What's new

Turkish Troops Enter Syria

oO.

this all depends on the reaction of syrian govt. now

it depends whether they hate erdogan more or ISIS . if they hate erdogan more , then not a good fate is expected , i suppose
Assad cant do anything he does not control that area at all. His forces are not even anywhere near to it:

158.1398281192.jpg

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Do you think we would ask for permission. Or if we had asked for the permission from Assad, would he permit ?

The problem there is no one to ask , when ISIS entered syria from iraq did they ask for assad permission ?

Syria is now like somalia and foreign troops will be needed to counter terrorism , Assad is barely protecting his capital with foreign troops .

We didn't ask permission, and we don't need it.

In all honesty though, everybody (including Assad) knows that ISIS is a bigger threat so nobody cares. Also, this can be good for Syria as well, because local FSA units can take over if ISIS retreats (and it's easier making a deal with local Syrians than with jihadists), and Turkey projecting its power is also a message to the PYD/PKK.

And Assad needs the PYD to be weakened as well or else he could be facing a Iraq - Northern Iraq situation in the future.

To be honest , I don't think its good for anyone except Turkey that can weaken ISIL in order to let it's allies take power in Syria .

Now I have a question , What if Syrian Army attacks this convoy in it's soil ? According to international laws , They have enough reason and according to your new law in borders that shot 2 of their aircrafts they wouldn't be blamed !!!

To be honest , I don't think its good for anyone except Turkey that can weaken ISIL in order to let it's allies take power in Syria .

Now I have a question , What if Syrian Army attacks this convoy in it's soil ? According to international laws , They have enough reason and according to your new law in borders that shot 2 of their aircrafts they wouldn't be blamed !!!

Syrian army is in no position to enter war with Turkey and if they do it will mean their end in Northern Syria for good .

I did not understand your question. :what:

There may be agreements regarding the re supplying of this base but if there is not this is probably against international laws. Besides I dont think anyone in Syria cares about international laws unless it suits them selves.

did Iraq care about the times when pkk was launching attacks into Turkey from their soil? did they ever make a serious honest commitment?
Turkish govt knows that if this conflict continues, ISIL, which is co-operating or at least share the same goal with Assad, will probably gain the northern part, which means that they can stage attacks on Turkey in the future from there. Better to deal with them now while they also have to face FSA and God knows what other groups.

did Iraq care about the times when pkk was launching attacks into Turkey from their soil? did they ever make a serious honest commitment?
Turkish govt knows that if this conflict continues, ISIL, which is co-operating or at least share the same goal with Assad, will probably gain the northern part, which means that they can stage attacks on Turkey in the future from there. Better to deal with them now while they also have to face FSA and God knows what other groups.

Snip the bud of the weed before it grows.

Probably the end of Damascus as well. TuAF will probably destroy C&C facilities and headquarters of major Syrian divisions.

I am assuming a limited engagement where Turkey attacks ISIS and Syrian army gets in the way , anyway they do not have any military presence in that region , they lost it over 2 years ago.

In the meantime Turkey seems to be quitely planning to secure Buffer zone from Turkish border till the Tomb .

if russia annexed crimea why cant turkey annex northern aleppo

I wonder if we sent atilgans just in case assad is dumb enough to use his airforce in response?

ATILGAN_1.jpg

I am assuming a limited engagement where Turkey attacks ISIS and Syrian army gets in the way , anyway they do not have any military presence in that region , they lost it over 2 years ago.

In the meantime Turkey seems to be quitely planning to secure Buffer zone from Turkish border till the Tomb .

if russia annexed crimea why cant turkey annex northern aleppo
I hope they do something similar so we can atleast secure the Turkmen population and provide a safe zone for other refugees.

I wonder if we sent atilgans just in case assad is dumb enough to use his airforce in response?

ATILGAN_1.jpg

More likely he will use 152mm gun artillery like D-20 to attack Turkey from Loyalist areas like the N. Coastal regions which is largely dominated by his sect.

It can happen if:

1) Syrian army develops teleport.
2) Syrian army turns suicidal.

More likely he will use 152mm gun artillery like D-20 to attack Turkey from Loyalist areas like the N. Coastal regions which is largely dominated by his sect.
So we may actually have to send in way more troops if that happens. Tanks, Artillery, air defence missiles, the whole 9 yards.

Our special ops are probably already working on their aa.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom