What's new

Trump says 'Iran made a very big mistake' after US military confirms it shot down American drone

You worry about your own slum state kid:

81d40e30a9ad0ee7124e6110a34a8ec4.jpg

Ignore that shit head idiot...

Then USN must be ready for ALL ships IN the PG to sink to the bottom. If you dunno thats facts, then you've confirmed you dont live in reality.
Dude, if this was so easy...

Houthi have also shot down American UAV (armed ones) but when they challenged USN as a force, it turned out much different for them and they lost their coastal defenses in the process.

I am telling you guys in good faith, do not make a big deal out of shooting down a virtually defenseless UAV, it proves nothing.

Be humble and try to de-escalate. US have all the time in its hands to torment Iran now. Try to understand.

Houthi have also shot down American UAV (armed ones) but when they challenged USN as a force, it turned out much different for them and they lost their coastal defenses in the process.

I am telling you guys in good faith, do not make a big deal out of shooting down a virtually defenseless UAV, it proves nothing.

Difference is the RQ-4 was flying at 52,000 ft according to Iran, it's not exactly comparable with the Houthi shootdown.

As for defences:

"The Global Hawk is also equipped with the Raytheon AN/ALR-89 self-protection suite, which consists of the AN/ALR-90 pulsed Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), the AN/AVR-3 Laser Warning System, AN/APR-49 Radar Warning Receiver, a jamming system, and the AN/ALE-50 towed decoy."

http://www.fi-aeroweb.com/Defense/RQ-4-Global-Hawk.html

As for your last point, I think Iran should definitely make a big deal out of it, but de-escalate nonetheless. This is nothing less than a victory, so Iran would do well to de-escalate to keep that victory. Looks like Trump has already chickened out though.

Dude, if this was so easy...
This is exactly what i said about your US military theories and assertions that sound and read good but are also unrealistic(just like your comment about USN ship USS mason : "has good history in warfighting" in regard to it ONLY evading few cruise missiles from Houthis). you exaggerate too.

Iran is 100X stronger than Houthis so sorry, you are doing apples and oranges comparison here. US has kept the aircraft carrier till now out of the PG because it knows Iran can knock it out.

No one is. Only reason its new is because it takes political and military bravery, which many countries lack.

Be humble and try to de-escalate. US have all the time in its hands to torment Iran now. Try to understand.
Go tell that to the US. No, Iran has all the time on its hands, and the "moral justification" to go after all US assets in the area- too many targets. Iran can take damage. Can US? NO, thats why US doesnt want to attack. Trump just choked.

Difference is the RQ-4 was flying at 52,000 ft according to Iran, it's not exactly comparable with the Houthi shootdown.
I have repeatedly pointed out in different posts that this was an impressive kill, and a high-end SAM system was involved.

According to an Iranian military official, Third of Khordad and Bavar-3 are among the best of Iran's AD capabilities.

As for defences:

"The Global Hawk is also equipped with the Raytheon AN/ALR-89 self-protection suite, which consists of the AN/ALR-90 pulsed Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), the AN/AVR-3 Laser Warning System, AN/APR-49 Radar Warning Receiver, a jamming system, and the AN/ALE-50 towed decoy."

http://www.fi-aeroweb.com/Defense/RQ-4-Global-Hawk.html
This UAV is/was RQ-4A BAMS-D model.

FYI: https://theaviationist.com/2019/06/...-shot-down-by-iran-over-the-strait-of-hormuz/

Nobody knows for sure what kind of payload it was carrying when it was struck, theoretical payload like the one you mentioned do not count.

Also, expecting a HALE to dodge an LR-SAM? Not exactly an evasive type.

As for your last point, I think Iran should definitely make a big deal out of it, but de-escalate nonetheless. This is nothing less than a victory, so Iran would do well to de-escalate to keep that victory. Looks like Trump has already chickened out though.
De-escalation is the right course, and talks should be prioritized.

As for Donald Trump chickening out? Nothing suggest this is the case. Hate this guy but he is not war-mongering type and only he is preventing Pentagon from doing something about Iran. Trump's tweets since the start of this saga, are do not signal war-mongering but preference for talks.

However, I suspect that Pentagon is increasingly frustrated with Trump. USN cannot act without approval of POTUS, this would be a rogue move.

Last edited:
I have repeatedly pointed out in different posts that this was an impressive kill, and a high-end SAM system was involved.

Was just pointing out that this shootdown and the Yemeni one aren't comparable, but in any case I haven't been very active on the forum lately. Twitter is better for high-quality information now.

This UAV is/was RQ-4A BAMS-D model.

FYI: https://theaviationist.com/2019/06/...-shot-down-by-iran-over-the-strait-of-hormuz/

Nobody knows for sure what kind of payload it was carrying when it was struck, theoretical payload like the one you mentioned do not count.

Sure, but I hardly think they would leave such a high value asset defenceless.

Also, expecting a HALE to dodge an LR-SAM? Not exactly an evasive type.

True.

As for Donald Trump chickening out? Nothing suggest this is the case. Hate this guy but he is not war-mongering type

It's good that he's not the war-mongering type, but I would say he's chickening out due to his constant and ham-fisted use of brinkmanship.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom