!

Labels don't matter, but denying the greatness of Urdu & depriving its development by fabricating a so-called language called Hindi just shows your insecurity of Muslims. Urdu was the language of the Indian subcontinent, not just India. Lahore played a huge part in Urdu's development. There are more Urdu speakers in Pakistan than India, despite being 7 times less in population.

Man, you are seriously funny.

If we speak Urdu rather than Hindi, how is it that "There are more Urdu speakers in Pakistan than India, despite being 7 times less in population"!

Just the Muslims in India are almost equal to Pakistan and most of them speak Urdu natively unlike Pakistan where it is not a native language.

You lack basic facts as we have seen many times.

If we speak Urdu rather than Hindi, how is it that "There are more Urdu speakers in Pakistan than India, despite being 7 times less in population"!

Just the Muslims in India are almost equal to Pakistan and most of them speak Urdu natively unlike Pakistan where it is not a native language.

Because you claim you speak Hindi. And because you claim Hindi and Urdu are distinct languages. And because the 'Shudhness' your Indian government created post 1947 is decreasing the number of Hindustani speakers in India, even though there are still more Hindustani speakers than Shudh Hindi ones.

If Urdu is an Indian language & not from the Indian subcontinent, India has no part of the Indus Valley Civilization in India as the Indus river does not flow through any part of India. Srinagar is the only part through which the Indus river flows, and Srinagar is in Indian occupied territory/disputed territory of Kashmir, so it's not part of India. And Sikhism is a Pakistani religion, because the founder of Sikhism was born in the region of present day Pakistan.

Because you claim you speak Hindi. And because you claim Hindi and Urdu are distinct languages. And because the 'Shudhness' your Indian government created post 1947 is decreasing the number of Hindustani speakers in India, even though there are still more Hindustani speakers than Shudh Hindi ones.

You are again confused.

All these are your claims.

I said (many times) Hindustani is the colloquial language. Hindi is the same language written in Devanagari and with the foreign influence reduced or removed.

Urdu is the same language written in Arabic and with more emphasis on the foreign words.

Hindi/Hindustani/Urdu remains an Indian language in any case.

If you just admit that the Indian Hindus concocted a fake, artificial language of 'Hindi', because of their insecurity of Muslims & to depreciate the historical & cultural importance of Urdu; as has been proven by my many posts before, I think we can come to some conclusion. But you are just stuck in your state of paranoia & insecurity of Muslims.

You are again confused.

All these are your claims.

I said (many times) Hindustani is the colloquial language. Hindi is the same language written in Devanagari and with the foreign influence reduced or removed.

Urdu is the same language written in Arabic and with more emphasis on the foreign words.

Hindi/Hindustani/Urdu remains an Indian language in any case.

I have proven to you that Hindi speakers like yourself do not understand Urdu poets like Iqbal, Ghalib & others. I have quoted to you their poetry in Roman English, & you had no clue what they were saying. There is no such language known as Hindi. There is no such thing as Hindustani. Urdu is the language of the Indian subcontinent, which includes both Pakistan and India.

If you just admit that the Indian Hindus concocted a fake, artificial language of 'Hindi', because of their insecurity of Muslims & to depreciate the historical & cultural importance of Urdu; as has been proven by my many posts before, I think we can come to some conclusion. But you are just stuck in your state of paranoia & insecurity of Muslims.

It is you who is insecure.

You have not proven anything, just repeated the same funny theories over and over.

All of it has been refuted by many people here.

It is you who is insecure.

You have not proven anything, just repeated the same funny theories over and over.

All of it has been refuted by many people here.

How has it been refuted? But I have refuted your claims, because I proved to you quoting poetry from so-called 'Hindi' poets such as Ghalib, Iqbal & Khusro that you do not understand the language they used in their poems. If they were Hindi poets, you should have been able to understand them. But you failed. You do not understand the language you claim to be Hindi at the time. You made a joke out of yourself.

How has it been refuted? But I have refuted your claims, because I proved to you quoting poetry from so-called 'Hindi' poets such as Ghalib, Iqbal & Khusro that you do not understand the language they used in their poems. If they were Hindi poets, you should have been able to understand them. But you failed. You made a joke out of yourself.

Yes, Ghalib is gibberish for most Hindi speakers. I had explained that only the elites like Ghalib were aware of all these foreign words - the common people continued to use the traditional Sanskrit/Prakrit based vocabulary.

How has it been refuted? But I have refuted your claims, because I proved to you quoting poetry from so-called 'Hindi' poets such as Ghalib, Iqbal & Khusro that you do not understand the language they used in their poems. If they were Hindi poets, you should have been able to understand them. But you failed. You do not understand the language you claim to be Hindi at the time. You made a joke out of yourself.

Some people using an artificial court language sometime doesn't mean anything.

Its the colloquial language we are talking of, not the court language.

Yes, Ghalib is gibberish for most Hindi speakers. I had explained that only the elites like Ghalib were aware of all these foreign words - the common people continued to use the Sanskrit/Prakrit based vocabulary.

The common man in that time did not use the Shudh Hindi used in India today by certain politicians & others. Shudh Hindi was nothing but an artificial creation of post 1947 India, and no one spoke like that prior to 1947. However, there were many people who spoke the kind of Urdu you hear Ghalib, Iqbal, Bahadur Shah Zafar & many others speak. Hindustani language you call today is nothing but Urdu. Which is why the Indian establishment post 1947 tried to 'purify' the Hindustani language (aka Urdu), by removing the Arabic/Persian derived words from the language & replacing them with Sanskrit derived words. Why would they feel the need to create a new artificial language known as Shudh Hindi (that no one spoke prior to 1947) from 'Hindustani' in 1947 if it weren't for their insecurity of Muslims & their language 'Hindustani' (aka Urdu)?

We've already talked about standard/Shuda Hindi being nothing but an artificial creation of the Indian state post 1947, to get rid off the language's Arabic/Persian influence to pacify the Hindus.

There was no conspiary theory it. The standard Hindi is the standard version of Khariboli ,hence no major Urdu influence.

Khariboli existed for hundreds of years , not exactly new language.

Each language is goes throws its evolution with time,English don't speak Shakespearian English anymore,do they??

No one talked Shuda Hindi prior to 1947 in the Indian subcontinent. There is no such thing as Hindustani either, the language you are referring to is Urdu.

Absolute Rubbish.

Urdu as language was spoken by the Muslims of North India as mother tongue and those Hindus who had educated in Urdu or Farsi language.

Do you think common man (hindus) of north india could understood the pristine Urdu poetry of Mirza Gazlib before 1947 ??
No certainly not.

The language they spoke was " Hindustani or Hindu-Udru" which has some Udru words , but more or less a dilect of Khariboli.

The villagers of north india on other hand spoke in rurul Kharboli,Ayabadi or Bhojpuri which is berift of any major Urdu infulence.

This has been discussed to death in my previous posts, giving conclusive evidences to support my claims, and I don't want to repeat myself over and over again. Just read my posts, & then get back to me if you have something new to say. Right now, you are just repeating yourself.

From yesterday , you are inanely harping on Urdu without knowing much about that north indian(hindus) used their different dialects of Khariboli Hindi and its own script since medieval age .

If you want to learn , you must loosen your mind knot.

The common man in that time did not use the Shudh Hindi used in India today by certain politicians & others. Shudh Hindi was nothing but an artificial creation of post 1947 India, and no one spoke like that prior to 1947. However, there were many people who spoke the kind of Urdu you hear Ghalib, Iqbal, Bahadur Shah Zafar & many others speak. Hindustani language you call today is nothing but Urdu.

Man, if you are saying that the common man, before 1947, was spouting foreign words like Ghalib, then all I can say is that you need to go and get help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom