What's new

Bangladesh to observe state mourning for 3 days in memory of Queen Elizabeth

They who are shouting "Bangla slaaav", your shouting was premature. Look what you did now.

Pakistan to observe day of mourning tomorrow over Queen Elizabeth’s death​

@AmiEktaKharapChele

Things need to be put into perspective.

The mourning here is not out of respect for the system of Monarchy or colonialism but for Elizabeth II specifically.
She did not decide to colonise any land but oversaw rapid decolonisation. The remaining colonies are self-governed and colonies at will.
She did not declare one single war.
She chose to visit ex-colonies throughout the world at will and carried out philanthropic activities worth billions of dollars.

You lot should be grateful to Bengalis (BD + WB) for lighting the sparks of the independence movement against British rule instead of daring to call us slaves. Most Indian and Pakistani ethnicities have historically been subservient to foreign occupation. Without Bengalis kicking asses you would still be colonies today.

Good to see Bangladesh government remains in its senses on this occassion.
I don't know Bangladeshi
But when Hong Kong returned to China in 1997, Britain set up many obstacles. There was also massive, systematic intelligence and sabotage after the '97 return

They who are shouting "Bangla slaaav", your shouting was premature. Look what you did now.

Pakistan to observe day of mourning tomorrow over Queen Elizabeth’s death​

@AmiEktaKharapChele

I don't think anyone here is disputing that the current gov't are slaves. The first think Shabaz Sharif did was go to the UK, to hold a cabinet meeting with his brother in London, where they have all their stored stolen wealth. No need to get defensive when people criticize the govt of sheikh haseena.

when are you planning to hold a day of mourning in the UK for the next saudi monarch hat dies? If the premise sounds absurd to you, then why would you get upset about Bengalis being annoyed with this colonial mindset BS, The British Raj is over, the Empire is in the dustbin where it belongs for the better good of the world, ain't no nostalgia to this BS.

Dignity is acknoledging of the theft that took place in the subcontinent and making amends like the Germans did with reperations, something we know that Britain will never do, so let leave this BS, holier than hour talk of of supposed British Imperial "dignity".

Kenyan rebels were literally herded into concentration camps and tortured to death during the first years of Elizabeth's reign.

Why would I mourn the vile saudi king and princes.

Who peddle cruelty.

And are autocratic rulers.

QEII was the Head of State of Pakistan, it is only fitting she be mourned in both Pak and BD. I dont see why this unnecessary controversy is being created.

Regards

Why would I mourn the vile saudi king and princes.

Who peddle cruelty.

And are autocratic rulers.

Lol, no one has killed more people around the world than the British Empire, that is an objective Irrefutable fact. Also btw, Britain ran a concentration camp in Kenya herded thousands and tortured then to death, when Elizabeth was queen. lmao, but nice attempt at painting yourself as a faux humanitarian. lol

Also on the point of the Saudi King, the larger point seems to be lost upon you, which was that its ridiculous to have a day of mourning for a monarch from a country halfway across the world, who has nothing to do with you or your life(this was the original point regarding bangladesh's govt holding such an event, the critique of which resulted with you getting your panties up in a bunch).

Lol, no one has killed more people around the world than the British Empire, that is an objective Irrefutable fact. Also btw, Britain ran a concentration camp in Kenya herded thousands and tortured then to death, when Elizabeth was queen. lmao, but nice attempt at painting yourself as a faux humanitarian. lol

Also on the point of the Saudi King, the larger point seems to be lost upon you, which was that its ridiculous to have a day of mourning for a monarch from a country halfway across the world, who has nothing to do with you or your life(this was the original point regarding bangladesh's govt holding such an event, the critique of which resulted with you getting your panties up in a bunch).

Queen came after the British empire.

Anyway stop changing the subject.

You asked me why I wouldn’t mourn the passing of Saudi kings and princes. I told you why.

Queen came after the British empire.

Anyway stop changing the subject.

You asked me why I wouldn’t mourn the passing of Saudi kings and princes. I told you why.

If the queen is so innocent pls look into South Yemen a former colony and what she ordered.

Look what they did to Kenya, under her reign?

If the queen is so innocent pls look into South Yemen a former colony and what she ordered.

Look what they did to Kenya, under her reign?

She was a figurehead.

She didn’t order anything!

It’s like blaming the Bangladeshi president for the woes of BD.

Power in both cases lies with the PM.

There is nothing wrong in niceties ! It is good politics for lack of better word as Britain is a destination for decent amount of export.

Giving a heartwarming statement does not cost anything.

There is nothing wrong in niceties ! It is good politics for lack of better word as Britain is a destination for decent amount of export.

Giving a heartwarming statement does not cost anything.

Dignity for one.

Also no-one in BD cares about the British Queen and so totally pointless to have official mourning without any mourners!

Last edited:
She was a figurehead.

She didn’t order anything!

It’s like blaming the Bangladeshi president for the woes of BD.

Power in both cases lies with the PM.

I am talking about South Yemen, and yes she's gave direct orders when it came to South Yemen.

Regardless she was head of state, whilst the country did these things In Yemen and Kenya. And said nothing. What does that say? Her husband even in late age was the biggest racist on diplomatic meeting even in modern times, as early as the 2000's and 2010's.

It's a shame when someone passes, unfortunately everyone has to die its a fact of life. Although everyone needs to earn a living .

PM Hasina to attend state funeral of Queen in London​

UNB, Dhaka

Wed Sep 14, 2022 07:31 PM Last update on: Wed Sep 14, 2022 08:34 PM

1663166667128.png

Design: Azmin Azran

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will attend the state funeral of Queen Elizabeth II in London, said Foreign Minister Abdul Momen.

The Queen's coffin will be taken in a procession to Westminster Abbey for the state funeral on September 19, 2022 which will be a Bank Holiday in the UK.

Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen made the revelation while talking about PM's UK and US visit for the UN General Assembly during a media brief today (September 14, 2022).

1663166692305.jpeg

PM Sheikh Hasina likely to attend Queen’s state funeral

World leaders and dignitaries have been paying tribute to the Queen, who died on Thursday at the age of 96.

Hasina is scheduled to leave Dhaka for London on Thursday.

She is scheduled to reach New York on September 20 from London.

Back
Top Bottom