What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Smart tactic to think Turks they are safe

Sorry do you believe all without proof of evidence ? The source media is mainstream as Bild in Germany.
They claimed also to take Manbij, Afrin, Raqqa and Kandel soon. I hope you will do. But you will counter fierce US resistance. Thats the Gordion Knot.
Yes source is sketchy but it is some kind of information. We know they took the hill, this tells the story (might be true).

I don't get the point of taking the hill anyways, they can just shoot at us from all over the city. I say just leave the hill and anytime they try to take it just flatten the hill with artillery. Just act like the hill doesn't exist.

Smart tactic to think Turks they are safe

Sorry do you believe all without proof of evidence ? The source media is mainstream as Bild in Germany.
They claimed also to take Manbij, Afrin, Raqqa and Kandel soon. I hope you will do. But you will counter fierce US resistance. Thats the Gordion Knot.
The arsenal of Turkish incursion forces in Syria are not shared openly with the public, you only get what you get of the glimpses from pictures and from materials left behind by the forces. As far as you and i can know, Eryx may be used by TAF. Casualties are natural in any warfare, including this one, it will only be foolish to diss TAF based on their current track record in their operations, we make mistakes, sometimes we fail, but we are willing to sacrifice and by sacrificing by every failure we learn

The details of the hot encounter of Turkish soldiers and Daesh terrorists during the climb to Akil Mountain late on December 20 and early on December 21 were revealed.

"On Tuesday night, the Turkish soldiers were aiming to reach the hospital which was turned into an arsenal. During the climb to Akil Mountain, we clashed hand to hand," the security expert, Abdullah Ağar, commentated on his personal Facebook page.

"They run away with panic and hid somewhere as we raided their base. They opened fire on us for hours. However, we seized the hospital building which turned out to be their arsenal before the sunrise," he said.

Ağar also noted that the building was surrounded by mines. "The weather was very cold. We were not a large number of soldiers compared to the number of terrorists. After hours, they interrupted the fire so we did the same. We continued to proceed as the weather was extremely hazy. Then they launched an attack with an explosive-laden vehicle which martyred more than a dozen of soldiers," Ağar added.

http://www.yenisafak.com/en/world/horripilating-details-of-al-bab-operation-revealed-2585470
And where were the reinforcements or backup,werent they in contact with headquarters,it all sounds so fvcking unbeliavable.
They were just left there on their own.
Bu nasil bir ordu,anlamadim,gelde sinirlenme.
Im done with the dumb excuses.

I linked a reliable always updated source which contains all ATGMs used in Syria.
"Reliable always updated" lol! Does the man updating the links have direct contact with Turkish forces around Syria at all time?

And where were the reinforcements or backup,werent they in contact with headquarters,it all sounds so fvcking unbeliavable.
You are hugely underestimating AlBab, it's called in arabic "the Gate" and is literally the gate. They have made fortess in the city and garrisoned, AlBab is almost a 100k city and one of ISIS most important. You can't go in waving your arms without suffering casualities. This is war, soldiers die, you lose tanks, mistakes are made, don't politicize it

Our army, our nation, our country... it's the same as our National football team- just emotions, no tacticts and thinking... :D

You are hugely underestimating AlBab, it's called in arabic "the Gate" and is literally the gate. They have made fortess in the city and garrisoned, AlBab is almost a 100k city and one of ISIS most important. You can't go in waving your arms without suffering casualities. This is war, soldiers die, you lose tanks, mistakes are made, don't politicize it
What are you babbling again,doesnt our military know that al-Bab cant be taken by a couple of soldiers without all kinds of support?
You are contradicting yourself,look at what you wrote.
Hugely underestimating al-Bab

What does this sentence mean to you?
Who is underestimating?
Know what you are talking about before jumping in.
It is our Army underestimating ISIS.
Allah akil vermis,kullan.
Btw,dont quote me again,you are just another apoligist.

Only estimations .

Mossul ( estimated 1.5 Million inhabitants) 5000 ISIS terrorists - US sources claim 600 VIEBDs still operational

Raqqa ( 200000 inhabitants) 4000 ISIS terrorists

Al-Bab (100000 inhabitants) initial core ISIS terrorists in the city was 500 ,
later some hundred withdraw after beginning of Euphrates Shield to Raqqa,
last 3 weeks almost 600-800 joined from Raqqa. 500+600+800 = 1900 max. 2000.

If already 1200 eliminated 800 are alive.
I think there are far far more than 5000 ISIS terrorists in Mosul. The numbers are almost threefold if you ask me, wiki thinks alike.

About al-Bab, my estimate would be between 1500-3000, all in all, defenders of the city and reinforcements.

You are the one who has lost his reality sense. What the hell did you expect, that we would face no resistance anywhere and take over the cities within days?
That the army sent a couple hundred in the initial face to back up FSA forces and that they have underestimated AlBab's defenses, yes? What's your point? Do you expect everything, from their boot sole to sunshine go smoothly without challenges? Obviously the initial phase proved that AlBab requires greater involvement.

I'm tired of your insults towards the Turkish army and nation, your hatred for AKP and Erdogan has completely blinded you, you have lost your reality sense. I'm not an apologist, i'm a patriot who won't diss my nation to gather the support of my enemies.

This is to be expected from someone who supported the 15 July coup, your words have no weight anymore

if you ask me

We can try a simulation and only estimate. For Al-Bab our estimations are almost the same

Serious USA military statistics claim 40000 ISIS terrorists in Syria and Irak. Mainstream media claims 250.000 (illusion)

Now look on the map.

is-gebiete-101~_v-videowebl.jpg

You are the one who has lost his reality sense. What the hell did you expect, that we would face no resistance anywhere and take over the cities within days?
That the army sent a couple hundred in the initial face to back up FSA forces and that they have underestimated AlBab's defenses, yes? What's your point? Do you expect everything, from their boot sole to sunshine go smoothly without challenges? Obviously the initial phase proved that AlBab requires greater involvement.

I'm tired of your insults towards our army and nation, your hatred for AKP and Erdogan has completely blinded you, you have lost your reality sense. I'm not an apologist, i'm a patriot who won't diss my nation to gather the support of my enemies.

This is to be expected from someone who supported the 15 July coup, your words have no weight anymore.

Hey, it's called freedom of speech, anyone is allowed to criticize anything and you know what? If you fix these mistakes everyone benefits. You are blinded by your support for AKP, and won't criticize ourselves which ends up not helping. Of course it wasn't going to go smoothly, but the operation could have been executed better. Don't fight your countrymen that's what ISIS wants.

Hey, it's called freedom of speech, anyone is allowed to criticize anything and you know what? If you fix these mistakes everyone benefits. You are blinded by your support for AKP, and won't criticize ourselves which ends up not helping. Of course it wasn't going to go smoothly, but the operation could have been executed better. Don't fight your countrymen that's what ISIS wants.
Does AKP steer the war, last i checked the TSK lead the incursion, not politicians in Ankara, except if they have sent politicians to the front who lead our men into AlBab.

Not underestimate the capabilities of Turkish army based on a few statement/pictures received from twitter. Noone have any idea about the Army's fight plan/tactic so You can't know Which move is a defeat or victory for a specific hill or ground. All losses of Turkish army is about direct hit of ATGM or VBIEDs. There is not a stable target in front of Turkish soldiers so calm down and wait for official announcements / final moves of Army. We are in a land part fighting against an experienced terrorist organization using modern ATGM like toy and USA backed coalition are against our moves but supporting the other terrorists in Syria. The life of a single Turkish soldier is more valuable than whole Al-Bab so The tactics are extended over period of time not to sacrifice any single Turkish soldiers so You will see retreats, surprise attacks, sweeping night operations, artillery heavy strikes...etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom