What's new

Turkey's incoming military chief warns government he will uphold secularism

In 1997 when the Army intervened, fights in the Universitys was only one of more Reasons. Secular Intellectualls were killed by extremist Groups, Police has beaten Journalists which proteste'd against Erbakans Goverment, extremist Groups like Hizbollah killed secularist, Fettulahcis and were responsible for some Bomb Blasts etc.

Like a balloon when you press one side it expands from the other side. If you continue to repress both left and right, Muslims and secularist then there will be clashes. Live and let live. All should form their political parties and run in elections.

Ataturk was a great human, military commander and of course statesman..Turkish Friends don't get offended by right wingers.Even within Pakistan there are some people who say the same thing about Founder of Pakistan same disgusting things that he was not good Muslim (Just because he was not a fundamentalist and always supported Women Rights, Freedom for Minorities etc).These Right Wingers are most delusional people and biggest threat to Muslims as they like to fight jihad ala Taliban way instead of becoming strong and fighting bravely under a unified Army.They'd like to fight like cowards and make everyone their enemy.They want someone like Khomeini who will end isolating your country.

They infiltrated every departments. Mostafa Kemal Attaturk was the decedent of these disguised Muslims

They are called Dönmeh and still hold many senior positions in the army and right wing parties.

Like a balloon when you press one side it expands from the other side. If you continue to repress both left and right, Muslims and secularist then there will be clashes. Live and let live. All should form their political parties and run in elections.

I have no problem when the Religios have their own Partys, but I have great Problem when they want to Control the whole State. When were seeking Compromises with other Groups of the Society, I would not have any Problem with them !

I have no problem when the Religios have their own Partys, but I have great Problem when they want to Control the whole State. When were seeking Compromises with other Groups of the Society, I would not have any Problem with them !

Pakistan has more than 20 Muslim parties and none of them ever won more than 10 seats. People are smarter than you think they will can choose party that will provide better government.

You can go hospitals with religionic symbols but schools are different we dont want religionic or politic symbols in schools. There are already politic events in universities (fights etc.).

There are also other reasons but my english is a little rusty. Can not explain theese things :frown:

I understand the importance of keeping religion out of universities and public office but wearing the hijab is a personal thing. For some, it is considered as an important personal religious requirement.

If countries like India, US, Australia have no issues with religion/politics when girls wear scarfs why should Turkey?

I have a lot of love and respect for the Turks and Turkish people but this is something that I have never understood espcially because I come from an Indian background living in a secular setup.

So some times powerful military presence in politics and governence is good right ?

This is a biased attitude. Military presence in government matters is good just because it supports your ideology?

I don’t understand why turkey has to show herself under the secularism’s umbrella. I do not support some extremists who are not ready to give people their rights but Islam does allow human and women rights so there should not be any need to for them to show themselves as secular which is not Turkey’s original identity.

Last edited:
This is a biased attitude. Military presence in government matters is good just because it supports your ideology?

I don’t understand why turkey has to show herself under the secularism’s umbrella. I do not support some extremists who are not ready to give people their rights but Islam does allow human and women rights so there should not be any need to for them to show themselves as secular which is not Turkey’s original identity.
SECULARism is not to show off it is to live in. State should not support any religion. Religion is a personal matter it should be kept personal. And SECULARism does not ban any religious rights of muslims so there also shouldn't be a problem.

SECULARism is not to show off it is to live in. State should not support any religion. Religion is a personal matter it should be kept personal. And SECULARism does not ban any religious rights of muslims so there also shouldn't be a problem.

This is your individual point of view. If you do a bit research, Islam provides a complete code of life as well as guidelines for running state affairs and economics also.Secular model can work where people are of different backgrounds but in Muslim countries this model wont work.

At present the followers of Sabbatai Zevy lives mostly in Salonica, European Turkey. With the recent U turn of Turkey towards Islamization, it is possible the Jews living in European Turkey, with the help of Israel and NATO will revolt against Turkey and break away.

You are clearly not serious, or informed. There are NO jews or Turks of ANY kind (other than some businessmen) who live at present in Thessaloniki (Salonika), Greece. Just you mentioning they are, shows how mal-informed you are. I hope you don't believe the things you wrote.

And for the love of God, stop debating if the interference of Military OR religion in the governance of a country is a good thing.

IT ISN'T .

Religion in power is the WORST thing that can happen to ANY country. Military mixing in with the running of a country is not just bad, it by definition nulifies the concept of democracy.

I can't believe you are even debating the whole thing. This is a clear indication that there is something wrong with the ones who do. !!!!
This is not a matter of "everybody is entitled to their opinion".. some opinions are insulting to everyone's intelligence and to humanity as a whole.. need i remind you that the "nazis" are not entitled to their opinion, and neither are the "racists" ...

Some opinions , are not opinions.. they are simply crimes waiting to happen... get serious about serious matters

:coffee:

Ataturk was the Person who throwed out the British and other occupation Forces of the Country, is it logical that he worke'd for the british ?

Britishers or any others (america) don't care who rule the muslim world whether ataturk, Shah abdullah, zardari, erodgan..
what they make sure that no islamic state should be established and its laws should not be maintained...
A tayyep or Moulana can rule until or unless he does not change the secular law in a country, the Law should not be islamic in any muslim state..
There is a huge clash of civilization, culture, religion, laws, State affairs, ethics, code of life amongst the world...

You are clearly not serious, or informed. There are NO jews or Turks of ANY kind (other than some businessmen) who live at present in Thessaloniki (Salonika), Greece. Just you mentioning they are, shows how mal-informed you are. I hope you don't believe the things you wrote.

And for the love of God, stop debating if the interference of Military OR religion in the governance of a country is a good thing.

IT ISN'T .

Religion in power is the WORST thing that can happen to ANY country. Military mixing in with the running of a country is not just bad, it by definition nulifies the concept of democracy.

I can't believe you are even debating the whole thing. This is a clear indication that there is something wrong with the ones who do. !!!!
This is not a matter of "everybody is entitled to their opinion".. some opinions are insulting to everyone's intelligence and to humanity as a whole.. need i remind you that the "nazis" are not entitled to their opinion, and neither are the "racists" ...

Some opinions , are not opinions.. they are simply crimes waiting to happen... get serious about serious matters

:coffee:

In the early 18th century there was a huge infiltration in the Muslim world by other religious groups to accept Islam and rule within the country, we have so many examples from the history, those infiltrated groups had given the ruler-ship by Britishers when they conquered the whole sub-continent, middle east, turkey e.t.c..
:angry:

Back
Top Bottom