What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

The problem is that there is a lot of people who live in al bab and you should take this into account...That why the opp take time

No operation or war goes smoothly according to plan, even though i hate to admit it, when we chose to secure North Syria from terrorist we accepted the fact that we would suffer casualties. However, the operations' success are debatable, i just hope our army hardens with experience during these operations and rate of failure and casualties will drop in the future, inshallah

No operation or war goes smoothly according to plan, even though i hate to admit it, when we chose to secure North Syria from terrorist we accepted the fact that we would suffer casualties. However, the operations' success are debatable, i just hope our army hardens with experience during these operations and rate of failure and casualties will drop in the future, inshallah

The civilians in Al-Bab and cotrolling the FSA forces causes for huge stagnation. Its not a easy job.

Turkish-led forces withdrawn from Aqil hills that is now back under ISIS's control.

mp5.jpg

important TSK reinforcements (T-155s, armours & 500 Special Forces) sent to Al-Bab to cope with ISIS stiff resistance.

mp8.jpg

mp9.jpg

mp6.jpg

mp10.jpg

Turkish special forces continue the preparations to take Al Bab.

mp4.jpg

Turkish-led forces withdrawn from Aqil hills that is now back under ISIS's control.

View attachment 363286
important TSK reinforcements (T-155s, armours & 500 Special Forces) sent to Al-Bab to cope with ISIS stiff resistance.

View attachment 363288
View attachment 363289
View attachment 363291

Turkish special forces continue the preparations to take Al Bab.

View attachment 363290
Depending on FSA is not a reliable strategy for larger urban areas. We went in and clear Aqil, FSA then lost it again. We are depending on their infantry for covering our armored vehicles. That didn't work out, now we are sending in more troops. I say we just send in a few thousand guys and take this city. After taking Al-Bab we can reduce the troop number in Syria to how it was before. Also we need to get the civilians out of Al-Bab, that is a major stall for the operation but ISIS is keeping them there. They executed a guy who was trying to get civilians out. Lets see, this will take some more time.

Also the city should be completely surrounded, right now they are able to bring weapons and ammunition into the city without any problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if hundreds of FSA were already lost in Al-bab.

Just like Mete Yarar said in a recent interview, there are not enough Turkish troops for al-Bab. Once our guys have control over the hill, they either must defend it or press on the attack, which is very difficult with limited numbers against big numbers of entrenched, yet very mobile isis, but defending and attacking at the same time under the current situation seems difficult due to isis counterattacks in big numbers and the limited number of Turkish troops, which makes the attack and hill defense fragile. Those silly screw ups of the commanders don't help either and the FSA might as well be taken out of the equation for al-bab, but defending that hilltop alone won't do much as isis will just wait for another opportunity to storm with VBIEDs. Hence the ping pong all the time. Hope the reinforcements will break the stalemate situation.

Depending on FSA is not a reliable strategy for larger urban areas. We went in and clear Aqil, FSA then lost it again. We are depending on their infantry for covering our armored vehicles. That didn't work out, now we are sending in more troops. I say we just send in a few thousand guys and take this city. After taking Al-Bab we can reduce the troop number in Syria to how it was before. Also we need to get the civilians out of Al-Bab, that is a major stall for the operation but ISIS is keeping them there. They executed a guy who was trying to get civilians out. Lets see, this will take some more time.

Also the city should be completely surrounded, right now they are able to bring weapons and ammunition into the city without any problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if hundreds of FSA were already lost in Al-bab.

I read that Erdogan said "After Al-Bab,Manbij and Raqqah",but that would mean sending in thousands of regular troops and sending in more materials + intense air cover. If the strategy is to use hundreds of special forces only and again relying on thousands of poorly trained rebels,then the outcome would be disastrous.

Seems like Al-Bab is gonna take longer than expected.

Things would probably have been different if Turkish army went in force and alone to take Al-Bab. Still,ISIS's resistance would have been heavy and their fanatical members ready for evrything,but territories wouldn't be captured,lost,re-captured etc. Problem is that there aren't enough troops to hold the captured territories. I might be wrong.

Just like Mete Yarar said in a recent interview, there are not enough Turkish troops for al-Bab. Once our guys have control over the hill, they either must defend it or press on the attack, which is very difficult with limited numbers against big numbers of entrenched, yet very mobile isis, but defending and attacking at the same time under the current situation seems difficult due to isis counterattacks in big numbers and the limited number of Turkish troops, which makes the attack and hill defense fragile. Those silly screw ups of the commanders don't help either and the FSA might as well be taken out of the equation for al-bab, but defending that hilltop alone won't do much as isis will just wait for another opportunity to storm with VBIEDs. Hence the ping pong all the time. Hope the reinforcements will break the stalemate situation.
As if we took control of al-Bab already,people are talking about new targets.
Turkish president points at Syria’s Manbij as first target, eyes Raqqa afterwards

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...rds-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=107704&NewsCatID=338

I might be wrong.
You know you're not wrong.

Looks like pre mature announcements of Al Bab being captured are going to cause some embarrasment if this challenge is not met how it should be.
Now there's no turning back.Get rid of isis completely from the city while you're at it.

Btw how is Turkey going to take into account the presence of a huge number civilains in the city ?

Back
Top Bottom