What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Assad moved his air defense to the north of the country. Why? In retaliation to Erdogan’s recent remarks about him (Assad). I think Assad get’s uncomfortable about us being so close while not accepting his legitimacy. Guys, we are doing this to ourselves. Without air support and recon countless Turkish soldiers are going to die in vain. :/

We can still take Afrin but casualties will be big. Without air support it more or less levels out the field between TSK and YPG:
-we got no edge in air since we can’t use our jets
-we don’t have edge in recon because we can’t use our UAV’s
-against our armor they have TOW’s, lots!
-they are being supplied by Assad

We really need to shake hands with Assad if we want to not burn ourselves. It is either 1 retreat which is no option. 2 Continue without air support which means huge casualties. 3 Or shake hands with Assad and finish Afrin with approval to use Syrian air space.

Last edited:
Assad moved his air defense to the north of the country. Why? In retaliation to Erdogan’s recent remarks about him (Assad). I think Assad get’s uncomfortable about us being so close while not accepting his legitimacy. Guys, we are doing this to ourselves. Without air support and recon countless Turkish soldiers are going to die in vain. :/
ASSad can't use it's AD sys... on TR aircrafts... and never will...
And if he does..;then it's the best Escuse for Erdogan to take some "Red" areas...

ASSad can't use it's AD sys... on TR aircrafts... and never will...
And if he does..;then it's the best Escuse for Erdogan to take some "Red" areas...

Assad got Iran and Russia behind him. Currently nobody is behind us. Not even NATO.

Assad got Iran and Russia behind him. Currently nobody is behind us. Not even NATO.
That's not how thing works...no one is behind anyone... but everyone "COuld" be behind anyone...

Many think that RU-Iran/ASSad combo is working perfectly...or at least want you to believe..;but it isn't...
Iran/ASSad DO NOT want to give TR a foot in Syria... Giving TR a foothold in Syria is equal to "No more advance" and it will give TR a foot for an unknown period...

RU in the other hand do not really care... but as a power meant for "Balalnce" it has to work on "balancing" those in the area... meaning, it's legitimacy come from his ability to "maintain" a "voice" of power...

But Iran/ASSad are playing against it, let's say, they are "undermining the orders of the one in power -RU" by keeping their dirty game on FSA/TR..whenever they can... like giving support to YPG/PKK, or keeping shelling/advancing in Idlib and the de-escalation zone...

TR is playing the rift btw RU-Iran/ASSad... by playing by the rules, and "Accepting" the misbehavior and dirty games of IR/ASSad... in order to win RU side and therefore putting ahead the "bad student"...

BUT TR is also showing his "anger" (some sort) to RU/IR/ASSad by keeping supporting FSA advance in Idlib, answering to attacks and keeping her Afrin Op ( something IR/ASSad dislike) etc...

Many many other things come into account... But That's just a general view of it...

I suggest the following solution: we fly target drones into Syrian airspace, make them deplete their AA missile reserve then continue operation as usual.

All warfare is based on deception.

Last edited:
Those convoys that are heading to Idlib, could it be that they are originally prepared for Afrin but have to be rerouted to Idlib after recent events? That might partially explain the bad situation in Afrin.

I’ve been reading this thread since the beginning of Afrin operation and it’s amusing to see how moods changed for the past week or so.
What are you guys bunch of millennials? During airborne and seaborne landing in cypress TSK lost close to 500 soldiers. I bet your generation of that time was not panicking and complaining. Some people here lost their moral compass and urging repairing relationship with Assad. Pathetic!

That's not how thing works...no one is behind anyone... but everyone "COuld" be behind anyone...

Many think that RU-Iran/ASSad combo is working perfectly...or at least want you to believe..;but it isn't...
Iran/ASSad DO NOT want to give TR a foot in Syria... Giving TR a foothold in Syria is equal to "No more advance" and it will give TR a foot for an unknown period...

RU in the other hand do not really care... but as a power meant for "Balalnce" it has to work on "balancing" those in the area... meaning, it's legitimacy come from his ability to "maintain" a "voice" of power...

But Iran/ASSad are playing against it, let's say, they are "undermining the orders of the one in power -RU" by keeping their dirty game on FSA/TR..whenever they can... like giving support to YPG/PKK, or keeping shelling/advancing in Idlib and the de-escalation zone...

TR is playing the rift btw RU-Iran/ASSad... by playing by the rules, and "Accepting" the misbehavior and dirty games of IR/ASSad... in order to win RU side and therefore putting ahead the "bad student"...

BUT TR is also showing his "anger" (some sort) to RU/IR/ASSad by keeping supporting FSA advance in Idlib, answering to attacks and keeping her Afrin Op ( something IR/ASSad dislike) etc...

Many many other things come into account... But That's just a general view of it...

CIA wants a war between Iran and Turkey. It would weaken both Turkey and Iran and the only winner would be Israel (and the Kurds). I think we shouldn’t fall for CIA’s game. And we have to realize we don’t have the military, economic and political power to fight Assad (he has Iran and Russia behind him). Sometimes you have to work with the enemy of your enemy and we need everybody on our side to fight PKK right now since it is about our security. All that airheadedness from a certain group of people got us in trouble in Syria in the first place. If you continue with this mentality even worse things are waiting.

Now, it’s clear that afrin YPG doesn’t possess American made TOW. Not even stinger manpads. But they do have Iranian Touphan. They have konkurs atgms. They get resupplied thru loyalist area passing parallel to your positions captured during Euphrates Shield. During that operation, and this is very important so pay attention, it was russian MP unit that got redeployed to afrin. And it was another unit that redeployed to Manbij thus, effectively curbing your ambition.
What does it tell you? You got PLAYED by Russians. Nothing changed for the past 300 years. Russians who humiliated you militarily throughout the history rolling your gains from Caucasus and Balkan’s and they do the same this time around in Syria.

CIA wants a war between Iran and Turkey. It would weaken both Turkey and Iran and the only winner would be Israel (and the Kurds). I think we shouldn’t fall for CIA’s game. And we have to realize we don’t have the military, economic and political power to fight Assad (he has Iran and Russia behind him). Sometimes you have to work with the enemy of your enemy and we need everybody on our side to fight PKK right now since it is about our security. All that airheadedness from a certain group of people got us in trouble in Syria in the first place. If you continue with this mentality even worse things are waiting.
Huh? What kind of conspiracy theory is this? What kind of hashish you smoke?

Take a deep breath... and Go to bed. it's sleeping time...

I’ve been reading this thread since the beginning of Afrin operation and it’s amusing to see how moods changed for the past week or so.
What are you guys bunch of millennials? During airborne and seaborne landing in cypress TSK lost close to 500 soldiers. I bet your generation of that time was not panicking and complaining. Some people here lost their moral compass and urging repairing relationship with Assad. Pathetic!
I'm not, personally I'm sick of this slow progress shit I want to mobilize the army and steamroll my way to Raqqa

As far as the operation concerned. IMO, the “second army NATO” must do better. But you can’t do better because, and this is obvious, Erdogans purges seriously weakened TSK. The vast majority of Turkish armor in afrin don’t have adequate protection. I thought you would draw lessons out of ES but clearly not. That tank that went in flames. It’s obvious tank crews fault. If they dont want dig in Then use terrain(ditch, hills etc) If terrain unfavorable and there is an abandoned house (and there was one) well hide behind the house. The way this operation goes get ready for high casualties. And stop dreaming of manbij, hasake, kobane. Finish afrin first

I'm not, personally I'm sick of this slow progress shit I want to mobilize the army and steamroll my way to Raqqa
I am sure Russians going to be super happy. But see the offer was on the table. Back in 2014. Erdogan was not interested. And now he only has a strip out of ES and some hills in afrin

What is more surprising than to see a new recruit yankee calls it TSK :D
I read Twitter and see how you refer to your military. Don’t be primitive if that satisfies your ego

I don't think we can...Turkey has made a deal with Russia to go in Syria, and neither Russia or Assad would accept any deal which Turkey is free to mobilize the army. They don't trust Turkey and frankly they are right with Erdogan who still continue with "Assad must go".
FSA backed by Turkey is certainly the most Turkey can do.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom