What's new

Turkish Tea House

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Christianity, the eating of boar and pig is lawful as Christ never condemned the eating of swine, rather he said what matters is what comes out of one's mouth rather than what goes inside a man that corrupts a man.

The Quran also states this:

[The Quran 5:5] Today, all good food is made lawful for you. The food of the people of the scripture (Jews & Christians) is lawful (halal) for you......

So, that said, if swine is considered lawful in Christianity, then it should also be accepted for fellow muslims.

Right?

In Christianity, the eating of boar and pig is lawful as Christ never condemned the eating of swine, rather he said what matters is what comes out of one's mouth rather than what goes inside a man that corrupts a man.

[The Quran 5:5] Today, all good food is made lawful for you. The food of the people of the scripture (Jews & Christians) is lawful (halal) for you......

So, that said, if swine is considered lawful in Christianity, then it should also be accepted for fellow muslims.

Right?
Quran

He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of God.
Surat-ul Baqara (2):173

It's exact same for us too. Only Allah can judge peoples faith. But there are always some assholes who judges my entire nations faith. :disagree:

God is a merciful God, His heart is an ocean of mercy. Repenting one's sin and living a moral life, and aware of one's human flaws while at the same time making the proper atonement , is pleasing to the eyes of God. Be one a jew, a christian , a muslim.

You are right people shouldn't judge each other; the maxim 'Live & Let Live' should be our guiding principle ! :)

But did he really say that - Damn....its hilarious ! :lol:

Yes he did. He's a nice guy, but didn't like when religious talks came up because he would go 'fire and brimstone' on our friends. My set of friends come from different religious backgrounds; christian, hindu, non-believing, muslim etc. So yea, not very healthy. Then i found out that he was also a heavy drinker. His excuse for everything was that he goes to mosque on fridays to ask for forgiveness.

My view is...don't talk the talk. walk the walk.

Right?

Not quite because the verse 5:3 reads as: You are forbidden to eat carrion; blood; pig’s meat; any animal over which any name other than God’s has been invoked; any animal strangled, or victim of a violent blow or a fall, or gored or savaged by a beast of prey, unless you still slaughter it [in the correct manner]; or anything sacrificed on idolatrous altars. You are also forbidden to allot shares [of meat] by drawing marked arrowsb ––a heinous practice– today the disbelievers have lost all hope that you will give up your religion. Do not fear them: fear Me. Today I have perfected your religion for you, completed My blessing upon you, and chosen as your religion islam: [total devotion to God]; but if any of you is forced by hunger to eat forbidden food, with no intention of doing wrong, then God is most forgiving and merciful.

b
A pagan Arab custom. Arrows were also used to make other decisions, as in drawing lots, to determine the will of the idols.

But at the end of the day its your call; if the person is alright with it then who are we to tell him otherwise !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom