What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Cant be less then 500 unless they are some kind of genetically mutated super commandos with resurrected Alexander the Great giving them tactics. Could be upto 1000 as well but I doubt it would be anymore then that.

Cant be less then 500 unless they are some kind of genetically mutated super commandos with resurrected Alexander the Great giving them tactics. Could be upto 1000 as well but I doubt it would be anymore then that.
Turkish forces alone in Albab is greater than 1000 atm. I think it's more, and i think we will have a hard time breaking their defenses

Usually we say "you can't win a fight without land forces". Now it is: "We can't win the fight without air support". I guess we lack the situational awareness. Guess what do we need?

Turkish forces alone in Albab is greater than 1000 atm. I think it's more, and i think we will have a hard time breaking their defenses
Where did you get this number? I doubt we have that many in Al-bab, I would guess only 400 or 500 troops, FSA troop count I don't know. I believe that ISIL has a lot of troops in Al-Bab, if they lose Al-Bab they are done in Aleppo province. I would guess that ISIS has atleast 1000 in Al-Bab and they can constantly bring in reinforcements. A similar amount of FSA fighters would not be enough to take the city. Also FSA is spread out around Northern Aleppo to control villages and keep YPG out.

Where did you get this number? I doubt we have that many in Al-bab, I would guess only 400 or 500 troops, FSA troop count I don't know. I believe that ISIL has a lot of troops in Al-Bab, if they lose Al-Bab they are done in Aleppo province. I would guess that ISIS has atleast 1000 in Al-Bab and they can constantly bring in reinforcements. A similar amount of FSA fighters would not be enough to take the city. Also FSA is spread out around Northern Aleppo to control villages and keep YPG out.
Mine was a qualified guess based on the newly arrived reinforcements that consist of 500 special forces. Considering a reinforcement of 500 was sent today, the original number must/should have been greater than 500.

Yes, as you say ISIS has the advatange of constant flowing fighters from other fronts. There are a few active fronts right now, they are trying to press west from Palmyra, and they try to defend Raqqah from donkeykingdom (PKK)

All i know is they can heavily turn their focus on AlBab defenses as the fiercest battle against ISIS is happening there

Last edited:
IMO we will be cooperating with Russians and Assad. Actually, what I'm thinking is; What will happen after we finish our operation in Syria? Are we just going to give every m2 to Assad? Or FSA? I hope our martyrs would mean something to authorities.

Mine was a qualified guess based on the newly arrived reinforcements that consist of 500 special forces. Considering a reinforcement of 500 was sent today, the original number must/should have been greater than 500.

Yes, as you say ISIS has the advatange of constant flowing fighters from other fronts. There are a few active fronts right now, they are trying to press west from Palmyra, and they try to defend Raqqah from donkeykingdom (PKK)

All i know is they can heavily turn their focus on AlBab defenses as the fiercest battle against ISIS is happening there

ISIS biggest advantage is not numbers, it's 2 things: VBIEDs and fighters who easily embrace death. This can be a nightmare for any army in urban warfare, even the well trained US army as we saw in Fallujah. Also ISIS members know basic rules of warfare since they have been constantly engaged in different fronts. They are not some genius die hard commandos like those we see in Hollywood movies.

On a different note, ISIS should in fact turn their focus on Raqqah defenses against emerging Monkeys (PKK/PYD). The monkeys are closing in on Raqqah by the day, as much as i hate ISIS, my hatred towards the monkeys is unfathomable

ISIS biggest advantage is not numbers, it's 2 things: VBIEDs and fighters who easily embrace death. This can be a nightmare for any army in urban warfare, even the well trained US army as we saw in Fallujah. Also ISIS members know basic rules warfare since they have been constantly engaged in different fronts.
Agreed, however, im talking about conquering the city from ISIS control. VBIED's are naturally the biggest headache for any modern army in urban settings, but right now VBIEDs cannot be used effectively as we haven't taken the city yet

Why Turks don't use your Eryx missiles against VBIEDs and fortifications?
How do you know we don't use Eryx missiles, we have a huge amount of them

On a different note, ISIS should in fact turn their focus on Raqqah defenses against emerging Monkeys (PKK/PYD). The monkeys are closing in on Raqqah by the day, as much as i hate ISIS, my hatred towards the monkeys is unfathomable
shocked20monkey.jpg

Agreed, however, im talking about conquering the city from ISIS control. VBIED's are naturally the biggest headache for any modern army in urban settings, but right now VBIEDs cannot be used effectively as we haven't taken the city yet

We may see more air support after the meeting with Iranian and Russian foreign ministers last week. It seems they cleared up some things and we started air strikes again. Hopefully soon we will see the same type of success we saw in Jarablus with more air support.

Only estimations .

Mossul ( estimated 1.5 Million inhabitants) 5000 ISIS terrorists - US sources claim 600 VIEBDs still operational

Raqqa ( 200000 inhabitants) 4000 ISIS terrorists

Al-Bab (100000 inhabitants) initial core ISIS terrorists in the city was 500 ,
later some hundred withdraw after beginning of Euphrates Shield to Raqqa,
last 3 weeks almost 600-800 joined from Raqqa. 500+600+800 = 1900 max. 2000.

If already 1200 eliminated 800 are alive.

We may see more air support after the meeting with Iranian and Russian foreign ministers last week. It seems they cleared up some things and we started air strikes again. Hopefully soon we will see the same type of success we saw in Jarablus with more air support.
There was no resistence in Cerablus,they just left.

How do you know we don't use Eryx missiles, we have a huge amount of them

I am no more active and can only speculate and say what I see.

website is always updated

medium com/@badly_xeroxed/common-atgms-in-the-syrian-civil-war-6395ea4305ec#.lyfcrdtgo

The details of the hot encounter of Turkish soldiers and Daesh terrorists during the climb to Akil Mountain late on December 20 and early on December 21 were revealed.

"On Tuesday night, the Turkish soldiers were aiming to reach the hospital which was turned into an arsenal. During the climb to Akil Mountain, we clashed hand to hand," the security expert, Abdullah Ağar, commentated on his personal Facebook page.

"They run away with panic and hid somewhere as we raided their base. They opened fire on us for hours. However, we seized the hospital building which turned out to be their arsenal before the sunrise," he said.

Ağar also noted that the building was surrounded by mines. "The weather was very cold. We were not a large number of soldiers compared to the number of terrorists. After hours, they interrupted the fire so we did the same. We continued to proceed as the weather was extremely hazy. Then they launched an attack with an explosive-laden vehicle which martyred more than a dozen of soldiers," Ağar added.

http://www.yenisafak.com/en/world/horripilating-details-of-al-bab-operation-revealed-2585470

There was no resistence in Cerablus,they just left.

Smart tactic to think Turks they are safe

Abdullah Ağar
Sorry do you believe all without proof of evidence ? The source media is mainstream as Bild in Germany.
They claimed also to take Manbij, Afrin, Raqqa and Kandel soon. I hope you will do. But you will counter fierce US resistance. Thats the Gordion Knot.

Back
Top Bottom