What's new

Turkey's incoming military chief warns government he will uphold secularism

Islamic revolution is now arising in Turkey brother...
Turkish army can't face it and ultimately they will surrender through a civil war or by choice..
You are talking so blindly my friend, the real situation is much different. People want to live in a democratic country. The ones that do not they can just peace off and go to Iran...

Only power can shake Turkish government is Turkish Armed Forces and they wont do this again, and as Turkish Army exists no-one can level the government. Theese extermists are less then 1 percent in our population (unlike pakistan maybe) in fact nobody even dare to attempt something like that.

Last edited:
Islamic revolution is now arising in Turkey brother...
Turkish army can't face it and ultimately they will surrender through a civil war or by choice..

Now that was one hell of a hallucinated statement, you want Turkey to become another Iran or a miserable Pakistan or a third world Arab Monarch

The simple fact is that Turks have freed themselves from shackles of a invisible man interfering in the state affairs & Arabic Holly Molly Rant but somehow Pakistanis have a distaste for a system of governance that has made nations 'progressive' BUT hey we Pakistanis are after all a nation still torn b/w Arab boot licking & our own ideology, Seriously people at least stop disrespecting Attaturk by floating the conspiracy theories about him, I am sure non of you will be able to tolerate if same is said about Quaid or may be some of you will tolerate it because after all Quiad was not a 'Good Muslim', Damn religion based Arabic identity aka Mohammedanism which has destroyed Pakistan & continues to delude Pakistanis with 'Ummah Rant'

Last edited:
Man even the ones who vote for AKP loves Ataturk deeply in their hearts (except some idiots who love khomeni more than Ataturk) and they would not want the governments collapse

But if government collapses(quite impossible), Erdogan can not survive this im telling you.

Ignore those idiots abusing Ataturk - They probably live in some delusional muslim brotherhood Ummah and i have no doubt they have same feeling towards Pakistani Founder who was secular.

A progressive Muslim leader, Jinnah was a known admirer of the Turkish leader Mustafa Kemal, sharing his attitudes on modernization. Jinnah desired to implement many of Kemal's policies and reforms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnah_Caddesi

This would have been anathema to Jinnah who admired Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the apostle of secularism in Turkey. Jinnah thought poorly of pan-Islamism, calling it an exploded bogey.

DAWN.COM | Editorial | Rediscovering Jinnah

Jinnah was referred to as Kafir-e-Azam by a powerful and known religious leader of India amongst other things. I comment Turkeys military chief on wanting to uphold the values that have made Turkey a great nation today.

It is an example for us, we should follow it albeit in our own way.

I don't when will this generation of Zia will understand that those former Pagans are nothing more than stone age mentality people with petro Dollars in their hands who are so brave that they needed infidel troops to defend their countries from Saddam.They are fueling & financing the massacre of this very nation & irony is that the Pakistanis still opt to support the people who caused chaos in their country & simply destroyed its identity, something the founding fathers never wanted compared to the book lickers who were against the very creation of Pakistan.

Last edited:
I guess Secular Turkey should be upheld as it has worked fine for Turks , moreover the Military should stay away from the Political process as its just not their job.

This govt has turned Turkey into 2nd fastest growing economy on the Planet which is great and it must be appreciated.

Why are there so many anti-secular people here ? What exactly has the Arab countries achieved might i ask ? The only thing keeping them alive is their little black resource. What about Iran ? Are they successful being sanctioned to death by most of the world and being high on the list of human rights violations ?. Could someone give me one state that has seen impressive success that runs off a religious ideology ?

i said before i will say again that the amalgamation of state & religion is equivalent to disaster, there are living examples of this, when ever a progressive state's Gov is integrated with religion the result has been disastrous & that country has gone from progressive nation to dark depths of bigotry, hate, intolerance & delusion. The day the Zia mixed both entities was the day Pakistan pushed itself off the cliff & the situation right now is that every freaking person in our country sees things from a lens of religion & there's a Infidel conspiring every where, the end result is we don't even know what we are & where are going & we are in now in pit of endless misery.
weren't the founding fathers of this nation sane people or what? was Republic of Pakistan in any way offensive, of course not. The Pakistan of Pre-Zia era, when we became 'true muslims', was WAY better, no doubt we had problems but at least we were progressing & we were not stalled

Why are there so many anti-secular people here ? What exactly has the Arab countries achieved might i ask ? The only thing keeping them alive is their little black resource. What about Iran ? Are they successful being sanctioned to death by most of the world and being high on the list of human rights violations ?. Could someone give me one state that has seen impressive success that runs off a religious ideology ?

Actually some people with a stone age mentality, Like to see executions, stoning, lynching, suppression of rights & suppression of individual freedom under banner of fake morality & they think a terrorized suppressed society is a achievement & they'll get a reward in world here after, this world is just nothing...

All of these people deserve to live under Ayatollahs & Taliban

Last edited:
^^^^^^

We had the Objectives Resolution passed in 1949 which combined western and Islamic features. Then we became an Islamic republic in 1956, so we had religion as a part of our constitution from an early stage. This did not create any problems as religion was still limited within our state, it was Bhutto who wanted to appease the Islamic parties and gave in to their demands. Similarly it was Bhutto who utilised pan Islamism to gain support from the Muslim world.

Zia finished it all off with his strict Islamisation project.

This govt has turned Turkey into 2nd fastest growing economy on the Planet which is great and it must be appreciated.

Perhaps, you are right on this but I see they are still working with strategy of a former minister of economy Kemal Derviş so this is not about their economic mastermind its nature of Turkish Economy

For a very very long time politics was an obstacle over Turkish economy's way to development. When politics gaing stability, economy grown itself :) But corruption is still high and bad smells are coming from government itself

Its very embarrassing, listen what he says especially about media. We just bored AKP's expansionist policies, taken over the media, taken over the constitution they are like a spider weaving webs around and trying to tame the army now.

If Tayyeap reads an article on a newspaper and thinks its hostile to him he tells people "dont buy this newspaper" If that newspaper continues to criticize the government they get huge tax fines. :)

But If a newspaper criticizes Army (in offensive levels) he dont move a muscle. Republic is not the property of AKP and Erdogan is not a sultan he must pay for his crimes especially for using government for his personal ambitions...

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^This man says it all. I suggest everyone watch the video. I do hope the Military and CHP can get this man out of office.

With all my heart i dont want a military coup again I dont like to say this things. Maybe i went too forward but I was talking for extreme situations

Lets hope theese things do not happen but we are in a very dangerous situation. Hope things will be much clear after 12th september and we can live in prosperity under rule of civillian government...

Who came with elections must go with elections not hanging by gallows...

Trust me, I know how much bad politicians affect our everyday life, and how they can ruin a country inside out.
But we have to be very careful. There is a very fine line between the proper way to react and the completely wrong and destructive way to react.

:coffee:

You are not serious are you? In a democracy the armed forces MUST NEVER interfere with the governance of the state.

you may want to consider that reason dictates that the only authority in governing a country should be a properly elected goverment that upholds the constitution.

That is it... no discussion on the subject is allowed. All else is NOT democracy.

I never quite figured out why turkish goverments lack the power to completely remove the "political teeth" from their military.

You are not serious are you? In a democracy the armed forces MUST NEVER interfere with the governance of the state.

you may want to consider that reason dictates that the only authority in governing a country should be a properly elected goverment that upholds the constitution.

That is it... no discussion on the subject is allowed. All else is NOT democracy.

I never quite figured out why turkish goverments lack the power to completely remove the "political teeth" from their military.

I am serious. You see, when democratic leaders get too corrupt and feudalistic (something very very common in South Asian countries), there has to be someone to put a stop to this. You see, the general Indian/Pakistani mentality doesn't question their government like you Europeans and Americans would do to your governments at every step.

For example, if you guys are deprived of some state facility or benefit for even a week, you guys form communities and protest and demand answers aggressively (as you should). But Indians/Pakistanis don't. We silently tolerate out of apprehension that corrupt politicians will hire armed goons and harrass the protesters' families later on. And this happens most often.

Democracy though prized, is not exactly suitable in its purest form in sub-continent i.e. not in the discussion-only mode and thiat is why I agree with the general. Sometimes a power balance must be there to check the feudalistic and corrupt politicians who accumulate power and black money and threaten the common mass. And only the armed forces are capable of doing that in such societies.

To keep the ruling party in check of their cross-the-lines corruption and at the same time being under them as people should be is the true balanced form of democracy.

Do you know because of this attitude, Swiss banks are loaded with our money. If we bring all of that to India and assimilate it systematically in our economy, we'd have climbed 6 more ranks at least in world economies' size.

This is why I welcomed this Turkish general's statement. Turkey's problem is the thin line between secularism and religious conservatism which in our case is with feudalism and corrupt top order. So Turkish military is right in this case.

Trust me, I know how much bad politicians affect our everyday life, and how they can ruin a country inside out.
But we have to be very careful. There is a very fine line between the proper way to react and the completely wrong and destructive way to react.

Bro, no one prefers to have military rulers because that is the sign that a country is weak and cannot handle itself. Even I am against it. But there must be some indications that politicians are being watched by military and military is being watched by politicians so that they both remain in check and don't take people for granted. :)

Back
Top Bottom