What's new

Turkey's incoming military chief warns government he will uphold secularism

Pakistan was created as a Muslims country with sacrifice of hundred of thousands of Muslims. Turkey was formed from the ashes of Ottoman empire and saved from the occupation by European colonial powers, Greek and Armenian Irredentists. Ataturk had to modernise as Turkey was the only Muslim country that was not colonised. Pakistan is and shall remain as a Islamic republic.

Wrong again, and again. There would have been no occupation of Turkey by Greeks, Armenians, or Any other forces no matter what you want to think.

Actually the Greek defeat during the war was mainly due to the fact that the "Colonial European Forces" you so clearly believe where to be evil towards the Turks, decides that Greece was becoming too big for their interests and decided to devide the areas of control between two countries rather than one. Hence turned on the Greeks and aided the Turks. That is how the war turned.

Turks on the other hand are not secular because there are too many religions in the country .. .just as Pakistan is not an islamic ragime because there are no other religions in it.

what kind of arguments are these?

Turkey is secular because the people who envisioned the future of Turkey did not want to base it on Religion, but rather on pragmatic, political approaches.

European countries (including Greece) were almost 100% christian, that did not make them have Christian republics .. what kind of idiotic approach is that?

some people need to open their eyes i think and stop chasing non existant ghosts, there are plenty of existing ghosts and demons that need chasing.

:coffee:

Oh well..Greece has to come out of their recent economic melt down before thinking of any aggression against Turkey..If the Germans hadn't jumped to rescue..Greeks had joined the Third world club...

Oh well..Greece has to come out of their recent economic melt down before thinking of any aggression against Turkey..If the Germans hadn't jumped to rescue..Greeks had joined the Third world club...

Ahhh .. what ? The topic is about the involvement of military in the political affairs of Turkey. I am interested in this because Turkey is our largest neighbour and the one we have the most interaction with.
I don't see where your comment comes in and what it has to do with the thread.

Turkey's incoming military chief warns government he will uphold secularism

ANKARA — In what could portend another confrontatation, Turkey's new military chief has warned that he would repel any government attempt to Islamize the country.

Gen. Isik Kosaner, who entered office on Aug. 27, said the military would continue to represent the bastion of secularism. Kosaner, who replaced outgoing Chief of Staff Gen. Ilker Basbug, said the military was willing to confront anybody, including the Islamist government of Prime Minister Recep Erdogan, who sought to threaten secularism.

"The Turkish armed forces have always taken sides and will take sides in defending the unitary state and secularism," Kosaner said in the ceremony in which he replaced Basbug.

Its not army's job to dictate government. Let the democracy flourish and the secularism will prevail under democratic system.

Its not army's job to dictate government. Let the democracy flourish and the secularism will prevail under democratic system.
This is certainly the army's job because AKP is trying to take control of justice syestem and they are trying to effect on supreme court so nobody left to judge them

So there should be some people who can hang them or else this idiot will turn the government into calpihate or something and we will have to riot and chop his head ourselves...

This is certainly the army's job because AKP is trying to take control of justice syestem and they are trying to effect on supreme court so nobody left to judge them

So there should be some people who can hang them or else this idiot will turn the government into calpihate or something and we will have to riot and chop his head ourselves...

BUT, still, it should not be the army's job to this. If the majority of the people want to have a goverment like Iran, they should be allowed to have it. - I wouldn't like it as a Greek- but when we talk concepts here, it is not the army's job to do this.

BUT, still, it should not be the army's job to this. If the majority of the people want to have a goverment like Iran, they should be allowed to have it. - I wouldn't like it as a Greek- but when we talk concepts here, it is not the army's job to do this.

People voted Erdogan because of his charisma and influence. They choosed him as a prime minister not a khan, sultan, shah, caliph etc. he have to do his damn work within his authorization and he HAVE TO obey the law

I feel your anger, at least I can understand where it's originated. But I would like to remind you that there is a fine line between anger and fascism. Your words like "chop" and "hang" fall into latter part.

:woot: So Ataturk was a british agent :rofl:

ur ataturk is just a hoax, he wanted to be a lenin somehow, to control the piece of land by wipes and wimps, but actually his legacy is dying away, he even didnt make any significant changes in turkey and just the copy paste of west in all aspects other than real progress follow, banning the religion freedom of religion, banning arabic scripts, introducing roman scripys, expelling arabic words, banning to use azan in mosques, turning mosques into museum followed, was just his aim!!

ur ataturk is just a hoax, he wanted to be a lenin somehow, to control the piece of land by wipes and wimps, but actually his legacy is dying away, he even didnt make any significant changes in turkey and just the copy paste of west in all aspects other than real progress follow, banning the religion freedom of religion, banning arabic scripts, introducing roman scripys, expelling arabic words, banning to use azan in mosques, turning mosques into museum followed, was just his aim!!

Is all what comes from Arab Holly, or more Holly than the Quran in your Eyes ?

Kemalism is not ruining Turkey ! Party Leader which acting like Sultans, the Lack of correct understanding Islam by the Majority of People and tribal Society Structures in the South Eastern Region are the main Reasons for ruining Turkey !

i think you live in your own country is not understanding it, excluding some areas like istanbul and the western turkish cities, people have little inmfluence of your kemalistic teachings, not this legacy is dying away see for yourself while residing in germany

Last edited by a moderator:

He could go with sultanate but his choice was republic.

Banning the freedom of religion? Banning arabic scripts? Banning azan in mosques? Turning mosques into museums? Are you a liar or an idiot? I just came from mosque this is a holy night but you are making me angry. However enough disrespecting our national hero and lying about our country. I have reported your miserable commetn.

Our leader, he fought for his country and he resurrected this nation from its ashes but jerks like you never understood him. :angry:

I feel your anger, at least I can understand where it's originated. But I would like to remind you that there is a fine line between anger and fascism. Your words like "chop" and "hang" fall into latter part.
With all my heart i dont want a military coup again I dont like to say this things. Maybe i went too forward but I was talking for extreme situations

Lets hope theese things do not happen but we are in a very dangerous situation. Hope things will be much clear after 12th september and we can live in prosperity under rule of civillian government...

Who came with elections must go with elections not hanging by gallows...

Every period of Time has its own unique signature. Ataturk served for his Time and left his mark.

Our Time has its own unique demands - I think Erdogan is doing just fine and knows what Turkey's role should be on the world stage.

I do not worry about Erdogan going the Caliphate or Mullah way and neither should the Turkish Military

The Turkic Military should try and understand this finer distinction and should stand behind their only Leader who has made the world take a second look at Turkey in our Times.

Islamic revolution is now arising in Turkey brother...
Turkish army can't face it and ultimately they will surrender through a civil war or by choice..

Back
Top Bottom