What's new

When Pakistani Soldiers Stood Guard At Queen Elizabeth II’s Coronation

Yes but these soldiers are part of the commonwealth contingent planned by UK. There is different between guest march pass and guards of coronation for queen.

And how does that make it humiliating?

This is how South Asians get treated before 1947 :) Such sign boards are present in all clubs and Gymkhanas across all British India

file-20170815-15219-6ib68c.png

Spoiler alert:

This is after 1947.

Buddy I mean we got ( our forefathers) such treatment from Brits so after independence there should be no need to please them ...... hope you get what I mean
And how does that make it humiliating?

Spoiler alert:

This is after 1947.

uddy I mean we got ( our forefathers) such treatment from Brits so after independence there should be no need to please them ...... hope you get what I mean

It was a gesture of goodwill. The UK ceased all colonial activities in Pakistan after 1947. Even back when they did rule over us, they still built infrastructure throughout the region and provided jobs for many (e.g some of my family fought during WW1 and 2). And when they did leave, they still gave us Pakistan (albeit in a moth-eaten state, but at least we actually got it). Churchill himself even spent £100,000 for the construction of a Masjid in London in recognition of the Muslims from British India who fought for the Empire. He later told the House of Commons: "Many of our friends in Muslim countries all over the East have already expressed great appreciation of this gift." and even played polo with Muslims in British India (his view of Islam wasn't very positive though, but he didn't seem to have any major qualms with Muslims). At one point, his family even feared he would convert.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29701767

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/re...-family-feared-he-might-convert-to-Islam.html

The British were nowhere near as bad for us as, say, the Marathas or Sikh Empire was. I'll take the Crown over Shivaji or Ranjit any day.

I can understand why you, as an Indian, might hold a stronger disdain towards the British (e.g the famine, Churchill's derogatory remarks about Hindus, etc), but that's your view. Not mine.

Last edited:
Britishers respect for ( Pakistanis , Indians and Bangladeshis ) ;)

main-qimg-604b1a5bb449ba351397e58d60920f8b-c

It was a gesture of goodwill. The UK ceased all colonial activities in Pakistan after 1947. Even back when they did rule over us, they still built infrastructure throughout the region and provided jobs for many (e.g some of my family fought during WW1 and 2). And when they did leave, they still gave us Pakistan (albeit in a moth-eaten state, but at least we actually got it). Churchill himself even spent £100,000 for the construction of a Masjid in London in recognition of the Muslims from British India who fought for the Empire. He later told the House of Commons: "Many of our friends in Muslim countries all over the East have already expressed great appreciation of this gift." and even played polo with Muslims in British India (his view of Islam wasn't very positive though, but he didn't seem to have any major qualms with Muslims). At one point, his family even feared he would convert.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29701767

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/re...-family-feared-he-might-convert-to-Islam.html

The British were nowhere near as bad for us as, say, the Marathas or Sikh Empire was. I'll take the Crown over Shivaji or Ranjit any day.

I can understand why you, as an Indian, might hold a stronger disdain towards the British (e.g the famine, his derogatory remarks about Hindus, etc), but that's your view. Not mine.

Seriously, there is nothing to proud of protecting another queen even they admire your intergrity. See, we Chinese will never talk or admire about anything during colonial times of hongkong. Those were days of darkness...
My Chinese brother...you have no idea how much of a "coconut" mentality exists in Pakistan.

I think back in 1952 PA was still run by British officers so they must have sent these soldiers for her coronation. Personally nothing wrong with it as it shows that they have respect for you.

I am a Pakistani and I will not tolerate insults to old/ dead soldiers who in their time did their service!
Many fought for the King in Mesopotamia against Turk Muslims.
You call that service?

It's just soldiers doing their job with a country that is no longer hostile with Pakistan. What's the big issue? We aren't cleaning the Queen's shoes or anything like that, there is no "humiliation".

Salamu Alaikum

The British Royal Family have visited Pakistan a few times after our independence and kept cordial relations.

If the relations are so cirdial let them reciprocate with their soldiers doing the same as ourr soldiers do.

Back
Top Bottom