What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

TR will not go only for Buffer Zone. At least the US don't think so...
Deir ez Zor is in the Picture. Same goes to limit ASSad/IR/RU influence in that region.

As for those thinking, that they can keep ISIS fight in that Border buffer... only problem...there is no ISIS near that Buffer... not even close...

Trump knows Assad will get east DeZ, but Assad will probably let ISIS pass through his territory to rebel-held areas like he's done numerous times before. Turkey's promise to help eliminate ISIS would only apply to that.

I wonder what Turkey will do if Assad moves on the Turkish slice of the pie. Russia has s400 in Syria. What Russia thinks really matters.

France want to fill the gap US will to leave. Their is a meeting between SDF and France.

In case France agrees,it will need to significantly increase its military presence in order to act as a deterrent. There are an estimated 200 special forces present in Syria. Either it increases its presence alone,either it will try to drag in some other European countries. I think.

Last edited:
In case France agrees,it will need to significantly increase its military presence in order act as a deterrent. There are an estimated 200 special forces present in Syria. Either it increases its presence alone,either it will try to drag in some other European countries. I think.

Even US forces were 2000 troops. That is also not a deterrent in a clash. It is more symbolic.

Even US forces were 2000 troops. That is also not a deterrent in a clash. It is more symbolic.

Of course,but having thousands of troops there sends a stronger message than only having few hundreds.

Even those 2000 US troops kept away the Turks,Syrians,Iranians etc. combined from roasting the Kurds.

Of course,but having thousands of troops there sends a stronger message than only having few hundreds.

Even those 2000 US troops kept away the Turks,Syrians,Iranians etc. combined from roasting the Kurds.

You are wrong @Vergennes. Our target is not Kurdish people. Here is our target..
P.s: This man is pkk's leader.

1508399805.jpg

Not all Kurds are YPG,lets call it what it is.
You are wrong @Vergennes. Our target is not Kurdish people. Here is our target..
P.s: This man is pkk's leader.

1508399805.jpg

I apologize,when I said "Kurds" I obviously meant the YPG and others affiliated units,not the Kurdish people. Just a bad choice of words from me.

I dont think that the french are that interested in fighting a war against us- while we are extremly interested in fighting a war against the PKK. I believe that they will withdraw aswell. otherwise we will force them to withdraw..

The French didn’t give any promises to the Kurdish delegation that came to Paris. In other words, translated, it means this: they are going to pull out without losing too much face. I mean if they stay they are going to be humiliated by the Turkish army.

I wonder what Turkey will do if Assad moves on the Turkish slice of the pie. Russia has s400 in Syria. What Russia thinks really matters.
As you say it if Assad moves on the Turkish slice of the pie he will get from the same medicine he took in Afrin when the militiamen were sent back with blood, tears and wooden suits.

Desert is coming...

Trump knows Assad will get east DeZ, but Assad will probably let ISIS pass through his territory to rebel-held areas like he's done numerous times before. Turkey's promise to help eliminate ISIS would only apply to that.
ASSad already got East Deir ez Zor city (the one on the other side of the Euphrates).
And yes. ASSad will use ISIS as much as he can to make those "ISIS pocket" pop out from nowhere... afterall it's well known that ISIS got few Dozens of Transport Aircraft and Rail roads for themselves...

The US and TR wish to limit ASSad/IR/RU influence and "lands" in Syria as much as possible.
So, they will try to find a way to swap leadership as quickly and efficiently as possible with the least amount of "influence/land" lose as possible in the process.

Now it's all a game of who can give the best/fastest guarantees to those Armed groups around East Syria...

Will the RU/ASSad/IR/YPG combo win over the TR/FSA/US one? Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom