What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Could not one of the two been striked by F-16?

From the photos available I see no sign that a Leopard was destroyed from the air. Maybe it did happen but we have no photos.

Some people were speculating that this Leopard was destroyed from an strike:

Here the left side of the tank is heavily damaged with scrap metal all around, I would say that it got rammed with a VBIED and the overpresure from the blast breached the tank and caused the turret to fly off.

IMG_2842.JPG

Here the Leopard was almost certainly hit from an ATGM or maybe even a simple RPG-7. The blast door in the storage bustle appears to have worked, but who knows if the blast door inside the tank held up.

IMG_2862.JPG

Source about where did TSK said that they destroyed a leopard tank with an airstrike?

This is what Turkish members have been saying.

TSK doesnt have any representative in this forum. Take these kind of claims with a grain of salt, unless TSK offically say that. People here are just random guys who interested in defense news, are not part of TSK any way or even if so have no right to announce something which didnt announced by TSK officially.

From the photos available I see no sign that a Leopard was destroyed from the air. Maybe it did happen but we have no photos.

Some people were speculating that this Leopard was destroyed from an strike:

Here the left side of the tank is heavily damaged with scrap metal all around, I would say that it got rammed with a VBIED and the overpresure from the blast breached the tank and caused the turret to fly off.

View attachment 363121

Here the Leopard was almost certainly hit from an ATGM or maybe even a simple RPG-7. The blast door in the storage bustle appears to have worked, but who knows if the blast door inside the tank held up.

View attachment 363123

Nothing is official and we don't know. Once we take Al bab then everything will be worth it. Now the real deployment is starting for Al bab and not relying on fsa according to media. There's going to be a large professional troop deployment as well as special forces.

We don't care aleppo, we never did, we will never care. We care our own country, our own borders and our own citizens.

You see, we did hit sht out of Al-Bab, even we know there are still few citizens. Who cares? We are there to setting buffer zone to kick syrian refugees out of our country to there, we are not there to fight against dictatorship in any way. We don't care.

If you cared aleppo that much, where is Pakistan Army in Syria? Why you didnt go to Aleppo and fight for those people in there? I don't say Pakistan should care Aleppo (it shouldn't) and it didn't, like Turkey so.
You should speak for your self or whatever social groups you hang out with. There are a lot of people in Turkey that care about the situation in Syria and feel bad about what is going on. So many people have been killed and displaced, if someone is not sad and doesn't care he/she should take a long look in the mirror. It's a very disgusting mentality which is foreign to our people and would make our ancestors turn in their graves.

Yes bad things happen in the world. Its so sad, right? Happily our government is trying to save us from the same fate in Syria. Btw

It's a very disgusting mentality which is foreign to our people and would make our ancestors turn in their graves.

You said this to AKP government right? Because they are the ones in charge and did nothing for aleppo :D

And no, i speak for my entire country, the Republic of Turkey. Government's mission is defending me, my family, and other citizens. Not one random people who ran away from it's country. But hey, it's still saving those poor refugees, you should proud of that.

No, we, Turkish Republic, didnt and doesnt care about one city in one civil war. We care our anti-terror operations against PKK and IS. Period

We don't care aleppo, we never did, we will never care. We care our own country, our own borders and our own citizens.

You see, we did hit sht out of Al-Bab, even we know there are still few citizens. Who cares? We are there to setting buffer zone to kick syrian refugees out of our country to there, we are not there to fight against dictatorship in any way. We don't care.

If you cared aleppo that much, where is Pakistan Army in Syria? Why you didnt go to Aleppo and fight for those people in there? I don't say Pakistan should care Aleppo (it shouldn't) and it didn't, like Turkey so.
Turkey wanted to do a buffer zone since years in Syria but it was blocked by Gulen groups in the military(my theory). If a buffer zone was in place Aleppo would have been saved and maybe the whole war would have turned out different but the blame can not be on Turkey, we are spending billions on over 2 million Syrian refugees and have launched a military operation to create a safe zone even though it is late. There are many countries that have done little for Syria especially gulf Arab states. We did everything in our power to help but we also had some domestic issues in Eastern Turkey we had to take care of.

Once Russia got involved our options were more limited, while Russia was bombing Syria other Muslim countries still had fine relations with Putin, many even buying weapons like attack helicopters.

Turkey did what it could given the limitations due to political situation inside Turkey and the Gulen movement. If other Muslim countries had stepped up to the plate things could have been different for Aleppo.

The Syrian opposition also has its own issues, number one they don't all even fight under the same flag and we don't know who their national leader is. For example with the Palestinians you knew that Arafat was their leader, with PKK we know it's Apo, in Cuba everyone knew it was Castro, even Daesh people know its Baghdadi.

Yes bad things happen in the world. Its so sad, right? Happily our government is trying to save us from the same fate in Syria. Btw

You said this to AKP government right? Because they are the ones in charge and did nothing for aleppo :D

And no, i speak for my entire country, the Republic of Turkey. Government's mission is defending me, my family, and other citizens. Not one random people who ran away from it's country. But hey, it's still saving those poor refugees, you should proud of that.

No, we, Turkish Republic, didnt and doesnt care about one city in one civil war. We care our anti-terror operations against PKK and IS. Period
There is a difference between doing something and caring. You displayed no care that is my point. But you are correct that the goal of the government on paper is to care about the internal borders but is that morally correct? Anyway I think you know the importance of Syria and who controls it so involvement there was guaranteed from the beginning.

I hope if you become a refugee one day everyones door gets shut in your face. It's easy to talk from a comfortable place where you have food on the table everyday.

Last edited:
I think you know the importance of Syria

Yes, it is a

iran-iraq-syria-pipeline.jpg

well known proxy war area for deciding the source of future EU natural gas needs.

It is not our war. It is a war between Iran(Russia backed) vs Qatar-Saudi arabia(US backed). Who cares? If we want to join this energy war, we should bring Turkmenistan's natural gas via TANAP project, and slap on both Iran's and Saudi's face, instead of crying to be slave of Saudi Arabia.

Happily Government isnt naive and ignorant like most of the people in this section, and that is why we are only fighting against IS and PKK, not Dictatorship. As Government said ; "We are NOT in Syria for Aleppo, but securing our borders"

Well thats a lot speculation, we wont be sure as long as we dont have a ptoho of the remains of VBIED.

Yes, it is a

iran-iraq-syria-pipeline.jpg

well knows proxy war area for deciding the source of future EU natural gas needs.

It is not our war. It is a war between Iran(Russia backed) vs Qatar-Saudi arabia(US backed). Who cares? If we want to join this energy war, we should bring Turkmenistan's natural gas via TANAP project, and slap on both Iran's and Saudi's face, instead of crying to be slave of Saudi Arabia.

Happily Government isnt naive and ignorant like most of the people in this section, and that is why we are only fighting against IS and PKK, not Dictatorship. As Government said ; "We are NOT in Syria for Aleppo, but securing our borders"
I agree we should secure our interests. Anyway the Syrian people made a mistake of pointing their weapons at each other, things like that happen but in the end it's up to the people. For example during our coup people were not shooting soldiers and people had the balls to stand up to gun fire to end the coup.

Well thats a lot speculation, we wont be sure as long as we dont have a ptoho of the remains of VBIED.
Where is the evidence for the F-16 bombing? I only heard that here?

Why we keep saying it then?
@ptldM3 said 3 leos got destroyed according to reports and i just said maybe its only two because one of the loes from the pictures he posted might be the one destroyed by F-16 as reported, nothing is official and we all might be completely wrong on the issue.

I hope if you become a refugee one day everyones door gets shut in your face.

I will not be a refugee, i will die in my country. Btw, where did i said that "we shouldnt care about refugees"? I said the exact opposite;

Government is still saving those poor refugees, you should proud of that.
----
It's easy to talk from a comfortable place where you have food on the table everyday.

Yes i have. Do you know why? I have food on my table because my government isn't idiot, and she isnt declaring war on Dictatorship just because one city in Syria which nobody cares. She is smart. She cares her borders. She is not doing anything stupid out of our borders.

Can you confirm that 20 of the 40 Leopards (A4) and estimated 15 different M-60 versions taking part in the operation are destroyed, before entering Al-BAB ?

No, I never heard that claim or seen the evidence for it.

I have seen one Leopard take a ATGM, likely no penatation.

1 had a turret blown off.

1 appeared to 'cook off' probably the blast door failed.

1 was likely hit with an ATGM, blastdoor appeared to work, but I could be wrong because the soil around the tank looked burned and we can't see the other side of the tank. Either way, this tank is probably inoperable.

4 looked to have been abandoned/captured and possibly destroyed by now.

This is only from photos, there is probably more.

Last edited:
I agree we should secure our interests. Anyway the Syrian people made a mistake of pointing their weapons at each other, things like that happen but in the end it's up to the people. For example during our coup people were not shooting soldiers and people had the balls to stand up to gun fire to end the coup.

Sadly, the Syrian crisis since the early days were heading into some kind of Business/Trade. the innocent people are paying the price. a relative of mine is serving jail time since last year, because of his stance against the Government and the Syrian crisis. the things he told me were shocking, yet not surprising.

Back
Top Bottom