What's new

Turkish Troops Enter Syria

BTW...

This thread is locked for me... I won't reply anymore...

There is nothing to discuss after all these lies about my country, after seeing people supporting a murderer of thousands called Esed there is nothing more to talk...

Just come to battlefield...

1)Crimea under Russian control means they dominate black sea .
2) Syrian Coast under Assad control allows Russia to maintain a permanent navy fleet right infront of Turkey in meditrranean .
3) Recent Russian/Egyptian approachement involving selling Egypt latest Russian weapon system in return for allowing Russian navy to operate close to Alexandria and Suez canal through allowing them to refuel from Egyptian ports Just like Syrian Tartus .
4) Emerging Russian/Israeli./Cyprus partnership in gas and oil in eastern meditranean.

Russia has forced Syria not to respond to any Israeli air-strikes into Syrian territory and made sure Syrian army is no match for Israel through selling cheap soviet era junk.

US will not counter Russia as it seems that Russia is securing Israel through its influence over Syria in return they will leave Russia dominate Eastern medittanean and Russian spheres of influence in Ukraine and Eastern Europe .

Turkey now is in a very dangerous situation and having a presence in Syria is Just one way of limiting effects of Russian encirclement of Turkey but again not enough

What the turkish leadership are doing here is very dangerous. Ignoring the recent rise of Russia is an hazard to the Black sea fleet of TN and Russia will get more involved in Syria.

What is

What is paradox for you?

This operation planned with usa is it enough for you?

They are all suitable for international rules.

We just save our lands over there.

Also we are allways against esad, hizbullah, isil, al kaide, pyd and other idiots <mod edit>. We suppport innocent people over there This is our way

They were against Turkey because Turkey supported the FSA. But why did the Turks support the FSA you may be wandering? Because Assad helped and armed the PKK in Northern Syria in the 90s for the most useless reasons, in fact Turkey almost went to war with Assad before this war even happened. Payback is an bitch no?

Turkey has crossed supporting FSA . Its directly entering war .

I bet you Syria supported PKK like the way Turkey has supported FSA in Syria .

Turkey has crossed supporting FSA . Its directly entering war .

I bet you Syria supported PKK like the way Turkey has supported FSA in Syria .

Dude, the Turkish Air Force was not raining bomb barrels and Gas bombs on Ankara like Assad is when the riot broke out in 2013.

National security?
Thats what guided your policy from the get go in Syria?

Turkey, instead of playing its usual role of mediator, made a concious choice to actively support the rebels in order to overthrow the soveireign government (whether you like that gov. or not) of a neighbour country.
I hardly see how that helps with the national security thing. Especially since Turkey is now exposed to multiple more security threats on its southern border. You have batshit crazy Salafist Jihadis, and then you have Kurish YPG that have taken a lot of control in much of northeastern Syria.

Not to mention that you have effectively turned Syria into an enemy state. Do keep in mind that the Syrian government is still recognized as the sovereign government of Syria. Unless Turkey manages to militarilly overthrow it in long term but that will require resources, long term commitment/occupation and will carry dangers. Especially since Syria is a bordering country.
Turkey can potentially find itself in a debacle, like US in Iraq, should it decide to go further and increase its military precense in Syria.
This Suleiman tomb excuse can be genuine but it can also be a pretext for wider involvement.

Sorry but Turkish policy in Syria so far has made very little sense, if any, from the point of "national security".

Please do check what national security means first my friend. Most of us, especially me is against to Erdogan government's Syria policy from the beginning. But there's a civil war at our borders. Do you think there wouldn't be any mortal shells to land in Turkey, or bullets hitting our buildings if we did not pick a side. We have far enough capabilities for the job. But as I mentioned before, I will <mod edit> mess up our economy so badly where it already is due to the refugee fund given by the government.

What is

What is paradox for you?

Supporting armed groups is something and supporting innocent groups is something else .

This operation planned with usa is it enough for you?

So , that's gonna justify everything . Good point . I didn't know the rules created by USA and the west don't work for them and they're an exception .

They are all suitable for international rules.

o_O

We just save our lands over there.

But this land is not in your mainland but in another country .

Hi .

Its not about what you said . Its about the role Turkey playing in Syria .

Most of my Turkish friends here are simply denying that Turkey is breaking it's own rules .

Not reasonable , If the problem is national security then you should secure your borders , what Turkey is doing in Syria is called entering direct war ( you have crossed the proxy war ) .

If we have to do, we will. There was a conversation at the recent MGK leak. The 2nd chief of Generals Staff was talking to FM and saying "we are ready for thunder strike, we just need orders, we have to do this". I was always against a military intervention for Syria. But now, I urge the military to blow up every single combatant in Northern Syria, be it ISIL, FSA or Assad.

Please do check what national security means first my friend. Most of us, especially me is against to Erdogan government's Syria policy from the beginning. But there's a civil war at our borders. Do you think there wouldn't be any mortal shells to land in Turkey, or bullets hitting our buildings if we did not pick a side. We have far enough capabilities for the job. But as I mentioned before, I will fuvck our economy so badly where it already is due to the refugee fund given by the government.

Actually I dont need to check it.
Yeah there is a civil war at borders. You're just proving my point.

When you have such security threat, thats why you mediate between the different sides to bring the conflict to an end.
You made a concious choice to support one side against the other which meant prolonged conflict, instead of mediating between the opposition and Syrian government to come a compromise.

What the turkish leadership are doing here is very dangerous. Ignoring the recent rise of Russia is an hazard to the Black sea fleet of TN and Russia will get more involved in Syria.

Russia is not interested in the whole of Syria , they only want Syrian coast but Russian Eyes has always been on Egypt and Israel because its what would allow them to effectively take over eastern midettranean and reach red sea comfortably .

Russia does not regard Egypt , Israel and Syria to be part of middle east but rather medittranean , for instance you will not see Russia active in any-other parts of middle east.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom