What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Beyin ölümü gerçekleşmiş artık, dün aldıkları şeyi unutup kötülemeye başladılar.

If chinese offer was worse , Why did your army and goverment choose it?

Indeed, Turkey had been forthright about these intentions. It repeatedly pointed that the Chinese were offering a lower price, favorable technology transfer conditions, and early delivery on the first batch of batteries. “If Turkey opts for direct purchase of the system then it will be obliged to make new off-the-shelf purchases 15 or 20 years later. We will not settle for this. Our target is to gain national technological capability in the missile project,” Turkey’s chief arms procurer, Ismail Demir, said at the IDEF defense industry fair last May.

Turkey favours China missile deal for air defence
  • 19 February 2015
Image copyrightAFP
Image captionA Chinese air defence battery: Beijing may have beaten Western rivals to a major defence contract
Turkey appears ready to buy a long-range Chinese surface-to-air missile system despite its incompatibility with Nato equipment.

Turkey is a key Nato member, and reports say US and French arms firms have been vying with China's CPMIEC.

The $3.4bn (£2.2bn) Chinese system would be used "without integrating with Nato systems", Turkish Defence Minister Ismet Yilmaz said.

Reports say Nato and the US have urged Turkey not to accept the Chinese offer.

According to a Turkish defence industry official, Ankara has not yet taken a final decision on its planned long-range missile defence system and contract talks with China are continuing, Reuters news agency reports.

ADVERTISEMENT
He was speaking after the comments from Mr Yilmaz, who was responding to MPs' questions about Turkey's missile defence project.

Mr Yilmaz said Turkey had finished the evaluation process for the project.

The Russian news website Lenta.ru reports that Turkey plans to buy at least 12 Chinese HQ-9 missile batteries. The Chinese system is cheaper than rival systems, it reports.

The other contenders for the contract, Lenta.ru reports, were: the Patriot made by Raytheon and Lockheed Martin in the US, the SAMP/T made by the French-Italian consortium Eurosam, and Russia's Antey-2500 made by Rosoboronexport

Proof you claim or stop writing, i don't have the time to humilate you.

NDcfQHHdzKZQuM6MMVOBZPnxQZugqgOvkgpgHtEKzWO3zgsdQ6z1YOoID9kafvlY8esxzlYci0OiiE7ltdar8PieCa_TcOBqV_dQjvfJXT9gLX0CNb-vffs

In the recent news Tübitak Sage head say Tubitak Sapan will ready in june 2020 . I'm wait he will be operational in the end of 2021.

Source : https://www.defenceturk.net/tubitak-sage-enstitu-muduru-gurcan-okumus-ile-soylesi-ii-bolum

As you can see in the video his range is 30 km and speed 3.000 m/s or 3 k/s

So

With the help of smart cluster muntion and fire control systems without non emt resisted guidance systems and powder based warheads he can reach 30 km only in 10 second.
Of course we cant shot with him a fighter from 30 km because no one fcs can guide possible routes of a fighter in 10 second. Because thats not a smart moving muntion.
But he can clearly engage a missiles from 6 km like ciws 2 seconds not a gap for cluster munitioned emt's, this is a 2 times more range and 3 times more speed than phalanx als less expensive way and capability of engage low speed sea and also land target's from 30 km. Also I'm thinking maybe be wont have ram project like rim-116. Roketsan Sapan Ram will be Tübitak Sapan Emt. Just because Tübitak sage not a developer firm . He's products generally produced by roketsan.

But the key point is fire rate ofcourse maybe twin turret can be solution.

Last edited:
I have just learned that 40N6E of S400 is Export variant thus its maximum altitude is limited upto 30km. Turkey wasn't given 40n6 which can reach 180km altitude.So if somebody expected s400 to hit some sputniks (satellites) he/she would be disappointed.

However 9M96E2 /9m96e2-1 missiles (s350,s300, s400) with active guidance at range 120km-150km took my respect. Because usually other missiles can reach 100km range with semi-active guidance and illumination.
And it's very compact and light however it fulfits long range capacity.

If i were asked to choose SAM for ada class corvettes or other frigates which have Smart-s mk2 , i would go for both Barak 8 and" Redut" (naval s350 SAM with 9m96e2-1).

Once we bought s400 system, Turkey must copy first 96m96e2 ASAP as Israel did in Barak 8 .

https://www.navyrecognition.com/ind...to-fire-long-range-antiaircraft-missiles.html

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Редут_(зенитный_ракетный_комплекс)
Russians are also going to add 48h6e2 on frigates.

Skip to 0:40
0:50

ezct5rynvNbPwsaz6pTmimd7X-Y2aH9Na-FUG1P2T3bLT-OLAeUUPQ1CQZBaiv3YHUyafibgGqHuY_DVIARdH2l6C6cEJNBgIdc5Pw

TEyLcQ483GijnMHDl9qGBWauw-YKqG_abxigYxky_UTS-toSMT3Qmxyk5SuWe2L5lfMgdjPbt2lz8ICjxysu5dtMtJzM

2145311_800.jpg

Last edited:
I need a facepalm the size of Ankara's provincial borders. Has everyone gone insane?

Our soldiers need our engineers... Nothing else. They better act with such responsibility.

It's time to test these systems against Russians bombing Turkish soldiers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom