What's new

Why Hindi-Urdu is One Language and Arabic is Several

Lol. You don't know anything and this proves it.

I was talking about you, not me. I have studied Persian & Rekhta Urdu poetry deeply, so I understand 95% of the phrases I quoted. Don't believe me? Open post # 35, and watch the video I made speaking in pure Urdu. And there is nothing complex with the Urdu I am using here, its pretty routine & standard:

Or if you want, just open the link here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I'm off for today, I've spent too much time on this thread anyways & you guys aren't sprouting out anything new or interesting. Later folks.

So your case is dismissed.

Don't repeat this again. Your shallow claims to knowledge of Hindi was exposed anyway when you claimed there was no "Sh" sound in Hindi.

Why would you speak of something you down't know of? Can you even read Devanagari?

So your case id dismissed.

Don't repeat this again. Your shallow claims to knowledge of Hindi was exposed anyway when you claimed there was no "Sh" sound in Hindi.

Why would you speak of something you down't know of? Can you even read Devanagari?

I dont need the ability to read Devanagari, it was used solely for Hindu religious texts, not for Urdu/Hindustani texts prior to 1867. Your PM Manmohan Singh himself reads his speeches in Nastaliq, not Devanagari.

I was talking about you, not me. I have studied Persian & Rekhta Urdu poetry deeply, so I understand 95% of the phrases I quoted. Don't believe me? Open post # 35, and watch the video I made speaking in pure Urdu.

Or if you want, just open the link here:

Seems irrelevant!

Is this you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont need the ability to read Devanagari, it was used solely for Hindu religious texts, not for Urdu/Hindustani texts prior to 1867. Your PM Manmohan Singh himself reads his speeches in Nastaliq, not Devanagari.

So what?

Stop living in the past. It's not coming back.

And if you don't know the script, why do you make false claims about it?

So your case is dismissed.

If you pronounce 'pareshaan' as pareSaan, 'zor' as Jor. You can't even pronounce the 'KH' sound in words like 'Khaas'. You pronounce 'phir' as F-ir. You clearly bastardized the Urdu language, changed the script from Nastaliq to Devanagari, and called it Hindi.

Explain to me the meaning of some of Ghalib's poetry here:

“Shabaan-e- hijraan daraaz chun zulf o roz –e–vaslat, chun umar kohtaah
Sakhi, piya ko jo main na dekhoon, to kaise katoon andheri ratiyan’

“Z-e-hal-e miskin makun taghaaful, varaaye naina banaaye batiyaan
Ke taab-e- hijraan n’daaram e jaan, na leho kaahe lagaaye chatiyaan?”

Are you telling me this is similar to pure colloquial Hindi today?

It is true that some people who embraced Islam started using a very large number of foreign words. Although I am reasonably fluent in Hindi, Ghalib's poetry is gibberish to me. I can't make out head or tail of what he is trying to say. You see, it was only the elite who were aware of all these foreign words. Common people continued to use the traditional Sanskrit-based vocabulary.

If you pronounce 'pareshaan' as pareSaan, 'zor' as Jor. You can't even pronounce the 'KH' sound in words like 'Khaas'. You pronounce 'phir' as F-ir. You clearly bastardized the Urdu language, changed the script from Nastaliq to Devanagari, and called it Hindi.

We will pronounce our language the way we want and as per the sounds in our language.

We are not speaking Farasi or Arabic, we are speaking Hindi. Get that straight.

We give a damn to how you feel we should pronounce some words in our own language!

We will pronounce our language the way we want and as per the sounds in our language.

We are not speaking Farasi or Arabic, we are speaking Hindi. Get that straight.

We give a damn to how you feel we should pronounce some words in our own language!

You shouldn't be calling your Urdu language 'Hindi', & trivialize it to make Indian Hindus feel better about themselves. No wonder Urdu today is considered a Madrassah & Muslim language in India, and the standard of Urdu has deteriorated to its lowest ebb in India.

First thing First , the Hindi, the colloquial or spoken Hindi is actually a language called "Hindustani "

Hindustani though takes grammer from Khariboli ,it vocalbulary encompasses many words spoken is Urdu (Rekhta) as well as its own Khariboli words.

Khariboli is its original form hardly words Urdu words incorporated in it.

Standard Hini or Shuda Hindi is the pure version of Khariboli, hence there is not many urdu words in it. And it wasn't invented after 1947 ,but certainly standardized for official use by the GOI .

While Urdu is spoken by muslims of north india, Pakistan or Hyderabad.

Hindustani/(colloquial Hindi) is used by common man in north india, UP,Bihar .

While In Madhya Pradesh , they speak the sweest form Kharliboli hindi bearing very few Urdu influence.

You shouldn't be calling your Urdu language Hindi, & trivialize it to make Indian Hindus feel better about themselves. No wonder Urdu today is considered a Madrassah & Muslim language in India, and the standard of Urdu has deteriorated to its lowest ebb in India.

You are mighty confused.

Sometimes you say that labels don't matter. Then you go back on your words and claim that we are speaking Urdu!

Then you claim we are getting rid of foreign words!

Urdu remains an Indian language and there are more Urdu papers and publications that in Pakistan.

As I said, you are supposedly central Asians now. Worry about Tajiks and Uzbeks and Kazhaks.

We don't need your advice on what we should do in India that has nothing to do with Pakistan.

First thing First , the Hindi, the colloquial or spoken Hindi is actually a language called "Hindustani "

Hindustani though takes grammer from Khariboli ,it vocalbulary encompasses many words spoken is Urdu (Rekhta) as well as its own Khariboli words.

Khariboli is its original form hardly words Urdu words incorporated in it.

Standard Hini or Shuda Hindi is the pure version of Khariboli, hence there is not many urdu words in it. And it wasn't invented after 1947 ,but certainly standardized for official use by the GOI .

While Urdu is spoken by muslims of north india, Pakistan or Hyderabad.

Hindustan/(colloquial Hindi) is used by common man in north india, UP,Bihar .

While In Madhya Pradesh , they speak the sweest form Kharliboli hindi bearing very few Urdu influence.

We've already talked about standard/Shuda Hindi being nothing but an artificial creation of the Indian state post 1947, to get rid off the language's Arabic/Persian influence to pacify the Hindus. No one talked Shuda Hindi prior to 1947 in the Indian subcontinent. There is no such thing as Hindustani either, the language you are referring to is Urdu. This has been discussed to death in my previous posts, giving conclusive evidences to support my claims, and I don't want to repeat myself over and over again. Just read my posts, & then get back to me if you have something new to say. Right now, you are just repeating yourself.

Back
Top Bottom