What's new

IAC-1 INS VIKRANT | Updates and Discussions

1628180306762.png

in pakistan, indigenous or joint venture means importing the complete system/platform and then painting it in green with some cheap chinese paint

The last time you tried...this filth still sits in the bottom of Bay of Bengal blown to bits

View attachment 767750
Even Indian Navy denies that they sunk it.

getting back to topic guys ignoring the natives
I want to discuss the future fighter wing of vikrant carrier
I don't understand why we have not ordered more fighters for vikrant
we have 41 of the original 44 mig29k we brought but that is barely enough to keep.vikramdiyta supplied
yes I know viky has 16 to 20.fighters max but the mig 29k are very low service life so we never have 41 ready at a time
imo we should order f18 super hornet block 3 around 36 fighters
24 carrier based and 12 land based rotation.reserve
now we are in bed with usa we should buy usa fighters Soon

getting back to topic guys ignoring the natives
I want to discuss the future fighter wing of vikrant carrier
I don't understand why we have not ordered more fighters for vikrant
we have 41 of the original 44 mig29k we brought but that is barely enough to keep.vikramdiyta supplied
yes I know viky has 16 to 20.fighters max but the mig 29k are very low service life so we never have 41 ready at a time
imo we should order f18 super hornet block 3 around 36 fighters
24 carrier based and 12 land based rotation.reserve
now we are in bed with usa we should buy usa fighters Soon

There is no hornet coming. Would be tedbf. Even with Hornet folding wings, the fighter has to be parked at an inclined angle with very very lil clearance to move around on the deck. Moreover parking spaces have already been designed for the Migs or something similar. It will reduce the capacity the of ac the ship will carry. Again we don't know how much load the SH can carry in ski jump config.

are you expecting your navy to admit we sunk it when y'all don't even reveal casualties on LoC since you don't wanna feel inferior to kafirs and that'll shatter your brainwashed narrative of 1 pak equals 7 Indians
Lol you gonna talk about kargil yet forget about your casualties you took which you didn't even acknowledge?

Feel bad for those not mentioned. Same with the su30 pilots and dhruv pilots

Jeez, I came here to see if I could read something interesting, but I walked bazaang right into a Zee TV/ PTV saas-bahu soap opera.

The Indian Navy has launched the first aircraft carrier made locally and including weapons systems made by IAI
The ELA / IAA radar model EL / M-2448 and Barak-8 interceptors are installed in the Indian aircraft carrier. This is a deal from 2017

Dan Arkin 8/08/2021 Contact author

sharing

1628425367836.png

India joins a handful of countries that have built their own aircraft carriers for their war fleets. The first aircraft carrier built at shipyards in India, VIKRANT, launched this weekend, will begin a series of sea trials, and is equipped with a variety of combat systems made in Israel.

In the Indian aircraft carrier, Elta / IAA radar model EL / M-2448, which allows tracking of vessels and aircraft, as well as a combination of systems made in Israel and made in Russia. Like IAI and Raphael Barak 8 interceptors, a system developed for the Indian Navy, and AK-630 cannons made in Russia. The Israeli weapons and radar systems were purchased in a deal from 2017.

The sea trials were postponed because of the corona, but recently began the first trials at sea, to test the ship's hull and propulsion systems. The rest of the systems will be tested at later stages. The Vicarant aircraft carrier was built at the Cochin shipyards in Kerala. 76 percent of the ship's systems are made in India, as part of the government's efforts to focus on local produce.

THE DRIVE reports that the aircraft carrier speed is 28 knots, capable of sailing to a range of 7,500 miles, gas turbine engines made by General Electric. In the Indian aircraft carrier there are no catapult launchers but launching mechanisms and stopping cables for landing aircraft. The team consists of 1,700 officers and sailors, including women. The aircraft carrier was built primarily to carry Russian MiG-29 fighter jets, and if the Indian Navy were to be equipped with larger fighter jets, changes would be required to the structure of the ship

Back
Top Bottom