What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I am sure Russians going to be super happy. But see the offer was on the table. Back in 2014. Erdogan was not interested. And now he only has a strip out of ES and some hills in afrin
Erdogan is not a leader he's a charlatan. Fact is elections are coming and he wants a military victory in Syria to boost his image.

I don't think we can...Turkey has made a deal with Russia to go in Syria, and neither Russia or Assad would accept any deal which Turkey is free to mobilize the army. They don't trust Turkey and frankly they are right with Erdogan who still continue with "Assad must go".
FSA backed by Turkey is certainly the most Turkey can do.
Erdogan needs to go, and we need someone at the helm less autistic towards Assad.

If assad goes away, it'll be a victory for Israel and I don't want that. But if Assad gets in the way of our anti-terror operations he needs to be crushed.

Take a deep breath... and Go to bed. it's sleeping time...
This thread is full of uneducated users, conspiracy pushers, clear psychos. Not only among Turks but others as well. Some Malaysian dude wrote that it took yanks 2 years to capture Fallujah. 2 years!! And no one questioned his claim lol.
Another from Pakistan said that Turks should learn from Pakistanis. Are you kidding me? Pakistan lost HINDREDS if not thousands troops. Very poorly equipped. Old weapons and hardware. And even then they don’t want to admit that it was CIA drone program that effectively killed jihadist leaderships in the mountains. That country is a total mess since the days of Zia ul Haqq but they are here to give advices that the best way to fight is the ummah way

This thread is full of uneducated users, conspiracy pushers, clear psychos. Not only among Turks but others as well. Some Malaysian dude wrote that it took yanks 2 years to capture Fallujah. 2 years!! And no one questioned his claim lol.
Another from Pakistan said that Turks should learn from Pakistanis. Are you kidding me? Pakistan lost HINDREDS if not thousands troops. Very poorly equipped. Old weapons and hardware. And even then they don’t want to admit that it was CIA drone program that effectively killed jihadist leaderships in the mountains. That country is a total mess since the days of Zia ul Haqq but they are here to give advices that the best way to fight is the ummah way
it's an open Forum... not an Analyst center. So ofc "Reality" and "truth" will be adapted...
But there is many knowledgable guys/girls outhere... the only problem... they don't show up very much...

I for my part have full confidence in success of this operation, its stalling for the moment but god knows for whatever reason, indication is the inactivity of the airforce in recent days.
Comparing Olive Branch to Euphrates Shield is like comparing apples and oranges for two main reasons, one is the terrain and other is population.
Turkey wont leave a half done job in Afrin, even if its for the sake saving face not to mention national security.

Turkey still has more than enough reserves for the worst case scenario like completely abandoning FSA and doing a invasion with Army if neccessary.
This much i can tell from my part, rest remains to be seen.

Erdogan is not a leader he's a charlatan. Fact is elections are coming and he wants a military victory in Syria to boost his image.

Erdogan needs to go, and we need someone at the helm less autistic towards Assad.

If assad goes away, it'll be a victory for Israel and I don't want that. But if Assad gets in the way of our anti-terror operations he needs to be crushed.
It’s best not to swap horses when you cross the stream. Erdogan should stay but need to watch his rhetoric.
When it comes to dirtbags like Assad you must speak softly and carry big stick. So, when they hit your army column few days ago best course of action not mrls but mrls with taking of Hader. Or taking over Tadef to show that you won’t tolerate Kurdish movement thru loyalist territory. All your so called partners in deescalation game understand force. Brutal force. As far Israel concerned let’s be honest-you had phenomenal relationship with them throughout creation of that state, mutually beneficial at least from military standpoint but new sultan in Istanbul ruined everything

It’s best not to swap horses when you cross the stream. Erdogan should stay but need to watch his rhetoric.
When it comes to dirtbags like Assad you must speak softly and carry big stick. So, when they hit your army column few days ago best course of action not mrls but mrls with taking of Hader. Or taking over Tadef to show that you won’t tolerate Kurdish movement thru loyalist territory. All your so called partners in deescalation game understand force. Brutal force. As far Israel concerned let’s be honest-you had phenomenal relationship with them throughout creation of that state, mutually beneficial at least from military standpoint but new sultan in Istanbul ruined everything
They are, and have always been, the biggest architects of the kurdistan project. Sooner or later the relationships were going to deteriorate. Nowadays Turkey is close to Russia, but same as it was with Israel, it's a temporary thing. Sooner or later we're going to have to fight Russia over Karabagh.

Turkey has no friends in this region other than Azerbaijan. Never had, never will have.

I even said this while Akkuyu power plant was being discussed, it's dumb to rely on Russia for anything. It's futile to try to develop relations with them, at the end of the day they will be our enemies.

I don't think we can...Turkey has made a deal with Russia to go in Syria, and neither Russia or Assad would accept any deal which Turkey is free to mobilize the army. They don't trust Turkey and frankly they are right with Erdogan who still continue with "Assad must go".
FSA backed by Turkey is certainly the most Turkey can do.

Unfortunately at this point we are our worst enemy. We need a political leader that matches his politics with the facts on the ground and military capability. If we don’t accept Assad it isn’t weird that he is sabotaging us. We even can’t use our Air Force and recon. Do people who object to even know what this means? Seems some people live in a dream world.

Perhaps military defeat in Afrin would mean something good for the coming elections. If Erdoğan goes and if the government changes in Turkey they will be definitely pro-secular, pro-security and pro-Assad. With Assad on our side the PKK has no chance in Syria.

They are, and have always been, the biggest architects of the kurdistan project. Sooner or later the relationships were going to deteriorate. Nowadays Turkey is close to Russia, but same as it was with Israel, it's a temporary thing. Sooner or later we're going to have to fight Russia over Karabagh.

Turkey has no friends in this region other than Azerbaijan. Never had, never will have.

I even said this while Akkuyu power plant was being discussed, it's dumb to rely on Russia for anything. It's futile to try to develop relations with them, at the end of the day they will be our enemies.
You close to Russia? Are you sure about that?
There were Turkish handprints all over hmeymim attack on December 31 when some fighter jets were damaged on the ground. Russians kept their mouth shut for the sake “relationship” then rebel unit shut down su-25 and your air force stopped flying over afrin.
You are not close to Russia they were and they will your historical enemy.
If your ally is Azerbaijan I wouldn’t even mention it. When shit hits the fan they will gravitate towards Russia in a heartbeat

You close to Russia? Are you sure about that?
There were Turkish handprints all over hmeymim attack on December 31 when some fighter jets were damaged on the ground. Russians kept their mouth shut for the sake “relationship” then rebel unit shut down su-25 and your air force stopped flying over afrin.
You are not close to Russia they were and they will your historical enemy.
If your ally is Azerbaijan I wouldn’t even mention it. When shit hits the fan they will gravitate towards Russia in a heartbeat
Turkish handprints I seriously doubt that, Israel is my prime suspect.

I don't think the fact that Turkish jets have stopped flying has anything to do with the jet getting shot down anyone could've given those missiles. I think the exchange of artillery fire did it.

I agree on the part about being historical enemies

Some people here have no clue what they are talking about. I swear to god most of you are lucky I'm not a mod or I would have banned all of you for life. People tell you a thousand times how many tunnels they have build IN A MOUNTAIN AREA FOR FUCKS SAKE. And you expect the army to just walz right through there. What are you all crying about?

And then you have retards like this one

Losing over a thousand members " a morale boost" not being able to fight back " a morale boost". FSA is kicking ypgs *** and this retard tries to discredit them because his daddy russia won't allow him 100% pro-turkey opionions. 'It boost their morale so much that they are crying and begging on the streets of europe to help them. Man real morale boost.

Who has no clue what is really going on and spreads literal shit. Most of you remind me of this guy. He was also one of those who was talking about how much of a failure Al-Bab was and how Turkey will fail and retreat. Most experts say the same thing over and over again and most of you just don't want to get in your fucking head. Do you even know how hard it is to get heavy vehicle through those mountains? No you don't because you imagine everything to be like Call of Duty and Battlefield. They literally have no other way of fighting back than using tunnels and ATGMs and you all are like being angsty because retards like the one above write shit like this.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom