What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Probably Al-Bab because they are recent.

Can you confirm that 20 of the 40 Leopards (A4) and estimated 15 different M-60 versions taking part in the operation are destroyed, before entering Al-BAB ?

Destroyed list is here (you literally shared it)

d37e6939b6dd832c1af4f1c450ad4d022d8100b134e15253360242e74d26ad8a.jpg

Only 10 Leopard 2A4 got damaged. (6 heavily damaged, 1 unkown, rest is slightly damaged and saved their crew)

d37e6939b6dd832c1af4f1c450ad4d022d8100b134e15253360242e74d26ad8a.jpg

Only 10 Leopard 2A4 got damaged. (6 heavily damaged, 1 unkown, rest is slightly damaged and saved their crew)

Atleast 3 Leopards have been completely destroyed, one had its turret blown off, and the other got 'cooked off', and the other was supposedly destroyed by an airstrike but the Turkish military could be lying about that. Many more have have been so badly damaged that they might as well be considered destroyed.

I am curious if Turkey even brought armored records vehicles. Probably not.

my friend treat some turkish soldiers who wounded in tanks,the most vulnurable personels are loading armors to fire,most of them dead,becuse he is less stable than the others ,some strikers are injured from eyes,blast effect of explosion in tank is also very important factor,all these and other signs should be evaluated for the future tank programs in a scientific concept,but I am not sure about we do it properly

Source about where did TSK said that they destroyed a leopard tank with an airstrike?
There were reports about the 2 leos captured by isis, one supposedly recaptured and other striked by F-16.

Atleast 3 Leopards have been completely destroyed, one had its turret blown off, and the other got 'cooked off', and the other was supposedly destroyed by an airstrike but the Turkish military could be lying about that. Many more have have been so badly damaged that they might as well be considered destroyed.

Could not one of the two been striked by F-16?

From the beginning Turkish Intelligence was aware that AL-Nusra ( former Al-Qaeda) had modern German, US and Czech ATGMs and Anti Aircraft man-pads. Mortars and much more. Jihadi terrorists are and will keep being terrorists,
name change means nothing. Do you believe that they betrayed their ISIS brothers ? A clear NO.
( Up to know I can't share available source links and videos as criminal evidence, here) - delivery of battle weapons to terrorists is a crime .

We all hope that Turkish Armed Forces will realize its severe deficiencies and remedy them soon. (Also lack ok skill and training). Courage is not all on the battlefield. And this courage is nothing worth if you die without mission completed.
Without just on time Close Air Support you can't prevent huge loss of material.
Your Government threw the brave soldiers into fire, sorry for that word. The only allied Airstrike since long time happened today West of Manbij. Curious but Russian jets bombed YPG and ISIS terrorists advancing to Al-Bab.

Yes I shared this list, an other member shared a list here before which was not so detailed.
This list seems to be leaked and refers obviously only to Hospital Hill region. The this list is not complete.
In September 2016 were already 5 M-60 types lost.

Yes there are a few M-88 recovery tanks in Syria. Turkey has only 33 in its inventory.
But nobody expected such a high number of armor loss.

We didn't incorporate losses of APC/ IFV and MRAP's.
IFV - 238060 with 25mm Bushmaster gun is operational and driven by ISIS. That was todays greatest shock for me.
I didn't shared this video not to support terrorists propaganda. But it's online everywhere.

I would like to quote Clausewitz, but found a comment of a veteran. It is easy, not offending but painful truth.

Roughly paraphrasing Gen. Patton... the object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other SOB die for his country. Bragging about huge losses... even if you win, the victory is pyrrhic.

Turkish/FSA losses in Al Bab seem far too high, mostly because Turkey, for reasons unknown, did not want to commit overwhelming force. They have the manpower, but didn't commit until the FSA completely failed. Even then, it seems just barely enough to get the job done. That adds up to unnecessary casualties.
Seems like a political failure of some sort, just like Manjib could be.

Last edited:
one supposedly recaptured and other striked by F-16.

Oh thank you, i though TSK said that they hit the tank with one F-16.

So, which Airforce hit that tank? US Airforce?

Yes I shared this list, an other member shared a list here before which was not so detailed.
This list seems to be leaked and refers obviously only to Hospital Hill region. The this list is not complete.

Your question was about Leopard 2A4 tanks, right? We started to use them after we getting closer to Al-Bab. Our other losses are mostly M48s, M60Ts, APCs. Leopard losses occured next to Al-Bab.

@Friendly When I look at Al Bab offensive I see TSK/Turkish armed force underestimated Isis which turned out fatal mistake. Like you said This battle might turn out Pyric victory If loose more Tanks and Men. And We may never head to Raqqa after this. TSK needs to immidately change at least these and Many more stuff;

- Instead of Using Seperate Tank Platoons We need to use Mixed combat tactics, Infantry platoons has to be right alongside Tanks Asap like in All the other Modern Armies.

- 3 tanks Platoons are not working even Against Isis We need to have 4 or even 5 tank platoon like All the modern Armies.

- We were ambushed in Mist Because Our soldiers couldnt see enemy like its WW2. Neccesary equipment need to send front line Asap.

- Our Tank divisions are using very old tactic which arent appropiate for this battle and They are not even implemending them correctly. There is definetly lack of traning.

- There are New infantry soldiers on Front line and I mean soldiers that are just started 7 months ago. They cant have enough experince and training to fight in front line yet.

There were hopes from Turkey to protect the civilians in Aleppo..there were hopes that Turkey would do something to stop the massacare..there were a lot of other hopes.But I'm so sorry to say that Turkey as a whole has disappointed.Forget about Aleppo,Turkey is having a hard time in securing it's own national interests.Sheer incompetence at display w.r.t the foreign policy.And Mr.Erdo is such a difficult man to understand.Sounds like a pure Islamist one second,a secular guy the next.
Either the Turkish govt doesn't know what to do or it does not have the political support to do what it wants to do.There is a constant tug of war btween the secular and religious mindset which is affecting decision making at govt level.
Actually Turkey is only concerened about securing it own border forever w.r.t Syria..but then Turkey sees that the Muslim world has huge expectations from it to fight for the Sunni Muslims in Syria as Iran is fighting for the Shias..and in this confusion of expectation vs reality,Turkey is blundering frequently.
The death of Turkish soldiers made us sad but what pains us more is the realization that Turkey will be doing nothing tangibe for securing the lives of Syrian muslims and we can see more loss of lives on the turkish side bcz of the confused war it's fighting.To this day,it's unclear that which side's Turkey is in Syria.One day the president is crying with the Syrian refugees,the next day he's hugging Putin who is bombing the Syrian civilians.I know that the seculars of turkey hate Erdo alreay but I dont understand how the Islamists are forgiving him for such a dubious policy when the muslim blood is spilling like a river just 30km away from the border.

There were hopes from Turkey to protect the civilians in Aleppo..there were hopes that Turkey would do something to stop the massacare..there were a lot of other hopes.But I'm so sorry to say that Turkey as a whole has disappointed.

We don't care aleppo, we never did, we will never care. We care our own country, our own borders and our own citizens.

You see, we did hit sht out of Al-Bab, even we know there are still few citizens. Who cares? We are there to setting buffer zone to kick syrian refugees out of our country to there, we are not there to fight against dictatorship in any way. We don't care.

If you cared aleppo that much, where is Pakistan Army in Syria? Why you didnt go to Aleppo and fight for those people in there? I don't say Pakistan should care Aleppo (it shouldn't) and it didn't, like Turkey so.

Back
Top Bottom