What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

no air force needed for the operation depending on strategy

Sorry,but without any air support,whatever the strategy is,it's just total suicide. The TurAF was very active in the begininng at destroying YPD targets,however,a part on few occasions,they are nowhere to be seen to support the troops' advance on the ground.

Sorry,but without any air support,whatever the strategy is,it's just total suicide. The TurAF was very active in the begininng at destroying YPD targets,however,a part on few occasions,they are nowhere to be seen to support the troops' advance on the ground.
Turkish convoy that was supposed to build checkpoints according to de-escalation zone agreement got attacked in Idlib from goverment region, they apparently also deployed AD in the area, i think TurAF is careful for the moment and waits till the dust settles, there is a fragile ceasefire.

If Turkey takes Afrins, the FSA will replace the YPG in the Area and they are very hostile to the SAA.
The civil war in north-west syria will be over once the area covered by Turkish army's observation points along FSA-SAA border. So there wont be any threat towards SAA.

will improve their army skills

Does anyone has an idea why some border locations are so far not touched? For example area around Bulbul and Adah manli. Maydan Ikbis is just meters away from Turkish border.

Does anyone has an idea why some border locations are so far not touched? For example area around Bulbul and Adah manli. Maydan Ikbis is just meters away from Turkish border.

Maybe no strategical points/assets out there... so they are prioritizing those who have it... No need to spread where it' s not needed for current op...they could take it later on...

Maybe no strategical points/assets out there... so they are prioritizing those who have it... No need to spread where it' s not needed for current op...they could take it later on...

That area is important too. Not only it will unite fronts but it will also clear them from the border at that area and there are quite a bit of hills at there. I mean if the manpower is enough it shouldnt be a problem to open multiple fronts. Only explanation comes to my mind is there is not enough manpower. Which is possible. As I said previously that they still insist on not using Turkish soldiers in masses. And I highly doubt the given numbers of FSA. They said 8-10k, even 20k by some but its impossible in my opinion. They are a few thousands.

That area is important too. Not only it will unite fronts but it will also clear them from the border at that area and there are quite a bit of hills at there. I mean if the manpower is enough it shouldnt be a problem to open multiple fronts. Only explanation comes to my mind is there is not enough manpower. Which is possible. As I said previously that they still insist on not using Turkish soldiers in masses. And I highly doubt the given numbers of FSA. They said 8-10k, even 20k by some but its impossible in my opinion. They are a few thousands.
I don't think there is 20k fsa either...
As for uniting front...well it's not very important since they could communicate via TR border...
And Like I said... no need to spread ( meaning limiting armed forces in strategical op) and concentrate on those vital assets... (Hills -Fortified areas-camps-access roads etc...)

maybe turks are being cautious because of possible russian retaliation for their downed bomber by Turkey supported rebels

Before Afrin operation commenced, Turkey and Russia had reached a deal to build around 13 observation points between FSA/SAA-RU territories and control of Idlib region delivered to Turkish Army on paper. In those time scale, Turkey commenced Afrin operation as well but It was just 3 of them were constructed in Idlib. When Turkey concentrated on Afrin operation while postponing the construction of O. points, Russia had warned Turkey to accelerate them. It was the real reason of Russia objection for Afrin operation but Turkey convinced Russian officials. It seems Russia has objected Afrin operation again when their fighters downed with a MANPADS in an area Turkey should control so Priorities have been just changed and Turkish Army concentrated to finish the O.Points to make Russia/SAA relaxed in region.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom