What's new

U.S. Will Not Let Iran Buy Arms When U.N. Embargo Ends: Pompeo

You are not familiar with Israel's insanity .? , their crimes against the local civilians of their enemy nations have been exposed long ago and is available for you to study them. If Israel is going to suffer heavy losses (i dont know what their redline or threshold is) be sure that they will fully aim to destroy the whole infrastructure of Lebanon and other nations. Just look what the Israeli member here said ''They're gonna be left with no infastracture whatsoever, let's see how long can Hezbollah fight with no electricity.''

As a nation that voted for Netanyahu constantly for over 24+ years they have proven beyond doubt that their insanity is well worth considering by their enemy nations.

Long story short, if Hezbollah is going to own them big time and make them suffer heavy casualties and humiliate them infront of the world they will just bomb Lebanon to the stone age in a extremely horrific manner. It is just their past actions that make this gruesome future prediction look very realistic.

However, i do not think there will be a war between Hezbollah and Israel in the coming 10 or even 20 years. A war between Hezbollah and the USA is a more realistic scenario.
My friend, my whole point was that Lebanon is going to get bombed back to the stone age before, and regardless of Israeli casualties, that's the only way to fight against guerilla terrorists.

They can obviously leave Hezbollah with no electricity, but will those settlers in Israel stay there when Israel has no electricity? What if Hezbollah hits their water desalination plants? It has been proven that the accuracy of Iranian missiles is much better than previously anticipated. And Hezbollah now has weapons that can hit anywhere in Israel.

They vote for Netanyahu because they believe Netanyahu is keeping them safe. Safety and security are by far the most important concerns of the settlers.

I just told you why they wouldn't do that. Hezbollah now can hit their vital infrastructures as well. What good does it serve Israelis to send Lebanon to stone age when their own country will suffer too?
How long can you launch missiles for until Lebanon is in rubble?
You are forgetting that Israeli air defenses have been upgraded extensively since and as a result of 2006. Soon laser defense systems which are in an advanced development stage will render the complete majority of rockets useless, all that in addition to Arrow, David's Sling and Iron Dome system.

My friend, my whole point was that Lebanon is going to get bombed back to the stone age before, and regardless of Israeli casualties, that's the only way to fight against guerilla terrorists.

It is a strategy that is born out of impotence.

The threat to destroy Lebanon's infrastructure will not stop Iran or Hezbollah when push comes to shove.

Hi again Ketchup

If you look at the stats, they show anything but your caring for civilians. You killed far more civilians than Hezbollah fighters. You even targeted UN personnel. What else could you do that you didn't?

Actually, your leadership didn't make a mistake. Your leadership believes that it is in Israel's best interest to tell people that Israel loves the people of your enemy countries but the problem is with some particular people who oppose Israel's existence. YouTube is filled with (cringeworthy) comments by Israelis that say Israelis love Iranians. lol You understand perfectly well that giving a peace loving face while killing civilians is a lot better than killing civilians and uniting your enemies against you. Although the Lebanese army is incompetent, I'm sure that Israel would've had many more problems had you declared a war on all of Lebanon because then you would've turned all Lebanese people against you and not just Hezbollah supporters. And Hezbollah would've recruited more soldiers hating you with a passion that way.

As for the next war, Hezbollah now has game changing weapons that can cause more casualties in Israel. They can target Tel Aviv. And as you know better than me, Israel is a dense country. And your pain tolerance is low as we all saw in the last Israel-Gaza war where 700 something rockets made Israel ask for a ceasefire in 48 hours.
Lebanese civilian casualties are the result of close proximity to Hezbollah fighters and arms.
I'm not talking about targeting civilians specifically, I'm talking about targeting infastracture, while maintaining a complete blockade over Lebanon.

Hezbollah is stronger than the Lebanese army, and is basically acting like it. Hezbollah can recuit as many civilians as they like, to become anything useful you need months of training. By those months electricity and communications would be long gone in Lebanon.

It is a strategy that is born out of impotence.

The threat to destroy Lebanon's infrastructure will not stop Iran or Hezbollah when push comes to shove.
It will definitely stop any force in Lebanon, Iranian or it's proxies, from resisting against Israel.

You are forgetting that Israeli air defenses have been upgraded extensively since and as a result of 2006. Soon laser defense systems which are in an advanced development stage will render the complete majority of rockets useless, all that in addition to Arrow, David's Sling and Iron Dome system.
It's not about the length of time, it's about what those projectiles hit. Rockets can be used to increase your casualties whereas missiles can target your vital infrastructures. It won't be a one-sided war where only Lebanon's infrastructures get hit and yours remain intact like before. I'm sure IDF generals know this and this is why there hasn't been another war with Lebanon until now.

Laser defense systems haven't become operational yet and it is very possible that they don't become operational in the next 10 years. As for your current defense systems, they didn't do very well against Hamas basic rockets.

There is a reason why Israel is conducting aerial attacks in Syria to prevent Hezbollah from getting Iranian arms/technology, and why it publicly threatens to take action against Hezbollah if it establishes precision missile factories on Lebanese soil.

The threat is real, and your missile defense systems are unlikely to be able to intercept every missile/drone from Lebanon in case of war.

It will definitely stop any force in Lebanon, Iranian or it's proxies, from resisting against Israel.

You are being incredibly naive if you think that Israel's threat to target civilian infrastructure in Lebanon will prevent Iran/Hezbollah from resisting against Israel when pushes come to shove.

It's not about the length of time, it's about what those projectiles hit. Rockets can be used to increase your casualties whereas missiles can target your vital infrastructures. It won't be a one-sided war where only Lebanon's infrastructures get hit and yours remain intact like before. I'm sure IDF generals know this and this is why there hasn't been another war with Lebanon until now.

Laser defense systems haven't become operational yet and it is very possible that they don't become operational in the next 10 years. As for your current defense systems, they didn't do very well against Hamas basic rockets.
Israeli infastracture far outnumbers the number of missiles Iran has, let alone Hezbollah.
The reason there was no war with Lebanon is because Hezbollah is held on a leash by Iran, as stated by @Surenas , remember 2006 was caused by Hezbollah's aggression, we never want war but we will absolutely crush anyone if it comes to it.

Laser defense systems are definitely the system of tomorrow, Israel already employs relatively low power laser systems against drones and kites in the Gaza border.
Our Iron Dome destroyed over 90% of the rockets it targeted, rockets that were meant to hit populated areas.

There is a reason why Israel is conducting aerial attacks in Syria to prevent Hezbollah from getting Iranian arms/technology, and why it publicly threatens to take action against Hezbollah if it establishes precision missile factories on Lebanese soil.

The threat is real, and your missile defense systems are unlikely to be able to intercept every missile/drone from Lebanon in case of war.

You are being incredibly naive if you think that Israel's threat to target civilian infrastructure in Lebanon will prevent Iran/Hezbollah from resisting against Israel when pushes come to shove.
There is also a reason neither Hezbollah, nor Syria and nor Iran respond to those bombings.

We bomb those missiles out of an attempt to weaken Hezbollah, Syria and IRGC forces in Syria, not out of knowledge we can't deal with those missiles with our interceptors.

I'm not saying Hezbollah won't try to resist, I'm saying it will be futile, Israel will have an easier time with communication between Hezbollah members and Lebanese people overall cut, massive shortage of fuel, bridges destroyed, water and fuel pumps unable to operate due to electricity being shut down, etc etc.

Israeli infastracture far outnumbers the number of missiles Iran has, let alone Hezbollah.
The reason there was no war with Lebanon is because Hezbollah is held on a leash by Iran, as stated by @Surenas , remember 2006 was caused by Hezbollah's aggression, we never want war but we will absolutely crush anyone if it comes to it.

Laser defense systems are definitely the system of tomorrow, Israel already employs relatively low power laser systems against drones and kites in the Gaza border.
Our Iron Dome destroyed over 90% of the rockets it targeted, rockets that were meant to hit populated areas.

Not really. I am sure that the number of missiles at the disposal of Hezbollah alone far exceeds the number of desalination plants, power plants, water sanitation stations and food factories of Israel + Dimona.

Yeah, nobody is arguing that they are the systems of 'tomorrow'.
If your Iron Dome was so successful, which is disputed, why did you ask for a ceasefire after 48 hours?

Not really. I am sure that the number of missiles at the disposal of Hezbollah alone far exceeds the number of desalination plants, power plants, water sanitation stations and food factories of Israel + Dimona.

Yeah, nobody is arguing that they are the systems of 'tomorrow'.
If your Iron Dome was so successful, which is disputed, why did you ask for a ceasefire after 48 hours?
I said infastructure, not specific infastructure.
Also, you are still wrong. Especially when it comes to the number of missiles Hezbollah owns after they're bombed before they launched, or intercepted/miss after.

They are really almost here. A 100kw laser system, capable of intercepting large missiles and rockets, is supposed to be deployed operationally until next year. Prototypes already exist. Your friends here don't believe there will be a war within the next 10 years anyways.

Both sides asked for a cease fire, as for why we accepted it, we had the Eurovision the same week, otherwise it would have been cancelled.

I said infastructure, not specific infastructure.
Also, you are still wrong. Especially when it comes to the number of missiles Hezbollah owns after they're bombed before they launched, or intercepted/miss after.

They are really almost here. A 100kw laser system, capable of intercepting large missiles and rockets, is supposed to be deployed operationally until next year. Prototypes already exist. Your friends here don't believe there will be a war within the next 10 years anyways.

Both sides asked for a cease fire, as for why we accepted it, we had the Eurovision the same week, otherwise it would have been cancelled.
Well, guess what? They have solid fuel missiles. So, you'd better count at intercepting them.

I never count on if's. Once the technology is there and it has been proven to work as advertised, then I take it into consideration. Until then, it's just something that exists in the minds of engineers.

Why did you start a war close to that time if you cared so much about Eurovision? And I'm ignoring the obvious fact that Israel is not in Europe. So, maybe Eurovision was a second plan just in case that your war with Gaza didn't go as planned? Just wondering... :P

Well, guess what? They have solid fuel missiles. So, you'd better count at intercepting them.
Or count on them missing/not exploding on impact, like the Iranian attack on the US airbase in Iraq showed. Or just count on Israel destroying them, like we did in 2006 with airstrikes and commando units taking out launcher squads.

I never count on if's. Once the technology is there and it has been proven to work as advertised, then I take it into consideration. Until then, it's just something that exists in the minds of engineers.
If you never count on ifs, why count on an Israeli defeat in a war that is yet to even happen, if it will happen at all?
Until then, it's just something that exists in the mind of tacticians.

Why did you start a war close to that time if you cared so much about Eurovision? And I'm ignoring the obvious fact that Israel is not in Europe. So, maybe Eurovision was a second plan just in case that your war with Gaza didn't go as planned? Just wondering... :P
There was no war, just a short conflict.
On how it has started, it wasn't Israel that started it. 2 Israeli soldiers were injured by a sniper at a protest in the Gaza border,as a response we launched an airstrike that killed 2 Hamas members, the next day Hamas launched 250 rockets into Israel that injured one person and the escalation began.

How is the fact Israel not in Europe related?

Or count on them missing/not exploding on impact, like the Iranian attack on the US airbase in Iraq showed. Or just count on Israel destroying them, like we did in 2006 with airstrikes and commando units taking out launcher squads.

If you never count on ifs, why count on an Israeli defeat in a war that is yet to even happen, if it will happen at all?
Until then, it's just something that exists in the mind of tacticians.

There was no war, just a short conflict.
On how it has started, it wasn't Israel that started it. 2 Israeli soldiers were injured by a sniper at a protest in the Gaza border,as a response we launched an airstrike that killed 2 Hamas members, the next day Hamas launched 250 rockets into Israel that injured one person and the escalation began.

How is the fact Israel not in Europe related?
The Iranian attack on the US airbase showed one thing: the targets were destroyed very precisely. And how do you plan to destroy a solid fuel missile? I understand how you can detect and react to a liquid missile getting prepared to be launched at you. And Hezbollah didn't have many missiles, if any, at that time.

I never 'counted on' an Israeli defeat in the next war. I proposed it as a likely scenario based on past experiences.

Well, both sides tell different stories. The story of Israel and Palestinian conflicts is always polluted with people pointing the finger at each other for starting it. Nevertheless, Israel is not a European country to host Eurovision. And it was your first Eurovision. No? Maybe it was your second plan to save face? That's how it becomes relevant.

The Iranian attack on the US airbase showed one thing: the targets were destroyed very precisely. And how do you plan to destroy a solid fuel missile? I understand how you can detect and react to a liquid missile getting prepared to be launched at you. And Hezbollah didn't have many missiles, if any, at that time.
Very precisely except the 11 missiles that completely missed/didn't detonate.

By bombing the missile before it launches, what do you mean how?
We hunted rocket launchers, the same would happen with missile launchers.

I never 'counted on' an Israeli defeat in the next war. I proposed it as a likely scenario based on past experiences.
Missed my point.
If you never count on "ifs", don't talk about completely hypothetical wars that currently don't take place.

Well, both sides tell different stories. The story of Israel and Palestinian conflicts is always polluted with people pointing the finger at each other for starting it. Nevertheless, Israel is not a European country to host Eurovision. And it was your first Eurovision. No? Maybe it was your second plan to save face? That's how it becomes relevant.
No, both sides report the same story, two Israeli soldiers were injured by a sniper of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Israel in response bombed 2 Hamas members, and Hamas, along with the PIJ, launched rockets at us.

Neither is Australia in Europe, that doesn't stop them performing in the Eurovision.
And no, it's not our first time, we hosted the Eurovision in 1979, 1999 and lastly in 2019.
Idk what plan you're talking about

Very precisely except the 11 missiles that completely missed/didn't detonate.
Except that if my memory serves me well, we launched 13 missiles overall, and 11 very precise impact points were seen in satellite photos that are available on the forum. And it is perfectly possible that more than one missile hit the same spot.

By bombing the missile before it launches, what do you mean how?
We hunted rocket launchers, the same would happen with missile launchers.
Exactly. For a liquid missile, targeting the launcher is easy because preparing the missile before launching takes a while (like 30 minutes). You won't have that much time to target a solid missile before it's launched.

Missed my point.
If you never count on "ifs", don't talk about completely hypothetical wars that currently don't take place.
We are discussing a potential conflict because it is a military forum, but we are discussing it within the current information that exists. Maybe in future Tesla weapons get built and people can target a country with laser thousands of miles away. But as they don't exist now, we can't take them into consideration.

Neither is Australia in Europe, that doesn't stop them performing in the Eurovision.
And no, it's not our first time, we hosted the Eurovision in 1979, 1999 and lastly in 2019.
Idk what plan you're talking about
And guess what? If you read the comments, people ask the same question about Australia. Anyway, hosting a music event is not a good reason to ask for a ceasefire.

Well, you Israelis never cared about civilian casualties anyway. You might as wel nuke Lebanon and no one will do anything meaningful. I don't want to hear humanitarian nonsense from the Israelis.

Well, you Israelis never cared about civilian casualties anyway. You might as wel nuke Lebanon and no one will do anything meaningful. I don't want to hear humanitarian nonsense from the Israelis.
Whatever bro

Except that if my memory serves me well, we launched 13 missiles overall, and 11 very precise impact points were seen in satellite photos that are available on the forum. And it is perfectly possible that more than one missile hit the same spot.
Your memory deceived you.
Exactly. For a liquid missile, targeting the launcher is easy because preparing the missile before launching takes a while (like 30 minutes). You won't have that much time to target a solid missile before it's launched.
Israel was taking out rockets that take far less time to set up and fire than any solid-fueled missile.
Besides, there are missiles in storage, missiles on transit, missiles preparing to fire, many opportunities to take them out before launch, like happened in Operation Destiny in 2006.

We are discussing a potential conflict because it is a military forum, but we are discussing it within the current information that exists. Maybe in future Tesla weapons get built and people can target a country with laser thousands of miles away. But as they don't exist now, we can't take them into consideration.
Use your words more precisely, you do count on ifs then, and that laser weapon system is very much valid.
You can't talk about future warfare and not take future weapon systems into consideration, especially ones that are almost complete, and will definitely be acquired in high numbers in case of conflict.

And guess what? If you read the comments, people ask the same question about Australia. Anyway, hosting a music event is not a good reason to ask for a ceasefire.
What's your point though?
Israel didn't ask for a ceasefire, Israel killed Hamas commanders left and right, Hamas commanders were terrified due to the number of assassinations and they were the ones that asked for a cease-fire. We accepted it because of the Eurovision, we were fully prepared to cancel it if the fighting kept on going.

Back
Top Bottom