What's new

Turkey's incoming military chief warns government he will uphold secularism

I don't believe that military intervention to the civil authority helps the country even in the extreme times. But.. in order to keep the state a secular, liberal democracy, state itself must put blocks into its political and governmental systems to stop any threat that undermines these values. If a state can achieve to integrate those blocks, system itself will resolve problems, other than keeping them alive and hunt the country again in years to come.

I would disagree..its good if the system itself can rectify it but if you are certain that it cannot or will not it is good to rectify the system even though it is out of the way. And this is for extreme situations only situations when the nation is in danger.

The army should stick to defending the borders of Turkey. The people of Turkey have chosen AKP in democratic elections. The enemies of Turkey would love to have a coup d'etat in Turkey or at least tension between the army and the government. The era of military rule and interference in politics is over. Rebuffed by Europe Turkish people have tilted towards their Ottoman and Muslim heritage suppressed by Kemalist for many decades.

I would disagree..its good if the system itself can rectify it but if you are certain that it cannot or will not it is good to rectify the system even though it is out of the way. And this is for extreme situations only situations when the nation is in danger.
haha what a hypocrite you indians are - why do you then say no to any army intervention in Pakistan because you'd like corrupt democratic government who can keep pakistan low.

AKP and Erdogan have repeated stated that they will uphold secularism and that they are not against secularism.

Somethings like allowinng head scarfs in public institutions have raised fears but there is nothing wrong with that and a ban is infact against secularism

India is a secular country and muslim girsl can wear headscarfs and attend colleges and public office if they want to or not, so why not in Turkey.

India is a secular country and muslim girsl can wear headscarfs and attend colleges and public office if they want to or not, so why not in Turkey.
You can go hospitals with religionic symbols but schools are different we dont want religionic or politic symbols in schools. There are already politic events in universities (fights etc.).

There are also other reasons but my english is a little rusty. Can not explain theese things :frown:

You can go hospitals with religionic symbols but schools are different we dont want religionic or politic symbols in schools. There are already politic events in universities (fights etc.)

The schools/colleges/universities should allow students to wear what they want. These are educational institutions should stick to education rather than fashion. I have seen photos of Turkish female wearing short skirts to universities which are allowed but not Hijab.

Something worth learning from Turkey that it is essential for Armed forces sometimes to intervene in a democracy. Well done to Turks for transforming a dying theocratic empire into a modern world progressive democracy.

You are not serious are you? In a democracy the armed forces MUST NEVER interfere with the governance of the state.

you may want to consider that reason dictates that the only authority in governing a country should be a properly elected goverment that upholds the constitution.

That is it... no discussion on the subject is allowed. All else is NOT democracy.

I never quite figured out why turkish goverments lack the power to completely remove the "political teeth" from their military.

:coffee:

The schools/colleges/universities should allow students to wear what they want. These are educational institutions should stick to education rather than fashion. I have seen photos of Turkish female wearing short skirts to universities which are allowed but not Hijab.

I know its hard for you to understand the situation, but universities have to keep it scientific. Religion is nothing can be discussed, religion is to be believed but science is always to be suspected and discussed

There are also divine colleges named "ilahiyat fakültesi" and Imam hatip lycees where theology can be made but other than that, students have to stick with science, nothing else...

One question, are there left-wingers and right-wingers fights in Pakistani universities? Sometimes maybe?

You are not serious are you? In a democracy the armed forces MUST NEVER interfere with the governance of the state.

you may want to consider that reason dictates that the only authority in governing a country should be a properly elected goverment that upholds the constitution.

That is it... no discussion on the subject is allowed. All else is NOT democracy.

I never quite figured out why turkish goverments lack the power to completely remove the "political teeth" from their military.

:coffee:

In Democracys Partys follow not only their Leaders, they following the Programm of their Party and it's Base. Turkish Partys nedd Democracy in itself ! Judicative, executive and legislative Powers are speratet in Democracys to Control the Goverment, Turkey is also lacking in this Area. You can not only blame the Millitary that Turkey is not a functioning Democracy.

One question, are there left-wingers and right-wingers fights in Pakistani universities? Sometimes maybe?
Not some times - It is quite common.A right winger even ended up killing a boy who he thought was left winger.Left Winger usually tend to be peaceful where as Ring Wingers go as far to kill others.To solve this issue our president even appointed a 3 star General as Chancellor in one of the largest universities in Pakistan but even he could not control the situation.In Pakistan Universities (Not in Colleges) Politics are very dirty game.People kill each other and Ring Wingers have formed sort of University Mafia.

... but universities have to keep it scientific

Then in Turkey all students should wear lab coats and googles.

madscientistkid.jpg

They wear burqa, chador, hijab, etc. There are also fights but not too serious to call in the army.

In 1666 there was a Jewish person in Turkey who claimed to the Promised Messiah that the Jews has been waiting for. He attracted a large following. His name was Sabbatai Zevy. His followers were called Donmeh. When the Sultan heard of him, he called him for dialogue. “Are you the Messiah?” the Sultan asked. “No” Sabbatai Zevy said. He knew if he had said ‘Yes’, he would be hanged. After lengthy conversation the Sultan was able to convert Sabbatai Zevy into Islam. There after Sabbatai Zevy converted his whole following into Islam. This action led the Sultan to make Sabbatai Zevy his Gate Keeper. Once gaining the confidence of the Sultan, Zevy convinced Sultan to put his new Muslims into high political and military positions. They infiltrated every departments. Mostafa Kemal Attaturk was the decedent of these disguised Muslims. During 1st WW these disguised Muslims spied for British. Upon break of the Ottomans Mustafa Kemal vowed never to bring Khilafa. He banned the Arabic from the Universities and other departments. He banned the Islamic Attire. Ever since then there has been constant struggle between the Muslim masses and ruling elite of Jews and the top Military generals that were from same group. At present the followers of Sabbatai Zevy lives mostly in Salonica, European Turkey. With the recent U turn of Turkey towards Islamization, it is possible the Jews living in European Turkey, with the help of Israel and NATO will revolt against Turkey and break away.

@Nahraf

They wear burqa, chador, hijab, etc. There are also fights but not too serious to call in the army.

In 1997 when the Army intervened, fights in the Universitys was only one of more Reasons. Secular Intellectualls were killed by extremist Groups, Police has beaten Journalists which proteste'd against Erbakans Goverment, extremist Groups like Hizbollah killed secularist, Fettulahcis and were responsible for some Bomb Blasts etc.

^^^ the above piece of information was given to me by my Turkish friend from the history books...

^^^ the above piece of information was given to me by my Turkish friend from the history books...

Ataturk was the Person who throwed out the British and other occupation Forces of the Country, is it logical that he worke'd for the british ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom