What's new

Turkish Troops Enter Syria

I am assuming a limited engagement where Turkey attacks ISIS and Syrian army gets in the way , anyway they do not have any military presence in that region , they lost it over 2 years ago.

In the meantime Turkey seems to be quitely planning to secure Buffer zone from Turkish border till the Tomb .

if russia annexed crimea why cant turkey annex northern aleppo

I agree, N. Syria is long gone since the since 2012, after the seige of Aleppo but it an possibility. Anyways I worried whether the Turkish Army would be dragged into an counter insurgency style warfare with ISIS and the PKK fractions in Syria. TSK has nope been fully modernized yet (T-129, Altays, Anka B UCAV, UMTAS etc)

I agree, N. Syria is long gone since the since 2012, after the seige of Aleppo but it an possibility. Anyways I worried whether the Turkish Army would be dragged into an counter insurgency style warfare with ISIS and the PKK fractions in Syria. TSK has nope been fully modernized yet (T-129, Altays, Anka B UCAV, UMTAS etc)
Might give us a reason to step up the pace.

The problem there is no one to ask , when ISIS entered syria from iraq did they ask for assad permission ?

That's not gonna justify what Turkey is doing right now . What they're doing is against international law ( I guess ) , put Turkey's direct support to terrorist groups in border , shooting Syrian fighter jet while it was targeting Turkey's backed FSA and other armed groups and so on .

The world knows current government as and it is a member of UN as well .

Syria is now like somalia and foreign troops will be needed to counter terrorism ,

Syria has a government and it can deal with armed groups . Foreign troops ( Turkish troops ) are not needed there but what is needed is stopping supporting armed groups in Syria .

The funny part is that , Turkey acts against it's own logic and laws in Syria . They first shot Syrian fighter jet for targeting the terrorists that were fleeing to Turkey and justified that by saying it crossed the borders and now have sent troops to Syrian territory ( not close to the borders but hundreds of kilometers ) without giving permission .

[Assad is barely protecting his capital with foreign troops ..

Are you sure ?!!!

Recent results in Qalamoun and soon in eastern mountains of Gouta tells a different story

Last edited:
@S00R3NA Look jew or whatever you are... We are not supporting any terrorist groups... This is your job...

If we are doing something against international laws just shut up... Just come and get us...

I wonder if we sent atilgans just in case assad is dumb enough to use his airforce in response?

ATILGAN_1.jpg

I hope they do something similar so we can atleast secure the Turkmen population and provide a safe zone for other refugees.

Turkey will use ISIS as an excuse to have permanent military presence in northern syria

That's not gonna justify what Turkey is doing right now . What they're doing is against international law ( I guess ) , put Turkey's direct support to terrorist groups in border , shooting Syrian fighter jet while it was targeting Turkey's backed FSA and other armed groups and so on .

The world knows current government as and it is a member of UN as well .

Syria has a government and it can deal with armed groups . Foreign troops ( Turkish troops ) are not needed there but what is needed is stopping supporting armed groups in Syria .

The funny part is that , Turkey acts against it's own logic and laws in Syria . They first shot Syrian fighter jet for targeting the terrorists that were fleeing to Turkey and justified that by saying it crossed the borders and now have sent troops to Syrian territory ( not close to the borders but hundreds of kilometers ) without giving permission .

You seem an bit naive, the Turks were backing the FSA formal leadership since 2011 but they did not see how the situation would detoried 3 years later with all the foreign fighters flooding in from Iraq and Jordan. True the Turkish government were supplying the FSA army, they did so in order the conventional, moderate and internationally recognized FSA would have the upper hand over not only Assad but also keep the Islamist in check aswell and they were watching the actions of ISIS. Now the ISIS are openingly threatening the Turkish security for over an year or so, hence why this action taken now with the Shah tomb fiasco.

More likely he will use 152mm gun artillery like D-20 to attack Turkey from Loyalist areas like the N. Coastal regions which is largely dominated by his sect.

problem he is busy fighting rebels in latakia , if he targets turkey that would allow opposition there to advance

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom