What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

You guys don't get it. When you make a claim, someone else shouldn't have to ask you for the source. You should post it together with your claim. Otherwise it leaves the door open for misinformation.

For example @Hamzza said that SAA will storm Manbij in 3 hours. But if nobody asked for his source people would have believed that YPG propaganda.

You guys don't get it. When you make a claim, someone else shouldn't have to ask you for the source. You should post it together with your claim. Otherwise it leaves the door open for misinformation.

For example @Hamzza said that SAA will storm Manbij in 3 hours. But if nobody asked for his source people would have believed that YPG propaganda.

I agree, but everything should be taken with a grain of salt. All updates are from very unreliable/local sources, and I personally often wait until something is reported by several sources, before posting the source.

I agree, but everything should be taken with a grain of salt. All updates are from very unreliable/local sources, and I personally often wait until something is reported by several sources, before posting the source.
If your claim is so unreliable that you are ashamed to share the source until more sources show up, you shouldnt post it in the first place. Posting the claim but not the source because there are not many sources makes it worse.

Last edited:
Let’s hope that our F-16 and F-4 birds sh*t some bombs on their heads tonight. Make them wet their bikinis. :D

If what you are posting is so unreliable, you shouldnt post it in the first place. Posting the claim but not the source because there are not many sources makes it worse.

Well, it is a tradeoff between instant news from the front or waiting 24 hours in order to read the update on your morning newspaper.

Is it so hard to share your sources when you make a claim like that? This thread is going downhill

IMG_9857.jpg

If you only want verified sources read TRT world.

View attachment 528132

If you only want verified sources read TRT world.
No I am not looking for verified news. Did I say “dont share news if it is unreliable”?

Be my guest, share whatever you can even if your source is a 5 year old kid on the streets of jarablus. All I am asking for is tell me where you got your news so that I can judge for myself how trustworthy it is.

And I would appreciate it if you didnt try to twist my words like that again.

@cabatli_53 I dont normally disturb you unless absolutely necessary but I think this is getting out of hand. I feel like there should be a rule against posting claims without sources.

No source.
Lets wait and prove me wrong.
This is a good example of what I am talking about. The guy is deliberately spreading misinformation to advance his political views and nobody can do anything about it.

So SDF and SAA are basically cooperating now, what does this mean for us?

No I am not looking for verified news. Did I say “dont share news if it is unreliable”?

Be my guest, share whatever you can even if your source is a 5 year old kid on the streets of jarablus. All I am asking for is tell me where you got your news so that I can judge for myself how trustworthy it is.

And I would appreciate it if you didnt try to twist my words like that again.

@cabatli_53 I dont normally disturb you unless absolutely necessary but I think this is getting out of hand. I feel like there should be a rule against posting claims without sources.

This is a good example of what I am talking about. The guy is deliberately spreading misinformation to advance his political views and nobody can do anything about it.

Do you realize twitter is not a source? For example I can post something or say something fake on twitter and use that as a source to say something here. Oğlum. You are on a military forum. Not on Cambridge university. Adamı hasta etme.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom