What's new

Vikramditya & the IAC Vikrant Threat To Pakistan Waters

Pakistan won't be buying aircraft carriers, at least not anytime soon. Lets face it. We are cash strapped and our Navy has always been inferior.

So how do we counter IAC Vikrant ?

In my view if we increase quantities of the assets we already have then we can become quite effective. This is just one method. I'm sure our military has thought of other ways also

Agosta Submarines
agosta8.jpg

F-22P Frigrates

1151012_10151842101000817_1692004642_n.jpg

ZDK-03 AWACS

2264988.jpg

P3C Orion Maratime Patrol and Bomber

1791759.jpg

JF-17 Naval Block ? (Dual Seat, Enhanced Suite)
aTwo+Seat+JF-17+Thunder++FC-1+Xiaolong+Fighter+Jet+Trainer+PAKISTAN+AIR+FORCE+PAF+BVR+PL-12+SD-10A+B+C+D+E+PL-10+ASR+WVRAAM+C-802+RAAD+MAR-1+H-2+H-4+LD-6+LT-2+FT-123456+CK-400AKG+%25282%2529.jpg

Ra'ad Air launched Cruise Missile

Raad%2BLaunched.jpg

Babur Cruse Missile Naval Version

BABUR-2.jpgdb795cbb-dfe5-4002-82a3-7d4dfb772f86Large.jpg

Exocet Anti-Shipping

PakistanMirage5PA451withExocetASM.jpg

C-802 Anti-Shipping
JF-17+Thunder+C-802A+Anti-Ship+cruise+missile+with+range+of+180+kilometers+255+c803+yj83+PLAAF+Navy+attack+operational+maritime+fighter+jet+pakistan+air+force+china+%25284%2529.jpg

CM-400 Aircraft Carrier Killer
p1431024.jpg

Last edited:
^^ Diesel powered submarines are not suited to hunt carriers as they are too slow.

The problem that Pakistan has with the Vikramdytia is that it has a formidable air-defences that comprise 24 Mig-29K fighters, 2 destoyers and 2 frigates that between then can simultaneously engage more than 30 targets.

It will be very difficult to penetrate the defences of the CVBG but not impossible.

@Oscar @Dillinger @Capt.Popeye

Have you fellas ever thought about doing up a naval/air wargame on these forums? It'd be interesting to say the least. Perhaps the Indians could roleplay the Pakistani side and vice versa.

It is indeed surprising that whenever warfare is being discussed in the South Asian ambiance, conventional balance is the only factor discussed. South Asia crossed the Nuclear Rubicon a long time ago and the environment which was tilted earlier in favour of conventional superiority has been superseded by the equation which is now balanced through nuclear deterrence. In the current and future environment nuclear factor determines the extant of conventional superiority and its application is determined by the extant of nuclear thresholds.

The strategy of choking the sea lanes of communications through use of ACCs of AC Battle Groups is a bygone in South Asian environment. The symbolism of possessing an ACC remains a mere symbolism in the future warfare between India and Pakistan. India can however use this capability for selective coercive application against target countries at high seas during the peace time, against non-nuclear littoral states for force projection, fighting piracy and provision of logistical support during humanitarian disasters etc.

This however does not stop the technology bugs from discussing hi-tech platforms which essentially remain technology demonstrators in possession of those who think that India becomes a world power by possessing a few big boats in seas dominated by much stronger extra-regional navies.

I was actually surprised why no one's yet mentioned Pakistan's nuclear bums, so here it is now - an answer to everything is Pakistans nuclear bum.

Nukes are weapons that are not meant for use because the day you use it will be your last day, but there's a hell of a lot that's in between before you fire your first nooklear bum.

:alcoholic:
@Oscar @Dillinger @Capt.Popeye

Have you fellas ever thought about doing up a naval/air wargame on these forums? It'd be interesting to say the least. Perhaps the Indians could roleplay the Pakistani side and vice versa.

Ain't there enough War-Games taking place here already? :laugh:
The idea is good but for a more serious and less futilely combative Forum.

well sir "Vikrmaditya" as you think does have the best 3D/4D + ASEA based 400KM+ multi layered radar shield with a huge innoventorry of LR/MR&SR Sam batteries thanks to the multiple assets gaurding it like corvetts/cruisers & destroyers + there are 24 MIG29Ks with 850KM+ fighting radius withowt extrnal feul tanks and the deadli arsenell of AA/SA/ARM missiles & stand off wepons they carry that will neutralize any threats from your devine PAF if it ever tries to be adventureous while they will be supported by a bunch of Heliborne K31s AWACS:bounce:

first tell me how will you neutralize them before having a chance to fire your supa-dupa ASMs at INS Vikramaditya:azn:

the hard fact is all you could do is hope that you never come in such a situation as IAFs Greenpines and other radars backed by MKIs + MIG29s & M2K9s & Jags will not let your F-16s and JF-17 venture even owt of there airbases and your dreaming of taking on CBGs :rofl:

lol posts like

I have a Car having spoiler, Nos, Turbo etc etc how you will beat my car ?? lol ****** post!

I was actually surprised why no one's yet mentioned Pakistan's nuclear bums, so here it is now - an answer to everything is Pakistans nuclear bum.

Nukes are weapons that are not meant for use because the day you use it will be your last day, but there's a hell of a lot that's in between before you fire your first nooklear bum.
Depends upon the size of the Nuke.. if you know what i mean:azn:

It is not that. One can not discuss warfare without taking into account the existing environment in entirety. Pakistan's declared nuclear policy is first use, to deter the threat and use of conventional as well as nuclear weapons. Contrarily, the Indian policy revolves around a second strike and to deter the threat and use of nuclear and chemical (added later) weapons. It wants a free run for it superior conventional capability.

For India nuclear weapons may only be meant for deterrence and not for use. Pakistan will use the nuclear weapons if certain nuclear thresholds are crossed. India should not have any doubt in this regard and this is also Pakistan's declared policy.

And don't tell me now that whereas India would be able to absorb Pakistani first strike, Indian second strike would destroy Pakistan completely - this is a favourite and a misplaced Indian response. Probably the reason Pakistan is enhancing its nuclear capability is to acquire such a wherewithal which could also destroy India completely, encompassing the complete spectrum of conventional and nuclear environment.

Therefore, whenever warfare in South Asia is discussed, do not forget that nuclear equation has become part and parcel of the overall environment and conclusions can not be arrived at unless this factor is weighed in.

Pakistan won't be buying aircraft carriers, at least not anytime soon. Lets face it. We are cash strapped and our Navy has always been inferior.

So how do we counter IAC Vikrant ?

In my view if we increase quantities of the assets we already have then we can become quite effective. This is just one method. I'm sure our military has thought of other ways also

Agosta Submarines
agosta8.jpg

F-22P Frigrates

1151012_10151842101000817_1692004642_n.jpg

ZDK-03 AWACS

2264988.jpg

P3C Orion Maratime Patrol and Bomber

1791759.jpg

JF-17 Naval Block ? (Dual Seat, Enhanced Suite)
aTwo+Seat+JF-17+Thunder++FC-1+Xiaolong+Fighter+Jet+Trainer+PAKISTAN+AIR+FORCE+PAF+BVR+PL-12+SD-10A+B+C+D+E+PL-10+ASR+WVRAAM+C-802+RAAD+MAR-1+H-2+H-4+LD-6+LT-2+FT-123456+CK-400AKG+%25282%2529.jpg

Ra'ad Air launched Cruise Missile

Raad%2BLaunched.jpg

Babur Cruse Missile Naval Version

BABUR-2.jpgdb795cbb-dfe5-4002-82a3-7d4dfb772f86Large.jpg

Exocet Anti-Shipping

PakistanMirage5PA451withExocetASM.jpg

C-802 Anti-Shipping
JF-17+Thunder+C-802A+Anti-Ship+cruise+missile+with+range+of+180+kilometers+255+c803+yj83+PLAAF+Navy+attack+operational+maritime+fighter+jet+pakistan+air+force+china+%25284%2529.jpg

CM-400 Aircraft Carrier Killer
p1431024.jpg
he he he he well for your subs we have P8Is & Ka25-31

for your proposed navan block JF17s and C-802 & CM 400 combo + raad & babur we have owr owr MIG29Ks & Naval LCAs + MKIs & Jags with there AA/SA/ASM backed by multi layered Indian/french/israeli & russian 2D / 3D / 4D Land & arial based radar systems which again are backed by systems like Akash/SA2/S 300PMU & S-400 + Spyder/Maitri & YASHROD and soon to be added Barack LR/MR &SR SA batteries in huge numbers that you could onli dream of

now tell me will you get past them as you niether have the numbers nor the Technickal upper hand over us :azn:

he he he he well for your subs we have P8Is & Ka25-31

for your proposed navan block JF17s and C-802 & CM 400 combo + raad & babur we have owr owr MIG29Ks & Naval LCAs + MKIs & Jags with there AA/SA/ASM backed by multi layered Indian/french/israeli & russian 2D / 3D / 4D Land & arial based radar systems which again are backed by systems like Akash/SA2/S 300PMU & S-400 + Spyder/Maitri & YASHROD and soon to be added Barack LR/MR &SR SA batteries in huge numbers that you could onli dream of

now tell me will you get past them as you niether have the numbers nor the Technickal upper hand over us :azn:

Tu phir abhe hamla kardooona muna pakistan pe hamla intezaar kis cheez ka hey ?? LOLz use tarhan jesay surgical strike honay wali the ? :cheesy:

we
Tu phir abhe hamla kardooona muna pakistan pe hamla intezaar kis cheez ka hey ?? LOLz use tarhan jesay surgical strike honay wali the ? :cheesy:
well bhai himmat aur befkoofi me faraq hota hai aur hum hindustani ye faraq achee tarah jante hain :coffee:aur sahee mauke pe sahi jagah chot kerte hain :sniper:aur aisa hamne kai baar kiya hai apke saath chinta mat karo jab sahi waqt ayega to wo guzarish bhi poori ker denge apki :butcher:aur apke apne dosto se hi apko ye sabaq dilwayenge .:bounce:..
recent example USA(your so called ''freinds not masters) and what it is doing in your own country and your establishemnt is showing criminal sielence over it ...hope u got my point sir :cheers:

I think the only carriers that have ever been sunk have occurred in World War 2 and that was by air strikes ...

Cruise missles i think may and can sink a 4000 tonne frigate

But a 40,000 tonne carrier packed with MIG29K awacs helo support & anti missle systems & SAMS will be a tall order.

This TALL ORDER become more difficult when you consider the following

BBC News - India launches first defence satellite GSAT-7

Dedicated Naval satalite operrational; since August 2013 GSTAT 7

The carriers at present will be protected by upto 5 of the following types with one support ship

The Indian Navy's CBG usually consists of two destroyers (usually of the Delhi class, previously Kashins were used) and two or more frigates, (usually a combination of Brahmaputra, Talwar or Shivalik classes) and one support ship.[citation needed]

Personally if i was Advising Pakistani Response i would get 2 Sqds of 36 J11 flankers
1-image.jpg
Bhai storm force for bold and underlined part,sinking an 40000 ACC is not the purpose, by partially damage it we can easily send your super duper ACC to home for sick leave.
Our carrier killer missile can sink your 40000 ACC, if you are not agree with that then lay a samnay apna ACC hum nashana :sniper:laga ker try ker letay hen ager na dooba to sorry ker len gay:tup:.

Back
Top Bottom