What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

The YPG claims to have captured a Turkish army vehicle in Sheikh Khurus.

pts1.jpg

pts2.jpg

pts3.jpg

pts4.jpg

Last edited:
^Yes I have seen this earlier the engine seems to have broken down and crew has left the vehicle judging by the oil stain on the ground.

it's okay, I'm fairly certain that YPG can't get it running again.

Not really captured but abandoned. As someone pointed out, oil leak probably indicates it was either damaged or they were not able to do proper maintenance/repair in time.

Bu içimizi ferahlatmıyor. Utandığım için ingilizce yazamıyorum. Tepeyi ve dibindeki köyü ele geçirmişsin, zırhlı araçlar yerleştirecek, mevzilenecek kadar vaktin olmuş, arkanda topçu ve hava desteği var, hemen dibindeki tepe sana ait, nasıl kaybediyorsun orayı yahu? Köyün kaybını geçtim, şu paylaştıkları fotoları gören diyor aha Türk ordusu apar topar kaçmış, zırhlı aracını bile götürememiş. İyice kakaya sarmadı başladı bu iş. Fırat Kalkanı da aynıydı. Ben anlamıyorum karşımızdaki adamlar mı fazla donanımlı yoksa bizde mi bir dandiklik var?

They should have locked it if possible, and perhaps booby trap it. Unless they will return to retrieve it, in which case watch out for traps.

Bu içimizi ferahlatmıyor. Utandığım için ingilizce yazamıyorum. Tepeyi ve dibindeki köyü ele geçirmişsin, zırhlı araçlar yerleştirecek, mevzilenecek kadar vaktin olmuş, arkanda topçu ve hava desteği var, hemen dibindeki tepe sana ait, nasıl kaybediyorsun orayı yahu? Köyün kaybını geçtim, şu paylaştıkları fotoları gören diyor aha Türk ordusu apar topar kaçmış, zırhlı aracını bile götürememiş. İyice kakaya sarmadı başladı bu iş. Fırat Kalkanı da aynıydı. Ben anlamıyorum karşımızdaki adamlar mı fazla donanımlı yoksa bizde mi bir dandiklik var?

Bizde dandiklik var gibi gozukuyor. Ama Firat Kalkaninda'da aynisi olmustu, bildigim kadariyla ISID bizim bir tankimizi ve kobra'yi ele gecirmisti ama elinde sonunda yinede o operasyonu tamamlamistik. Yani elinde sonunda Afrin'de elimize gecer insallah, ama ayni hatayi su an ikince kez yapiyoruz ve biraz utanc verici. Belliki OSO'yu iyi egitmedik.

What I don't understand, is why don't why use small explosives, to destroy the tracks, the gun-barrels and the ammunition?. I hope that at the very least they got the radio devices out that vehicle

Not really captured but abandoned. As someone pointed out, oil leak probably indicates it was either damaged or they were not able to do proper maintenance/repair in time.
Its gonna get destroyed soon probably either by UAV or Air Force.I remember same thing happened with two Leopards in ES.

They should have locked it if possible, and perhaps booby trap it. Unless they will return to retrieve it, in which case watch out for traps.
What I don't understand, is why don't why use small explosives, to destroy the tracks, the gun-barrels and the ammunition?. I hope that at the very least they got the radio devices out that vehicle

When we were in Afghanistan,the vehicles that couldn't be recovered or retrieved were just blown up by the engineers or the air force,in a less measure. The fact of abandonning intact vehicles is a good propaganda tool to hit the morale of your enemies and to show "the enemy retreated in fear and even abandoned vehicles".

That's probably what the YPG is currently doing. AFAIK,Sheikh Khurus was captured by the OliveBranch forces,before being re-captured by the YPG. Today seems like it was re-captured by the Turks and Syrians.

@LegionnairE bro its good to see more of us have come back :partay: :enjoy:

@LegionnairE stop calling members with “moron” like provocative/agressive/insulting statements. Just share your point of view and let others to express their thoughts. The members asking you some question is not your enemy but compatriots. Next time, you will receive warning.
bro take it easy on him he is our @LegionnairE remember ?? he cant say good morning with with out including "fuking" somewhere :lol::lol: :partay::partay::partay:

@LegionnairE bro its good to see more of us have come back :partay: :enjoy:

bro take it easy on him he is our @LegionnairE remember ?? he cant say good morning with with out including "fuking" somewhere :lol::lol: :partay::partay::partay:
Thanks man, I know I have a bit aggressive style but I mean well.
That eccentricty might be the reason why people remember me after many years of not logging in.

Anyways
It seems that we're exchanging artillery fire with Assad, if that's okay, I think we should launch a few AGM-88s and suppress his air defense and continue aerial operations like before. Assad can't pick a fight with us, he knows he can't win.

Thanks man, I got banned from trmilitary for saying that we should use Hürkuş to dive-bomb PKK targets at night, they don't have radars they can't target it :) You still need to see the target with eyes to use MANPADS.

I said that dive bombing can be pretty damn accurate. One of the old members there called me a troll and shortly after I got the banhammer :D Outside the box thinking is FORBIDDEN

Which is sad, I always loved that forum, it's a pity it turned to this.

d5e.jpg

I got banned too... by a newbie moderator who is akp supporter...
Trmilitary turned into a kinder garden, full of akp supporters, especially new members.. Probbaly you have been banned by "sentetik" sneaky bastard, erdo lover

I got banned too... by a newbie moderator who is akp supporter...
Trmilitary turned into a kinder garden, full of akp supporters, especially new members.. Probbaly you have been banned by "sentetik" sneaky bastard, erdo lover
sentetik used to be cool man, it's a sad state of affairs if he became an erdo fan.

no I got in an argument with sailordream over dive bombing in 21st century :)
I think it's still a viable bombing tactic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom