What's new

U.S. Will Not Let Iran Buy Arms When U.N. Embargo Ends: Pompeo

What they don't understand is that you don't need nuclear bombs to make a land inhabitable for decades. Dirty bombs will do the trick. And Iran has enough radioactive materials at its disposal with decade long halftimes that can expose Israelis to extreme radiation worse than the Chernobyl incident.

I never fall for apocalyptic scenarios. But we have had chemical weapons since 1960s or earlier and we can produce all types of nerve agents en mass any time we please although we are fundamentally against chemical weapons. We have an active biological warfare program and we have one of the world's leading pharmaceutical industries and stem cell research programs to support it. Our proxies alone have enough missiles to bring life in Israel to a halt by targeting all their vital infrastructures including but not restricted to power plants, water desalination and sanitation plants, gas stations, hospitals and of course Dimona.

The chance of Iran surviving Israel's nuclear strikes is still higher than 2 inch by 2 inch Israel surviving Iran's response.

I hope it doesn't get to that point and that Iran-Israel can reach some sort of agreement about their respective standings in the region but those chances seem, for now, slim to none.

Beny, you know it, i know it, everyone knows it. Israel is too small to fight a large country like Iran. Unlike Israel, Iran has been hit by WMD's before and knows how to cope with such a scenario.

Israel defeating Iran is a ridiculous thing to say, i guarantee you say this to someone in Iran and they will laugh at your face. Only Hezbollah is enough to make you busy, Iran's own army is just an additional asset to fight you guys.

For a country the size of Tehran, yes, Iran's missile arsenal is enough to degrade the entire Israel to a pile of rubble.

This is where I do find myself disagreeing with some members here on PDF though Rukarl, respectively speaking Iran just doesn't have enough BMs in its inventory to "destroy" Israel, whatever that truly does entail. The BMs that Iran has can hit sensitive big-ticket targets, sure, but I don't think there enough to just outright destroy Israel as a nation to be completely honest with you.

Idk, maybe if Iran had some 50,000 BMs then we might be able to see where that argument was going but currently Iran sits around 3,000-5,000 BMs and those are simply not enough to destroy Israel but it can hurt them for sure.

I hope it doesn't get to that point and that Iran-Israel can reach some sort of agreement about their respective standings in the region but those chances seem, for now, slim to none.
Israeli's, for obvious reasons, always elect warmongers to lead their country. There is no chance for peace with a warmonger like Netanyahu.

Look what they are doing to the native Palestinians. How can someone take a bunch of warmongers seriously ?

This is where I do find myself disagreeing with some members here on PDF though Rukarl, respectively speaking Iran just doesn't have enough BMs in its inventory to "destroy" Israel, whatever that truly does entail. The BMs that Iran has can hit sensitive big-ticket targets, sure, but I don't think there enough to just outright destroy Israel as a nation to be completely honest with you.

Idk, maybe if Iran had some 50,000 BMs then we might be able to see where that argument was going but currently Iran sits around 3,000-5,000 BMs and those are simply not enough to destroy Israel but it can hurt them for sure.
Wrong, the true number of Iranian BM's are unknown. But considering that they have been producing them for almost 40 years the amount must be huge.

This is just Iran's inventory, nevermind its second inventory, eg Hezbollah or the Houthis or other groups.

Israeli's, for obvious reasons, always elect warmongers to lead their country. There is no chance for peace with a warmonger like Netanyahu.

Look what they are doing to the native Palestinians. How can someone take a bunch of warmongers seriously ?

Haha true, well I believe Iran takes Israel seriously but I don't think Iran views Israel as a nation that can sit at negotiating table with the notion of haggling fairly and being level with the other parties involved. Israel wants to be in a position of power whilst marginalizing everyone else, specifically the other party.

Haha true, well I believe Iran takes Israel seriously but I don't think Iran views Israel as a nation that can sit at negotiating table with the notion of haggling fairly and being level with the other parties involved. Israel wants to be in a position of power whilst marginalizing everyone else, specifically the other party.
Iran doesn't recognize Israel. It is out of the question.

Wrong, the true number of Iranian BM's are unknown. But considering that they have been producing them for almost 40 years the amount must be huge.

This is just Iran's inventory, never mind its second inventory, eg Hezbollah or the Houthis or other groups.

There really isn't any rational evidence to support the notion that Iran has BMs counts in the 10,000s. We know through the Pentagon (whose number is grossly low) that Iran has over 2,000. Through logical deduction we can safely say that number is around 5,000. But to say that Iran is in possession of way more than 5,000 (which is in an already insane number btw) Ballistic missiles is just frankly crazy talk.

Iran's current BM stockpile is enough to destroy critical enemy infrastructure, both civilian and military but BMs alone wont win a war and we do have to take into account the fact that those structures wont be destroyed or out of commission forever and that Iran's enemies will be firing back.

Iran doesn't recognize Israel. It is out of the question.

Officially they don't but there has been some "Dealings" between the two nations in the past either directly or through third-parties.

idk though Rukarl, speaking long-term here, how tenable is Iran's current strategy?

There really isn't any rational evidence to support the notion that Iran has BMs counts in the 10,000s. We know through the Pentagon (whose number is grossly low) that Iran has over 2,000. Through logical deduction we can safely say that number is around 5,000. But to say that Iran is in possession of way more than 5,000 (which is in an already insane number btw) Ballistic missiles is just frankly crazy talk.

Iran's current BM stockpile always it to destroy critical enemy infrastructure, both civilian and military but BMs alone wont win a war and we do have to take into account the fact that those structures wont be destroyed or out of commission forever.
I thought any sane person would avoid reports or guesstimates coming from the Pentagon. We all know how reliable they are, right ?

Like i said, Iran is producing them for almost 4 decades and has a vast and advanced foundation for mass production. Much more than your estimate.

Your estimate would apply to a group like the Houthis, not even Hezbollah. Nevermind Iran.

Officially they don't but there has been some "Dealings" between the two nations in the past either directly or through third-parties.

idk though Rukarl, speaking long-term here, how tenable is Iran's current strategy?

There were no dealings between Israel and Iran except the weapon transfer which Reagan told them to facilitate.

I thought any sane person would avoid reports or guesstimates coming from the Pentagon. We all know how reliable they are, right ?

Like i said, Iran is producing them for almost 4 decades and has a vast and advanced foundation for mass production. Much more than your estimate.

Your estimate would apply to a group like the Houthis, not even Hezbollah. Nevermind Iran.

Fair enough, I respectfully disagree.

Iran's current BM stockpile is enough to destroy critical enemy infrastructure, both civilian and military but BMs alone wont win a war and we do have to take into account the fact that those structures wont be destroyed or out of commission forever and that Iran's enemies will be firing back.
There wasn't any rational evidence to support the notion that Iran has missiles with a CEP of under 3 meters either. In fact, all evidences pointed to the opposite because technically our missiles were developed from Scud-B and Scud-C missiles; both of them were so inaccurate that sometimes Saddam's missiles hit deserts in Karaj instead of Tehran during the Iraq-Iran war. However, recent Iranian activities in the region have confirmed that the CEP of Iran's SRBM's and MRBM's under a 600 km range is indeed under 5m.

The same can be said about Iran's air defense systems. When you look at Iran's air defense systems, at the first glance you see a bunch of old, outdated Russian and American systems that seem completely inept at providing any sort of air protection against modern military equipment. But again, recent developments have proved Iran's air defense to be effective and Bavar-373 is indeed considered potent enough to be better than S300 PMU2.

You also have to consider the human factor. A not very lethal virus like covid-19 has kept billions of people around the world at home for weeks and even months. Now imagine a similar situation with your hospitals destroyed and no water or electricity or gas.

There were no dealings between Israel and Iran except the weapon transfer which Reagan told them to facilitate.

Wasn't there something about past-due oil payments or something not too long ago that Israel refused to pay but Iran took them to international-court?

Beny, you know it, i know it, everyone knows it. Israel is too small to fight a large country like Iran.

Of course, they know this. Iran is simply too strong, too far away.

This has been stated by Israeli officials themselves. Here, watch what ret. IDF Major-General Yair Golan, former Deputy Chief of the General Staff, said to an American audience in 2017:

Relevant comments at 38:30, 48:25 and 52:20:

Last edited:
There wasn't any rational evidence to support the notion that Iran has missiles with a CEP of under 3 meters either. In fact, all evidences pointed to the opposite because technically our missiles were developed from Scud-B and Scud-C missiles; both of them were so inaccurate that sometimes Saddam's missiles hit deserts in Karaj instead of Tehran during the Iraq-Iran war. However, recent Iranian activities in the region have confirmed that the CEP of Iran's SRBM's and MRBM's is indeed under 5m.

The same can be said about Iran's air defense systems. When you look at Iran's air defense systems, at the first glance you see a bunch of old, outdated Russian and American systems that seem completely inept at providing any sort of air protection against modern military equipment. But again, recent developments have proved Iran's air defense to be effective and Bavar-373 is indeed considered potent enough to be better than S300 PMU2.

You also have to consider the human factor. A not very lethal virus like covid-19 has kept billions of people around the world at home for weeks and even months. Now imagine a similar situation with your hospitals destroyed and no water or electricity or gas.

Well the issue I take here is one of feasibility/realism. How realistic would it honestly be for Iran to have 10,000s of BMs when no other nation in the world would even come close to having that many?

I mean we are talking about the production of so many missiles that it would take such a massive effort to produce, store, maintain, field etc... Doesn't that just sound a little outlandish?

Don't get me wrong, I would love for Iran to have 10,000s of BMs of various makes and models but I don't see where the realistic aspect of that lies.

Well the issue I take here is one of feasibility/realism. How realistic would it honestly be for Iran to have 10,000s of BMs when no other nation in the world would even come close to having that many?

I mean we are talking about the production of so many missiles that it would take such a massive effort to produce, store, maintain, field etc... Doesn't that just a little outlandish?

Don't get me wrong, I would love for Iran to have 10,000s of BMs of various makes and models but I don't see where the realistic aspect of that lies.
Very realistic in my opinion. And I have answered this before. How many nations can produce ballistic missiles? I'm not in the mood for counting each one of them now, but it's about 10 countries. Out of this 10 countries, what you see is that all of them face different threats, have different resources, different tools at their disposal and have different military doctrines.

As for Iran, our military doctrine is based on deterrence. We are not a military force like the US or Russia that wants to invade other countries. Our strategy is based on engaging our enemy in a wide area with asymmetric warfare and recently improved A2/AD capabilities. Missiles are our main weapons. That's why we invest most of our military budget in missile development. For other countries, missile development is not their first priority. For us, it is.

How realistic is it for Iran to hit a target hundreds of kilometers away from Iran with high precision knowing that Iran doesn't have a satellite positioning system and its missile program started from only a few Scud-B missiles? But it happened. And it happened more than once.

Very realistic in my opinion. And I have answered this before. How many nations can produce ballistic missiles? I'm not in the mood for counting each one of them now, but it's about 10 countries. Out of this 10 countries, what you see is that all of them face different threats, have different resources, different tools at their disposal and have different military doctrines.

As for Iran, our military doctrine is based on deterrence. We are not a military force like the US or Russia that wants to invade other countries. Our strategy is based on engaging our enemy in a wide area with asymmetric warfare and recently improved A2/AD capabilities. Missiles are our main weapons. That's why we invest most of our military budget in missile development.

How realistic is it for Iran to hit a target hundreds of kilometers away from Iran with high precision knowing that Iran doesn't have a satellite positioning system and its missile program started from only a few Scud-B missiles?

I can get down with that lol, so if you were a betting man how many BMs does Iran have you think?

I can get down with that lol, so if you were a betting man how many BMs does Iran have you think?
I have no clue to be honest, but a pessimistic number is about 10,000 missiles. An optimistic number will be like 25,000 missiles or so. But that's just a guess. It's obviously a classified information.

I have no clue to be honest, but a pessimistic number is about 10,000 missiles. An optimistic number will be like 25,000 missiles or so. But that's just a guess. It's obviously a classified information.

That's a lot man xD, like any nation coming under fire from a country fielding that many missiles is gonna have a really bad day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom