What's new

U.S. Will Not Let Iran Buy Arms When U.N. Embargo Ends: Pompeo

Who cares about the difference between jet fighter and wwii airplanes...germans produced first cruise/ballistic/anti-ship/air defense/anti-tank and smart bomb....Yet they lost the war...because war is not just about making 1700 hits at powerplants and airfields.

And yes it was me who opened a thread about biological weapons....any argument?

Kid, ....Air force was of little utility for Iran and you lost battles of the ground because Iranian air force was incapable of high rates of sorties, due to lack of ammunitions and spare parts

You are free to discuss air force role in 1991 Gulf War and Arab Israeli Wars and Yougoslavia.

Your very claim of little utility of "130 Su-30's" simply makes you the kind of boy which doesn;t even worth time to answer

LOL...You claimed that 34bln is turkish budget revenue from tourism in times when 34bln is part of Turkish GDP from tourism and yet you claim that I don't know the difference....LOL.

Wasn't you the kid who claimed that you ballistic missiles launches will destroy economy of entire Turkey?

Abqaiq is oil stabilization facility...

You are free to invent your personal amateurish theories of warfare, kid, you can also learn from video games.

Did somebody here talked about tomohawks----after tomohawks 90.000 aircraft sorties follow as example of 1991 gulf war shows

You can also believe Iranian generals claim that F-313 is a 5th generation fighter

You don't know shit about modern warfare, so please don't waste my time with your idiotic theories
Hey bro, all i just want to point out is that while i generally agree with your analysis that Iran's airforce component is relatively weak and needs improvement, no one is doubting that. The issue i want to clarify is how we generalize Iran's "missles" - i feel we have to distinguish and clarify which types we are talking about. With the proliferation of many effective air defense systems in Iran, Iran's airspace is difficult to penetrate and degrade(i've read some US reports on them, and its still alot of work for US airforce to do that before the ground in Iran would be ripe for invasion). Iran will do most of its military activity either in or near Iran's territory. The US is also worried about losing fighter jets, because of the symbolic victory it gives Iran AND demoralizing effect on US troop morale. Facts on the ground show that despite having a huge airforce, US military still hasnt found Iran "ripe" enough to be attacked or Invaded, so there is deterrence....despite an apparentl weak airfoce. Bavar 373 being able to track and engage 10s of targets is a game changer....once Iran combines enough #s of Bavar with the S300s, plus 3rd of Khordad, Tabas, etc systems, Iran's airspace is already locked up....any fighter jets that enter will only last so long b4 they get hit..they have to at least be stealth planes to not get caught soon.

Its a legit question why China and Russia do not emphasis as much as Iran on their BM force and why they still have conventional airpower.

1. BMs were traditionally only really useful when nuclear. Only the Scud was cheap and simple enough to be used conventionally and out to its 300km had some kind of sufficient accuracy against areal targets.
Then came the Tochka that had tactical level accuracy but at very limited range
But Soviets always had nuclear warheads for their better BMs the Oka and Pioneer and hence those missiles were not cost efficient conventionally.
The Chinese had a similar situation: Initially their BMs were primary nuclear tipped. Quite expensive solid fuel designs that made no economic sense to be used conventionally and they also lacked accuracy for that task.

2. Both states has their airforce as a influential state institution back from the days when conventional airpower was the most powerful asset. They had no gap and developed themselves continuously and importantly ingeniously.
Hence their airpower concept was always in competition with air defense and ballistic/cruise missile forces.
They fight not to loose their jobs basically.

3. With the Oka, Soviets finally went into the right direction, it was expensive but quite accurate to take out high value objects conventionally. The U.S of course insisted the Oka arsenal to be demolished even in its conventional variants via the INF threathy.
INF was a major reason why the U.S and much more so Russia restricted their missile forces and had to stick with conventional airpower.
Iskander is good but too limited in range due to INF and too expensive in its design to compete with lower end airpower.
Chinese DF-16, -17, -21, -26 some with MaRV are now entering service in increased numbers to tackle enemy high value assets. In their design they are still expensive due to their nuclear heritage but China has sufficient budget to acquire them.
With strong airpower and due to the development history of both counties Russia and China only employ their missile forces, where it is too risky to employ their airpower.
With the end of INF we will unfortunately see a world wide increase of missile systems that are much harder to counter than the current conventional airpower concept from the last century.

4. China and much more so Russia, have both managed to cope with U.S Tomahawk/CM threat due to their heavy investment into their IADS.
Russian investment in its S-400 force is higher than into its conventional airpower.
Both countries has reached a ground based air defense level at which their vulnerable conventional airpower would not be taken out by U.S CM assets.
Iran is not there yet despite its recent air defense achievements.

5. Both China and Russia are more and more investing towards offensive and defensive missile system instead of their conventional airpower. Here Russia is much more progressive than China and thats one reason why the Su-57 is not acquired immediately in high numbers.

With all those parameters taken into consideration, the decisions made by Russia and China become much clearer and Irans situation in this context too.

Conventional airpower is good for all those other countries, buy it from the U.S and Europe, spend your money on it and let Iran do what makes sense for it.
Thank you, great post. Air power can never seal the deal in a war, it will be ground troops. if you can pound from the air forever but cant send 1 of your men into the capital to control it then whats the use?forever war.

My friend, my whole point was that Lebanon is going to get bombed back to the stone age before, and regardless of Israeli casualties, that's the only way to fight against guerilla terrorists.

It'll radicalize people more, more recruits from Hezbollah.

Lmao this retard is coping so bad, yea we had failures but if you think Hezbollah won you're just autistic

We weren't stabbed in the back, Israeli leadership made a mistake to have the war against Hezbollah and not Lebanon as a whole. Also we cared too much about civilians in the vicinity of Hezbollah. Next war will be against Lebanon. They're gonna be left with no infastracture whatsoever, let's see how long can Hezbollah fight with no electricity.

Vietnam is incomparable.
LOLOLOL!!
Thats hilarious "we cared too much about civilians",man-oh-man have I heard some funny deluded stuff from you zios,but that really takes the cake.I mean after your "cunning plan" to simply repeat the previous invasions and march all the way to the litani fell apart,all you did was lash out in impotent fury against the lebanese civilian population and its infrastructure,but that still didnt stop the rockets from raining down on northern israel,now did it?.
I imagine next time round we`ll likely see a great deal of damage inflicted on israel itself and its civilian population of course,because at this point it seems pretty obvious to everyone,except maybe israel of course,that its strategy of fighting quick dirty little wars on somebody elses soil appears to have finally reached the end of the line,and frankly from where I`m sitting it doesnt really look like israel has any viable alternatives up its sleeve.
If you have to blame something/someone back home for the military defeats that you suffered during the war,then that is in essence "the stab in the back" excuse ie we would`ve of course won if it hadnt been because of those [insert preferred excuse here] back home who prevented us from winning.
PS
How long do you think israel can fight with no electricity?,maybe you`ll get to find out.......

People are still playing video games here....."we will target Dimona bla bla bla"....And what if Israel use nuclear weapons against Iranian cities.

This is what former head of Israeli intelligence service "Nativ" Yakov Kedmi said in an interview after murder of Qassem Suleimani: "If Hezbollah attacks us...this will be the end of Hezbollah......If Iranians attack us...we will do to them something compared to which what Americans will do to them will be a child game....In this case we are more crazy"

Unless Iran has nuclear detterrence, going to conflict with Israel is not a wise idea

People are still playing video games here....."we will target Dimona bla bla bla"....And what if Israel use nuclear weapons against Iranian cities.

This is what former head of Israeli intelligence service "Nativ" Yakov Kedmi said in an interview after murder of Qassem Suleimani: "If Hezbollah attacks us...this will be the end of Hezbollah......If Iranians attack us...we will do to them something compared to which what Americans will do to them will be a child game....In this case we are more crazy"

Unless Iran has nuclear detterrence, going to conflict with Israel is not a wise idea

At this stage of the game Iran needs a viable nuclear deterrence via a short-breakout period but Rouhani and Co., in their infinite wisdom, decided to sign a faulty deal that apparently can't last all that well under duress due to how inherently broken it is since it relies so heavily on the participation of one country, the U.S.A. It really is sad how the other signatories of the accord really can't do jack and are too afraid to stand up to Zionist controlled America but that much was to be expected anyways lol. Guess we just have to wait and see what Iran plans to do....

I agree with you though, from my perspective, Iran can only sting Israel's peripheries but hitting them where it hurts carries a much higher cost to Iran itself as it would seem Israel is the type of nation that wants to hit its opponent with a rock bigger than the one thrown at it. In terms of pure escalatory options, Israel simply outclasses Iran due to their nuclear stockpile.

Last edited:
Hey bro, all i just want to point out is that while i generally agree with your analysis that Iran's airforce component is relatively weak and needs improvement, no one is doubting that. The issue i want to clarify is how we generalize Iran's "missles" - i feel we have to distinguish and clarify which types we are talking about. With the proliferation of many effective air defense systems in Iran, Iran's airspace is difficult to penetrate and degrade(i've read some US reports on them, and its still alot of work for US airforce to do that before the ground in Iran would be ripe for invasion). Iran will do most of its military activity either in or near Iran's territory. The US is also worried about losing fighter jets, because of the symbolic victory it gives Iran AND demoralizing effect on US troop morale. Facts on the ground show that despite having a huge airforce, US military still hasnt found Iran "ripe" enough to be attacked or Invaded, so there is deterrence....despite an apparentl weak airfoce. Bavar 373 being able to track and engage 10s of targets is a game changer....once Iran combines enough #s of Bavar with the S300s, plus 3rd of Khordad, Tabas, etc systems, Iran's airspace is already locked up....any fighter jets that enter will only last so long b4 they get hit..they have to at least be stealth planes to not get caught soon.
There are no real stealth planes anyway, it is just some propaganda. No plane today is really 100% stealth. Perhaps in the future something like that might get developed and produced but for now they just try to give the AD systems a hard time and call it stealth.

You sounded more sane before but you went completely yahoo.

Do you know what the size of Israel is vs Iran ? Iran will survive nuclear attacks by Israel due to its sheer size but Israel will be pushed to the brink of annihilation by just constant raining missile,rocket and mortar fire (We talk about a scenario in which Iran is not even deploying biological,chemical or nuclear weapons). Israel can't nuke Iran without getting their cities turned into a ruble and thousands or perhaps millions of dead Israelis.

On top of that, Iranian forces are bordering Israel and not the other way around. In a complete total war there will be no mercy for Israel.

Next time grab a map and look the size of both countries before making such ridiculous comments.

However, i agree that Hezbollah is at the mercy of Israel but we don't really know what Hezbollah has in store now, 14 years later after their last war with Israel. Frequent Israeli airstrikes in Syria targeting Hezbollah is a sign of clear fear of the Israeli leadership about a game-changing development.

There are no real stealth planes anyway, it is just some propaganda. No plane today is really 100% stealth. Perhaps in the future something like that might get developed and produced but for now they just try to give the AD systems a hard time and call it stealth.
F-35 Is virtually undetectable with todays radars.

Do you know what the size of Israel is vs Iran ? Iran will survive nuclear attacks by Israel due to its sheer size but Israel will be pushed to the brink of annihilation by just constant raining missile,rocket and mortar fire (We talk about a scenario in which Iran is not even deploying biological,chemical or nuclear weapons). Israel can't nuke Iran without getting their cities turned into a ruble and thousands or perhaps millions of dead Israelis.
You think Iran will survive a nuclear attack?
Bro you're funny.

You think conventional weapons are able to destroy a nation, even at the relatively small size of Israel?
You're even funnier.

On top of that, Iranian forces are bordering Israel and not the other way around. In a complete total war there will be no mercy for Israel.
Yea, the same Iranian forces we bomb with absolutely no negative consequences.
Israeli submarines with alleged nuclear weapons are at the Persian Gulf, just saying.

Next time grab a map and look the size of both countries before making such ridiculous comments.
Such a foolish claim

However, i agree that Hezbollah is at the mercy of Israel but we don't really know what Hezbollah has in store now, 14 years later after their last war with Israel. Frequent Israeli airstrikes in Syria targeting Hezbollah is a sign of clear fear of the Israeli leadership about a game-changing development.
Israeli airstrikes targetting Hezbollah shows the opposite, the lack of response from Hezbollah shows clear signs of fear. Israeli airstrikes gave them a legitimate reason to respond, to both Iran, Hezbollah and Syria. They chose not to.

Not only they have 100% stealth planes in the US, but they have invisible planes too:

Trump: If it's invisible, why can I see it?
Marilyn Hewson: Mr President, it's invisible only to the eyes of the enemies.
Trump: Oh, I see! (proceeds to the conference)

well, an syrian "bird" saw it and damaged it

Bro you're funny.

Will Israel survive it?

You think conventional weapons are able to destroy a nation, even at the relatively small size of Israel?
You're even funnier.

conventional weapons are enough to paralize a country, no need to go nuclear

yeah, the consequences are that Israel is now encircled from 3 directions, because of your foolishness

Israeli submarines with alleged nuclear weapons are at the Persian Gulf, just saying.

And so is Santa Claus

Israeli airstrikes targetting Hezbollah shows the opposite, the lack of response from Hezbollah shows clear signs of fear. Israeli airstrikes gave them a legitimate reason to respond, to both Iran, Hezbollah and Syria. They chose not to.

You assume "lack of response" as weakness, it is not.
Hezbollah is not taking the bait....strategic patience it is....your days are numbered

Last edited:
well, an syrian "bird" saw it and damaged it

Will Israel survive it?

conventional weapons are enough to paralize a country, no need to go nuclear

yeah, the consequences are that Israel is now encircled from 3 directions, because of your foolishness

And so is Santa Claus

You assume "lack of response" as weakness, it is not.
Hezbollah is not taking this bait....strategic patience it is....your days are numbered

Good thing Israeli subs are supposedly near Iran, hopefully Iran can blow them up and salvage the wreckage lol.

That is because Israel usually informs Hezbollah, and Iran, before it conducts an attack. Simply put, all parties have accepted Syria to be a free-for-all playground where the rules of the game are relatively loose compared to the other theatres of this ongoing war.

You are way too optimistic in your analysis. Fact is that Israel is facing an unprecedented threat of a determined and sophisticated enemy which has bolstered its capabilities up to the point that it now can strike targets in the region with extreme precision. Combined with Hezbollah being an extremely well-armed and competent force that has managed to create a mutual deterrence situation with one of the most successfully military states in the region (Israel), and you can guess why pretty much every military and political official in Tel Aviv is deeply worried.

And I'm not even speaking of Iran being a de facto nuclear threshold state that has the ability to go fully nuclear if it has the political will. The strategic landscape has never been so dire for Israel imo.

That is because Israel usually informs Hezbollah, and Iran, before it conducts an attack. Simply put, all parties have accepted Syria to be a free-for-all playground where the rules of the game are relatively loose compared to the other theatres of this ongoing war.

You are way too optimistic in your analysis. Fact is that Israel is facing an unprecedented threat of a determined and sophisticated enemy which has bolstered its capabilities up to the point that it now can strike targets in the region with extreme precision. Combined with Hezbollah being an extremely well-armed and competent force that has managed to create a mutual deterrence situation with one of the most successfully military states in the region (Israel), and you can guess why pretty much every military and political official in Tel Aviv is deeply worried.

And I'm not even speaking of Iran being a de facto nuclear threshold state that has the ability to go fully nuclear if it has the political will. The strategic landscape has never been so dire for Israel imo.

The fact that Israel hasn't tried to go back into Lebanon in the past 14 years is a clear testament in how things have changed just as you've said.

These strikes here and there aren't really changing the overall strategic picture either other than making the IDF look strong on the surface: Syria is gaining back land and rebuilding, Hezbollah is just not the same organization it was back in 2006 given just how strong and professional it has become today and Iran is still somehow chugging along, sanctions be damned. This new decade will bring in a bunch of new surprises as well, of this we can all be sure of.

Anyways, all these Israelis have to hold over Iran is their beloved genocidal 'bagel' nukes and their ZOG-DOG U.S.A who will shield them from any real economic damage.

Time will tell though, I don't wish for Israel to go away or their destruction but as a nation, but Israel needs to be reminded that they're aren't "invincible" and that they aren't the king-maker of the region like they so deluded think they will one day become.

The fact that Israel hasn't tried to go back into Lebanon in the past 14 years is a clear testament in how things have changed just as you've said.

These strikes here and there aren't really changing the overall strategic picture either other than making the IDF look strong on the surface: Syria is gaining back land and rebuilding, Hezbollah is just not the same organization it was back in 2006 given just how strong and professional it has become today and Iran is still somehow chugging along, sanctions be damned. This new decade will bring in a bunch of new surprises as well, of this we can all be sure of.

Anyways, all these Israelis have to hold over Iran is their beloved genocidal 'bagel' nukes and their ZOG-DOG U.S.A who will shield them from any real economic damage.

Time will tell though, I don't wish for Israel to go away or their destruction but as a nation, but Israel needs to be reminded that they're aren't "invincible" and that they aren't the king-maker of the region like they so deluded think they will one day become.
What they don't understand is that you don't need nuclear bombs to make a land inhabitable for decades. Dirty bombs will do the trick. And Iran has enough radioactive materials at its disposal with decade long halftimes that can expose Israelis to extreme radiation worse than the Chernobyl incident.

I never fall for apocalyptic scenarios. But we have had chemical weapons since 1960s or earlier and we can produce all types of nerve agents en mass any time we please although we are fundamentally against chemical weapons. We have an active biological warfare program and we have one of the world's leading pharmaceutical industries and stem cell research programs to support it. Our proxies alone have enough missiles to bring life in Israel to a halt by targeting all their vital infrastructures including but not restricted to power plants, water desalination and sanitation plants, gas stations, hospitals and of course Dimona.

The chance of Iran surviving Israel's nuclear strikes is still higher than 2 inch by 2 inch Israel surviving Iran's response.

Bro you're funny.

You're even funnier.

Such a foolish claim

Beny, you know it, i know it, everyone knows it. Israel is too small to fight a large country like Iran. Unlike Israel, Iran has been hit by WMD's before and knows how to cope with such a scenario.

Israel defeating Iran is a ridiculous thing to say, i guarantee you say this to someone in Iran and they will laugh at your face. Only Hezbollah is enough to make you busy, Iran's own army is just an additional asset to fight you guys.

For a country the size of Tehran, yes, Iran's missile arsenal is enough to degrade the entire Israel to a pile of rubble.

The people who argue that Iran is demonstrating weakness in Syria because it does not reply to Israeli attacks are short-sighted, and know nothing of the strategic developments that are taking place in the region. The fact that Iran has managed to entrench itself militarily in Syria is a testimony of how decisive Iranian support has been in the civil war, and how Iran has managed to quickly turn everything upside down. Whereas Iran at the beginning of the Syrian civil war tried to desperately hold on to its influence in the region by protecting a weakened government in Damascus that was on the brink of being toppled, it now is actively increasing its military footprint in a number of areas (Aleppo, Deir ez-Zor) that have been unreachable for Iran throughout most of its history.

Israel is not bombing in Syria out of strength or a favourable strategic landscape that has provided it with the ability to degrade the capabilities of its enemies. It is bombing because its arch-nemesis has turned a challenge into an opportunity, and is now making inroads in places where it was never active before.

Back
Top Bottom