What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

something is about to happen.. very soon
I think you're right. I feel some "deal" was agreed to, and the US has started the "transaction". One piece is Turkey gets control of some parts of northern Syria. So something is about to happen.

So SDF and SAA are basically cooperating now, what does this mean for us?
Cuz SDF apparently has no strategic significance, even to its former Masters. Israel let the jihadi rebels in SOuthern SYria down, and now US has let its Kurdish allies down also. So Syria politically, seems to be going back to its status quo.
Kurdish independence was obviously an illusion, but this situatiuon confirmed again, that Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran dont want independent Kurdish countries formed from them.

Do you realize twitter is not a source?
Yes it is, its just not a good one. Cambridge wouldnt accept it for an academic paper but we do, because this is an online military forum as you said. Its Still better than no source at all.

For example if a source is given (as opposed to no source at all) I can at least check the twitter post, realize that it is a nobody's account that was created today just for this post, And realize that you are lying. On the other hand if the twitter account has shared some valid statements about the issue before I know that he is at least partially credible. Which is the whole purpose.

Kurdish independence was obviously an illusion, but this situatiuon confirmed again, that Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran dont want independent Kurdish countries formed from them.
Who would have thought...

^exactly, it is likely that Assad could/will use the PKK against us. There are no direct talks between us and them and how things should continue east of the euphrates therefore we would need the americans away and replace them with our TFSA till we make direkt contact with the assad regime. Otherwise Syria + Iraq (https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/iraqi-president-denies-mediation-between-pkk-assad/1346738) could use them for whatever reason they have. Afterall they are arabs so carefull ;)

France want to fill the gap US will to leave. Their is a meeting between SDF and France.

lk.jpg

Seems pictures were taken during the summer,so they were not taken recently.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom