What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

the main problem is that we're advancing on 7 fronts but we don't have 7 UAVs in the air to provide intelligence to our ground units.

Turkish UAV production after all these years is shameful.

What's your source for the claim that we're using fewer than 7 UAVs in Syria?

What's your source for the claim that we're using fewer than 7 UAVs in Syria?
What's your source we have more than 7 UAVs in the air AT ALL TIMES in the airspace above Afrin?

We had 72 planes in the air at one point, manned or unmanned that's something. That's not what I'm talking about. I don't mean to use UAVs offensively, I want to use them defensively.

To raise the situational awareness of smaller units.

UAVs arent F16s or F35s, they don't cost 60-100 million dollars a piece. We can have a thousand UAVs easy.

Welcome back.:tup::tup::tup:
Thanks man, I got banned from trmilitary for saying that we should use Hürkuş to dive-bomb PKK targets at night, they don't have radars they can't target it :) You still need to see the target with eyes to use MANPADS.

I said that dive bombing can be pretty damn accurate. One of the old members there called me a troll and shortly after I got the banhammer :D Outside the box thinking is FORBIDDEN

Which is sad, I always loved that forum, it's a pity it turned to this.

d5e.jpg

Last edited:
I think TSK realized they can’t depend on FSA. The FSA project should be dropped. The sooner this is done the better. They are not like YPG who are one army. FSA are several militia bound together by a vague name. From what I have seen from videos they are highly unprofessional and I was wondering: did they even get basic training? Probably there are one or two fighters who are actually Syrian and fight for their country but majority are on payroll and they don’t want to die for 100 Lira (or whatever) they get per month. Some are romanticizing FSA from their warm homes but this ain’t working.

This would be a mistake- the FSA provides TR with thousands of foot soldiers, sure they aren't the best, but they have killed a lot of DAESH and YPG over the past couple of years. Remember, TR has a plan for northern Syria, and that is to return the 3 million Syrian Arab refugees to those areas, and TR needs the FSA to police these areas in the future (similar to what was done in ES) and the FSA is needed for public support, and a media stunt to make it appear as though TR is doing it for the Syrian people-refugees, while at the same time solving for the YPG problem in N. Syria.

Jackal you are being too modest about our troops. Perhaps our komando units are bit less trained from their counterparts in NATO but you have to add the fact that our boys go out to fight terorist every single month. Where NATO troops just go to exersice and fire paper targets. That war experience itself is more than enough reason to think that they are on par with US Rangers. By the way our Naval Komando is one of the best in the region. SAT and SAS are proved themselves in Kardak crisis. Lets not forget that too. Besides US and Iraq which army has that kind of battle experience and knowledge about modern warfare as Turkish Army?

You guys probably know better than I, but I don't know if the average US Soldier is trained better than a profession Commando soldier in the TSK... if anything, from what I've seen, I would rank the commandos with the 10th mountains division of the US Army- they specialize in mountain warfare, air assault, and urban/forest warfare.

FSA is necessary, they just need to be held by a short leash.
They have shown that they can damage Turkey's reputation.

That can be more important than the actual combat performance.
Since we're effectively fighting a proxy war against the US and it can turn into an all-out war if we can't manage the public opinion.

"Turkish army is mutilating corpses" now just because some idiot decided to upload the footage of a female suicide bomber. The public doesn't want to see dead women. Regardless of how they died.

I wasn't banned, I was bored of this forum and the people in it. quit being such an insufferable cvnt.

You have zero falsifying evidence on anything I said. I call you a moron because you are one.

What a coincidence you "got bored" of this forum at the same time you were banned for calling the Prophet Muhammad a paedophile and for insulting people. You were also banned from trmilitary for similar reasons - you don't know what you're talking about yet you make BS claims and insult people when they correct you - like you just did with your BS claim that TSK uses fewer than 7 UAVs in Syria.

As to "falsifying evidence", the burden of proof is on the claimant - you. Putting aside the irony of you calling me a "moron" while demonstrating you don't even understand burden of proof, our admin doesn't like people spreading negative BS about our troops and trying to make them look incompetent, nor do most other Turks here. If you have an opinion based on inference (especially when it's illogical and ill-informed as yours usually are) about the number of UAVs you think are being used, then present it as an opinion, not as a fact.

Example: you could've said "I think we're using fewer than 7 UAVs because there are 7 fronts and a tank got hit, so one of the hills must've not been under surveillance". Then I could've said "That's incorrect because there are dozens of hills within ATGM range of all the fronts, and even then it's hard for a UAV to spot an ATGM on a mountain top full of trees so it may have slipped through even if the hill was being watched by one". Has that made it simple enough for you to understand?

Last edited:
What a coincidence you "got bored" of this forum at the same time you were banned for calling the Prophet Muhammad a paedophile and for insulting people. You were also banned from trmilitary for similar reasons - you don't know what you're talking about yet you make BS claims and insult people when they correct you - like you just did with your BS claim that TSK uses fewer than 7 UAVs in Syria.

As to "falsifying evidence", the burden of proof is on the claimant - you. Putting aside the irony of you calling me a "moron" while demonstrating you don't even understand burden of proof, our admin doesn't like people spreading negative BS about our troops and trying to make them look incompetent, nor do most other Turks here. If you have an opinion based on inference (especially when it's illogical and ill-informed as yours usually are) about the number of UAVs you think are being used, then present it as an opinion, not as a fact.

Example: you could've said "I think we're using fewer than 7 UAVs because there are 7 fronts and a tank got hit, so one of the hills must've not been under surveillance". Then I could've said "That's incorrect because there are dozens of hills within ATGM range of all the fronts, and even then it's hard for a UAV to spot an ATGM on a mountain top full of trees so it may have slipped through even if the hill was being watched by one". Has that made it simple enough for you to understand?
moron, you can't prove a negative, I can't prove there isn't an UAV over Afrin right now neither can you.

+There's such a thing as operational readiness, just because you have 15-20 planes doesn't mean you can keep even 5 of those planes in the air at the same time. Turkey has 240 F16s but having an air campaign with 72 planes is a RECORD. You're too retarded to waste my breath on. I can't be bothered.

Thanks man, I got banned from trmilitary for saying that we should use Hürkuş to dive-bomb PKK targets at night, they don't have radars they can't target it :) You still need to see the target with eyes to use MANPADS.

I said that dive bombing can be pretty damn accurate. One of the old members there called me a troll and shortly after I got the banhammer :D Outside the box thinking is FORBIDDEN

Which is sad, I always loved that forum, it's a pity it turned to this.

d5e.jpg

I remember that coversation :) anyway welcome back :)

@LegionnairE stop calling members with “moron” like provocative/agressive/insulting statements. Just share your point of view and let others to express their thoughts. The members asking you some question is not your enemy but compatriots. Next time, you will receive warning.

I remember that coversation :) anyway welcome back :)
Thanks man :) What I said there can be still benefitial to the armed forces

We can fly low use the mountains to avoid being detected by Asad's air defence systems, dive bomb our targets at night and come back safely. Syria doesn't have an AWACS and russia doesn't have one stationed in Syria as far as I know.

So it's doable
@LegionnairE stop calling members with “moron” like provocative/agressive/insulting statements. Just share your point of view and let others to express their thoughts. The members asking you some question is not your enemy but compatriots. Next time, you will receive warning.
you what up ma man :D glad to see that you're still around.

Well I wasn't treated with the utmost respect as you can see there. What do you think? you think we have enough UAVs?
upload_2018-2-7_13-15-9.png

By the way this is the hill in question where the Konkurs was fired from, as you can see it's the only hill overlooking the valley, if we had just one drone surveiling that that would be enough IMO.
@era_shield is right. You're talking nonsense. Even PKK sources are claiming that Turkey is using drones. Just because you can't see them on the radar map doesn't mean we're not using them in the first place. Ridiculous. @cabatli_53 do something, he's insulting people.
I never made that claim my friend. You seem to be having some comprehension problems right there. Maybe era_shield and you should help each other.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom