What's new

Turkish Troops Enter Syria

Guys please stay on topic and dont insult each other.

I agree, N. Syria is long gone since the since 2012, after the seige of Aleppo but it an possibility. Anyways I worried whether the Turkish Army would be dragged into an counter insurgency style warfare with ISIS and the PKK fractions in Syria. TSK has nope been fully modernized yet (T-129, Altays, Anka B UCAV, UMTAS etc)

This area is open space no mountains or anything else besides there are other groups fighting ISIS , Turkish army role would be limited to air-cover and artillery support.

So much for Turkey being a mediator in the region and their "zero problems with neigbours" policy.

This area is open space no mountains or anything else besides there are other groups fighting ISIS , Turkish army role would be limited to air-cover and artillery support.

True, unlike N. Iraq, geography and demographics favors the Turks.

did Iraq care about the times when pkk was launching attacks into attacks into Turkey from their soil?

Iraq is another story and is not related to Syria .

Iraq didn't care because Turkey hadn't shot it's aircrafts for entering a few kilometers into it's soil ( which is not accepted by Syria ) and Turkey was not directly supporting , hosting , organizing armed groups there as well .

Did they ever make a serious honest commitment?

ISIL is not fighting in Turkey but Syrian govenment and they're fighting against Turkey's backed armed groups . as I said , the story was different .

Turkish govt knows that if this conflict continues, ISIL, which is co-operating or at least share the same goal with Assad, will probably gain the northern part, which means that they can stage attacks on Turkey in the future from there.Better to deal with them now while they also have to face FSA and God knows what other groups.

That's not reasonable , If Turkey worries , Then it should secure it's border and find a better solution for Syrian conflict than directly supporting , planning and cooperating with armed rebels ( like what happened in Kessab a few weeks ago ) .

By the way , ISIL and Assad are opposite . Looking at this 3 year civil war and what ISIL has done can prove that .

Last edited:
Where was international laws when little children got killed by air-raids conducted by Assad or ambushes done by FSA? If it's a matter of national security, I won't give a crap about int'laws, so does the Türk Silahlı Kuvvetleri.

events in crimea prompted Turkish recent actions in Syria , Russia is effectively encircling Turkey

Where was international laws when little children got killed by air-raids conducted by Assad or ambushes done by FSA? If it's a matter of national security, I won't give a crap about int'laws, so does the Türk Silahlı Kuvvetleri.

events in crimea prompted Turkish recent actions in Syria , Russia is effectively encircling Turkey

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom