What's new

What ya eating?

Yah I cooked it...missus directs and suggests here and there (she dont like handling raw meat stuff and doesnt like cooking in general - whereas I learned it quite well in college days).

Coconut (either fresh or coconut milk) would actually would have worked quite well....but didnt have any at hand.

Basically i took the chicken, tossed it around in some seasoning, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, chilli powder, little extra garlic powder and then basically oiled the pan on high heat and added chicken to get nicely seared and a little browned too. Turn down heat, add veggies (onion, tomatoes, beans) and little water...and just let it cook at medium heat in all the juices to add some body to everything.

Next time I will make a proper south indian curry chicken and post here :)
Well done, quite a good cook you make. :woot:
Somehow I can't picture you with an apron standing in front of the stove. :haha:

Yes, college days make us learn a lot about life and discover talents we never thought we had. I started cooking three years ago and I can't say I'm a good cook yet but my pasta's and pizza's are considered to be the best in my family. :angel:

And I love coconut as well. The more the better :smitten:

Please do share come coconut curries with recipes. Appreciate that. :cheers:

2Eo5nCX.jpg

PcTCK8B.jpg

BBQ curry chicken thing we just made up. Turned out great, devoured plate in 5 minutes. I might try sriracha in it next time, could use a little more kick.
That looks good, share the recipe

Yah I cooked it...missus directs and suggests here and there (she dont like handling raw meat stuff and doesnt like cooking in general - whereas I learned it quite well in college days).

Coconut (either fresh or coconut milk) would actually would have worked quite well....but didnt have any at hand.

Basically i took the chicken, tossed it around in some seasoning, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, chilli powder, little extra garlic powder and then basically oiled the pan on high heat and added chicken to get nicely seared and a little browned too. Turn down heat, add veggies (onion, tomatoes, beans) and little water...and just let it cook at medium heat in all the juices to add some body to everything.

Next time I will make a proper south indian curry chicken and post here :)
Bbq sause bothers me. It tastes weird, might be cause I have a different pallet but what about you? What bbq sause did you use?

That looks good, share the recipe

Bbq sause bothers me. It tastes weird, might be cause I have a different pallet but what about you? What bbq sause did you use?

Yah trick is not to use too much BBQ sauce....I find adding franks hot sauce + garlic powder + pepper helps improve the flavour profile for cooking. You can also experiment (depending on whether you find BBQ sauce too sweet or too acidic....with stuff like brown sugar, lemon etc).

This was just regular kraft chicken BBQ sauce.

In the end tho, yah if you dont like BBQ sauce flavour no matter what (we all have the things we just dont like for whatever reason)....stay tuned. I will make something very different later more to your taste maybe.

You can also just completely forego the BBQ sauce, and just sear the chicken and make/add your own spice and seasoning mix or even just use vegetable broth etc. I tend to experiment a lot within the norms I have found are my preference....I dont really go by specific amounts etc, just what seems reasonable and feels right :P....and golden rule that you can always add, but never take away.

Yah trick is not to use too much BBQ sauce....I find adding franks hot sauce + garlic powder + pepper helps improve the flavour profile for cooking. You can also experiment (depending on whether you find BBQ sauce too sweet or too acidic....with stuff like brown sugar, lemon etc).

This was just regular kraft chicken BBQ sauce.

In the end tho, yah if you dont like BBQ sauce flavour no matter what (we all have the things we just dont like for whatever reason)....stay tuned. I will make something very different later more to your taste maybe.

You can also just completely forego the BBQ sauce, and just sear the chicken and make/add your own spice and seasoning mix or even just use vegetable broth etc. I tend to experiment a lot within the norms I have found are my preference....I dont really go by specific amounts etc, just what seems reasonable and feels right :P....and golden rule that you can always add, but never take away.
I like experimenting with food too. Looking forward to your post.

Its called yogurt, use it next time
hahahah i don't eat yougurt with biryani...
Well all the ketchup would do is add sweetness and a hint of tartness. The mayo would only make it creamy and melon down the flavor. What you can do alternatively is add a tomato chutney(not spicy) and yogurt. The yogurt will give you the creaminess and melo down the spice, while the tomato chutney will give you the tartness. This is far better then adding ketchup and mayo to it. It ruins the aesthetic of the dish, not to mention the flavor.
will try it next time but mayo or ketchup ke sath jo taste hota hai bas it's so yummy....

Hahah come on bro .. shes just a child .
:yes4::yes4: kabhi kabhar main bhi yahi krtin hon..

Rehn day .......... I like my biryani.
:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Don’t know about that.

Me naam bta b du konsa aapne pehchaan lena hy...
Lmao, fair enough. I realized there is a slight privacy issue in revealing his name. My bad for asking

hahahah i don't eat yougurt with biryani...

will try it next time but mayo or ketchup ke sath jo taste hota hai bas it's so yummy....

:yes4::yes4: kabhi kabhar main bhi yahi krtin hon..

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
Dear God, I'm afraid it might be too late for you

I cooked a very simple meal tonight:
Cordon Bleu filled with rockfort, capers and spring onions and double coated it with corn and cornflakes. French fries and pickled cucumber and ofcourse Zaanse mayo.

I also bought two cinnamon babka's. :smitten:
20190529_191325.jpg
20190529_191334.jpg

No actually i asked a mufti in my village. And there is no chance you may know him. But still, the name Mufti Atta Ur Rehman
That's a very common name, well I appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Btw got any good recipes? I mostly know of all the pakhtoon recipes but that varies alot from house to house.

I cooked a very simple meal tonight:
Cordon Bleu filled with rockfort, capers and spring onions and double coated it with corn and cornflakes. French fries and pickled cucumber and ofcourse Zaanse mayo.

I also bought two cinnamon babka's. :smitten:
View attachment 562580 View attachment 562581
Looks really good

Have you had panda? Had that become widespread yet?

Yes. During 2014-2017 period i had panda like evey third day.... it habe differemt recipes too, like one of DI Khan, waziristani , karak panda, etc. DI Khan one is on top. And yes its very common now a days

Back
Top Bottom